Chapter 03.

3 Days To Fall In Love

"So... Where should we go?" You tilted your head in curiosity. You could barely hold in your excitement but no way were you going to show that side of you to Yongguk. Yongguk cussed under his breath and looked at you. He wanted to go out with you but he didn’t know where would be a good place to bring you for your first... outing. He didn’t know if he should call it a date or not... He should right? It is a date right? Yes, he shall call it a date.

"I... Uh.. We... Um... Actually I’m not very sure... I just wanted to spend some time with you. I'm not from here remember? I'm not familiar with my surroundings...” Yongguk trailed off. He sounded useless in front of you and he didn’t like it.

You chuckled but he thought you were mocking him. Yongguk rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, giving you awkward smiles. "How about... I bring you around today?" You smiled. 

Yongguk returned a smile. "Yes, that sounds nice." You beamed. But now you had to think of where to go... Dongdaemun? Hongdae? Lotte world? Or Everland? It all sounded so cliché. But in the end your legs unknowingly brought you to where you wanted to go so badly - Lotte World. Yes, you wanted to go to Lotte World with your boyfriend ever since young. You would often be envious when you see couples laughing and having fun together. You had one ex-boyfriend before... But that wasn’t the point.

Yongguk looked at all the rides, and jumped around like a little kid. "What is this place!!? Where are we?" He asked excitedly. "Omo! What is that ride! Let’s ride that first! Is it fun? I don’t know ahhh! Raein, let’s play already, what are you waiting for!!" He spoke like a machine gun. You couldn’t even catch any of his words. You calmed Yongguk down and brought him around to see which ride he wants to ride first.

Yongguk walked and looked around, finally stopping in front of... The Haunted House. You widened your eyes in fear. You hated horror. You gulped and looked at Yongguk, who was beaming like a kid who bought the best toy in the world. He looked at you and dragged you into the Haunted House. "Let’s go!"

You pulled back reluctantly, not wanting to go in there. "NOOOOOOOOO!" Yongguk carried you by your waist and slung you over his shoulder. You were like a feather to him. You kicked your arms and legs wildly, hoping Yongguk would let you go. You covered your ears and shut your eyes, not looking forward to what is going to happen.

Yongguk let you down on the ground and you thought it was over, but no. The both of you were in the Haunted House already, and it was just the beginning. Creepy music started playing in the background; a child calling "Mummy... Mummy..." repeatedly. You started shivering when a cold wind blew. Yongguk started walking faster and you stretched out your hand. "Yongguk-ah..." You said weakly. You couldn’t move. You tried but you can’t.

But Yongguk's figure was slowly disappearing. He thought you were right behind him and therefore didn’t stop at all. He was unfazed by all the "supernatural" popping out and even laughed at their horrible makeup. I mean, come on. He was an alien. He has seen uglier creatures than these humans. Well, he was an exception. He was a handsome one.

You were all alone now. You tried moving a step and a hand grabbed your leg. You shrieked in horror and tears started flowing. You tried to kick the hand away but its grip on your leg was strong. "YONGGUK! WHERE ARE YOU YONGGUK?!" You screamed. Tears blurred your vision and you decided to take a risk and just run through the whole journey. You took in a deep breath and started counting down. 

3.....

2...

1..

A hand landed on your shoulder and you screamed again. "Go away ghost! GO AWAY!" You begged "it". "It" grabbed your hand and pulled you into "it's" embrace. You froze and looked up. Relief washed over you when you saw that it was Yongguk. He saw your worried face and he could feel his heart hurting a little. The moment he heard your scream, he ran back to where you were immediately. You teared again and bit your lip before hugging Yongguk back tightly. 

His arms were strong and sturdy, his embrace made you feel safe in his arms. "Don’t look anywhere, just close your eyes and lean into my chest." He whispered into your ear. You could only nod. Yongguk started moving towards the end slowly. He could feel your grip on his wife beater getting tighter and tighter as more and more "ghosts" appeared. When the both of you exited the Haunted House, he nudged you slightly. "We're out."

You looked up at your surroundings with your tear strained face and heaved a sigh of relief. You then glared at Yongguk tearfully, shoving him away. Your skin immediately craved for his touch again. "YOU-" You were cut off by when you saw his guilt-ridden face. You huffed and looked away.

"I'm really sorry Raein-ah. I'm sorry I forced you to go to the Haunted House with me. I wanted to have fun and didn’t care about how you feel. Today was supposed to be a great day for the both of us. I'm sorry I wasn’t able to bring you out on a date like how other guys do. Instead, you had to bring me around. I'm sorry for everything that has happened so far. I should have stood beside you all the way in the Haunted House. I'm really sorry..." Yongguk hugged you again and your hair softly.

You softened and patted his back. "Pabo, you don’t have to apologise for 5 times. You're forgiven." Yongguk pulled away instantly and his eyes sparkled.

"REALLY?" He then pulled you back in and hugged you tighter like you were his Tigger.

"Thank you thank you thank you soooo much Raein-ah! To compensate you, let’s go eat ice cream!!" He showed you his eye smile.

"Sure... Because I would be the one paying anyway." You chuckled and let him drag you to the ice cream stand.

"Ahjummah! One strawberry and one vanilla cone please!" Yongguk ordered. You didn’t hear the orders.

The ahjummah cooed at the both of you. "Aigoo, the both of you are so adorable. Strawberry and vanilla coming up!"

You blushed and looked at Yongguk. You didn’t even realise that the both of you have been holding hands ever since you came out of the Haunted House. It felt nice; Yongguk's hands were just right, not too big to engulf your puny fingers. You bit your lip so as to not smile in front of the ahjummah and Yongguk like a weirdo.

The ahjummah handed you and Yongguk your ice cream cones. "Thank you ahjummah!" The both of you bowed and thanked her before leaving.

You your ice cream and your mouth made an 'o' shape. "How do you know I love strawberry?!" You exclaimed.

Yongguk chuckled and tapped his head. "I know girls, baby." He winked.

You felt blush creeping up your cheeks again when he called you 'baby'. If this continues, you are going to faint. Not because you like Yongguk. No, you don’t like him.

"Girls? Hah, were you a flirt?" You retorted. You couldn’t help but feel a little jealous. 

"No, no! You're the only girl in my life ever since I was created!" Yongguk denied almost immediately. He didn’t know why your opinions meant so much to him, but he didn’t want to upset you, that are for sure.

You scoffed. "Sure, whatever. By the way, I need the toilet. Be back soon." You left for the ladies. Yongguk was left alone and he walked towards a bench, waiting for you. He placed an arm on the top of the bench. Suddenly, someone approached him and sat on the space where Yongguk placed his arm so it looked like Yongguk was slinging his arm over that person. Yongguk gulped and shifted uncomfortably. The person looked very familiar to him but he couldn’t point out whom...

You came out of the ladies and saw someone beside Yongguk on the bench. The stranger was trying to get close to Yongguk and at that moment you could feel your heart shattering into a million pieces.