Chapter 19.

3 Days To Fall In Love

Many days have passed since the accident. You spent your time in the hospital every day, sometimes with Jongup and Youngjae as your company. You wouldn’t leave Daehyun's side no matter what. You believed that it was your fault he is in this state.

Daehyun still showed no signs of waking up. Junhong, on the other hand, made sure that you were safe if Jongup or Youngjae wasn’t around.

This day, was surprisingly chilly. The rain was heavy and merciless while the wind blew harshly, uprooting little saplings and upsetting the citizens. You took a pink knitted scarf out of your bag and wrapped it around your slender neck. The grip on your umbrella tightened as the wind threatened to blow it away. "Guessed I should've asked Jongup for a ride.." You muttered under your breath and picked up your pace.

"If only I could wrap my arms around her.. Wait, what are you talking about Choi Junhong?! She doesn’t even know your existence you idiot." Junhong gazed at her petite back view and felt his heart break a little.

How long has this been, since when did his life revolve around Kwon Raein. He knew deep down, that you will never reciprocate his feelings but he felt the need to protect you. He was enraged when he discovered Yongguk had left you but at the same time, happy. He thought he could finally make his move but her ex had to come into the picture again.

Snapping out of his thoughts, he discovered he had already lost you. "Aish, focus!! What are you gonna do if she had met with a mishap!" He grumbled and hit his own head. At least, he knew where you would be going. You would be going to the hospital to see Daehyun again.

--------------------

*I'm here again. Will Daehyun wake up?* You asked yourself this question ever since he is in a coma. Daehyun's accident had taken your mind of Yongguk for a while and you didnt even know if he was ever going to return. You sighed softly and held on to Daehyun's icy cold hand.

"Oppa, you're so cold, do you feel better now?" You said as you blew hot breath on his hand and smiled a little.

The cuts on his face were long gone but the long cut on his left cheek left a visible scar. You reached out to touch his still bandaged head and trailed your fingers down to his soft hair. A tear almost escaped your eye as your fingers touched his left cheek. He didnt look as flawless as he used to be anymore but he was still going to be your hero. 

"Noona?" Jongup peeked through the hospital door. "Can I come in?"

"Why not?" You stifled and wiped the tear away. Jongup stepped into the cold room and headed towards the bed. He placed a hand on your shoulder that made you look up at him. "Noona.. Are you crying again?" 

"No.. Why would I be?" You managed your best smile but Jongup could see through you easily. 

"Stop lying. It’s been a few weeks since hyung got into a coma and never once did I not see you cry whenever you see him. You've lost so much weight, I could barely recognise you. You don’t even do anymore research and the other female professors are using this chance to take over the top female scientist spot." You lowered your gaze and bit your lip.

Jongup bent down to meet your eyes and tiled your chin up with his fingers. "Would hyung be happy if he saw you in this state? Hmm?"

You unfurrowed your eyebrows and looked at Daehyun. "He wouldn’t." You whispered.

"Thats right, he wouldn’t be happy. I'm not saying that you should not care about hyung anymore but please, take care of your own health too. Youngjae and I don’t want you to fall sick. We're too lazy to take care of you two, you know." Jongup tried to joke.

You nodded and laughed. It was the first genuine laugh ever since Jongup saw you at the club a month ago. *That’s right, noona. Smile and laugh more. Hyung will wake up soon. I'm sure he wants to see your pretty face again.*

"Oh, Jongup. By the way, have you found who donated the blood to Daehyun? I tried asking the nurses and doctors but they are reluctant to reveal. Any results from your private investigators?" You asked.

Jongup shook his head. "Nothing so far. He's mysterious and leaves nothing behind. I can’t even find out what school he used to go to. Furthermore, hospital records are confidential. We need more information about this dude for my P.I to carry on with his job."

You nodded in understanding. *Who is this guy that donated blood to Daehyun? Doesn’t he want to claim credit for saving Daehyun's life? And why would he not reveal any information about him? Unless, he doesn’t want anyone to find him?* 

You looked at Jongup. "I guess, we'll know more things about him soon. I have this gut feeling.."

Junhong, who was outside the ward all along, sighed in frustration. He had kept a low profile and his existence wouldn’t have been known if it didnt concern saving a life.

Junhong had made himself hard to trace ever since the incident since he didnt want you to track him down. He wanted you to know him, in a different way. Probably face to face. *I gotta step up my game. Maybe, just maybe it’s time for her to know me.*

"Well, I think I should get going now, no? Since someone indirectly hinted me to get a life." Junhong heard you joke. 

*It’s my cue to scram.* Junhong thought as he disappeared down the hallway.

"Noona! I didnt mean that!" Jongup pouted as he opened the hospital door and headed out with you. You chuckled as you searched your bag for your mobile phone. *Eh? I didnt bring it out today? No wonder it didnt ring at all just now. I was expecting a call from Jongup if he came.*

"What are you looking for, noona?" Jongup asked as he placed his hands behind his back and smiled cheekily.

"Just my mobile! I left it at home, I guess.." 

"Oh! No wonder you didnt reply my text. Well, where are you headed to by the way?" Jongup and you were headed towards the car park.

"Home? Or the lab.. Since you said many are trying to take over my spot as best female scientist aye~" You teased.

"You're the best scientist to me!! And.. Don’t go home or the lab. Let’s go to Babyz and find Youngjae hyung. It’s been a week since he saw you and he's been begging me to give him a day off but I can’t, you know? He's the best bartender and if he doesn’t work, no one will come to Babyz anymore! When Daehyun hyung wakes up, he'll scold me for being incompetent and all, and i hate that! My life is really tough.." Jongup rambled on as the both of you got on the car.

You were staring out of the car window and tuned out Jongup's grumbling long ago. *Mysterious donor.. When can I meet you?* 

Meanwhile, at home, your mobile has been ringing endlessly. *Pick up, PICK UP! Why aren’t you picking up?!* The caller stared at the phone angrily and smashed it into pieces.

"Have you already forgotten about me?" He whispered, as he held on to his pounding head.