Chapter 10.

3 Days To Fall In Love

An uncomfortable feeling formed in Yongguk's stomach as he heard a strained voice ringing in his head. Yongguk gulped but choked on his saliva instead. You got shocked by his sudden coughing and started to panic. "Yongguk-ah! Are you okay??"

"I.. I feel breathless." Yongguk cried out as he collapsed on the ground, still clutching onto his chest. The world seemed to stop for you as you saw pain etched on his face. You had no idea what was happening. And you thought things were starting to go on the right track...

Yongguk grabbed your hand and said in a strangled voice, "Please.. Bring me.. To Sunmi..." Baffled by his words, you questioned him. "Dont ask, just bring me to her.. NOW." He demanded. Hearing his firm tone, you brought his up to his feet and supported his weight using your own body. In no time, you had already flagged for a taxi and headed to look for Sunmi.

-------------------

Sunmi laid on the bed motionlessly with a peaceful smile plastered on her face. The warm sun streamed into the room and shone over her cold body. The glass knife reflected the bright light, making the room brighter than usual. No signs of waking up. 

The door of her house creaked open and figures walked in. But it wasn’t Yongguk and you. 3 ladies stood beside the lifeless body, scrutinising her.

"Pathetic thing we have here, killing herself over a boy." One of them commented.

"Disgrace to our species."

"Enough! It’s my daughter you are talking about. Let’s just get down to business." 

The first lady closed the windows and curtains to ensure that the room would be dark and still. The second lady positioned white candles around the room and got into her position too. The last lady took a glance at her hideous daughter before standing in between the other two and linked their hands together.

The last lady started to mumble a Greek spell and the white candles around started to light up. At the third line of the spell, the other two started to join in and gathered their energy together so that it'll work.

The candle flames started to increase its intensity as the spell proceeded. The glass knife started to extract itself on its own from Sunmi's body and the pale hardened face started to gain colour. With one last chant of the spell, the glass knife exploded into glitter dust and landed on the still motionless body.

"Our job is done. Let’s go." The first lady said, while dusting imaginary dust off her hands. With a snap of her nimble fingers, the candles in the room disappeared and everything was back to normal, just like how it was before they came in. The first and second lady headed for the door but Sunmi's mum stood rooted to the ground, staring at the "newly furnished" Sunmi.

She went to sit beside Sunmi, brushing hair off her face. "Sunmi ah, you're prettier now. I brought you back to life and used my powers to make you prettier again. Sunny, I hope you'll complete the mission I told you. Don’t let Sunmi control your personality..."

"Hurry up! The portal is closing!!" The first lady shouted from outside the house. Sunmi's mum took one longing glance at her daughter before vanishing into the portal with her friends.

Sunmi laid on the bed with a white fitting dress, her hair now in an alluring shade of red, and her face was firm and smooth with no acne or wrinkles whatsoever. She could pass off as a perfect mannequin doll as a feminine and y aura radiated from the one and only witch-alien on Earth.

Once again, the door slammed open and in came you and Yongguk. The pain in Yongguk's chest had miraculously disappeared on his way here and he rushed to the only room present in the house. His fingers fumbled for the door in his state of panic and finally after what felt like hours, it opened.

You hoped that Yongguk would explain everything to you but on your way to Sunmi's house, everytime you asked him to tell you what was going on, he would shrug off your question and asked the taxi driver to hurry up. Your existence was like a nuisance to him but you put that thought away. *Something must have happened to Sunmi..* You chanted in your head. 

When you and Yongguk finally reached Sunmi's place, Yongguk didnt even care about you and zoomed off to the room. Why did he even need you here then if he could do everything himself? You didn’t want to fight or argue with him but you really couldn’t help but to feel insecure. This is what happens when you enter a world full of aliens. (You still don’t anything about witches since Yongguk didn’t tell you about it.)

Yongguk was astounded by the Barbie looking like doll in front of him. She looked nothing like the Sunmi he saw yesterday. "I'm looking for.. Sunmi?" Yongguk spoke softly.

You walked towards the room to see a shocked Yongguk standing at the doorway. Tilting your head in confusion, you walked towards him and snapped your fingers in front of him, in an attempt to wake him up from his trance.

You looked at where his eyes were looking towards and got a shock yourself. She stood proud and tall, with the dress screaming out her curves. You immediately felt self-conscious and looked at yourself. Yongguk was still silent all this while.

Sunmi flashed the both of you a meek smile and flicked her hair. "Hey guys, I'm not Sunmi. I am Sunny." 

Being the ignorant person you are, you brightened up at the sight of Sunny. She welcomed you with open arms. You didn’t think much on what did she do to become "prettier" but you were just glad that you were able to see the other person who wanted the best for Yongguk other than you. 

"Unnie!! You're soooo pretty!! You must be the prettiest alien ever!" You chimed. Sunny smiled and wanted to reach forward to pat your head but Yongguk pulled you away from Sunny. He stood in front of you protectively, his glare intensifying every second he looked at this monster standing in front of him.

You tugged on his sleeve and whispered, "Whats wrong, Yongguk?"

Yongguk turned to look at you and glared at Sunny once again. "She's a monster, Raein-ah. She'll hurt you." Confusion swept over you as you looked at the smiling beauty in front of you. What was Yongguk talking about?

"Yongguk-ah why are you like this? I thought we had fun last night." Sunny stepped forward and traced a finger across his cheek and well defined jawline. An unexplainable feeling rushed through his body and he stepped back. Sunny smirked and looked at you.

You bit your lip nervously as you sensed the thick tension forming in the air. You let out an awkward laugh and pulled Yongguk towards the door. "Maybe we should leave, bye!!" You closed the door before you could hear Sunny's reply. 

Sunny cackled evily and shook her head. "Your days are numbered. Good luck."

You and Yongguk were waiting for the lift and he hasn’t said a word ever since just now. "What’s wrong? Can you explain things to me?" You said with a pleading tone in your voice. Yongguk held one of your hands and stared into your eyes. You could see some desperation and sadness in his eyes. He squeezed your hand and let out a small smile.

"I'll tell you. Soon."

You couldnt take it anymore. Isn’t he supposed to tell you everything? Aren’t the both of you together? Soon? When the hell is soon? Days? Months? Or years? Maybe centuries? Yeah he'll get to live till then but not you. You are human. You'll die one day. When will he finally open up to you? The day you lie on your deathbed?

"Just tell me please?!" You said firmly. There was a ding sound and the lift doors opened. Yongguk face hardened as he stepped into the empty lift, still refusing to say anything. You followed and stood beside him, sighing in desperation. *Doesn’t he trust me?*

Yongguk read your mind and turned you so that you are now facing him. "Look, there are some things that it’s better not to know. Ignorance is bliss, Raein-ah.." He explained, hoping you'll understand. You huffed, "But I believe I have the right to know!"

The lift doors opened again and Yongguk led you out. The both of you are now standing on the roadside, without a single car in sight. The chilly air seemed to make the atmosphere colder than it should be.

Yongguk broke the deafening silence first. "I'm sorry." He pursed his lips while you just stayed quiet. "Since you already know I’m an alien, I guess it wouldn’t be that surprising if I said that witches exist too?"

You shot him a surprised look nevertheless and he chuckled at how adorable you looked. Yongguk started to explain everything from the very start, not missing out any single detail. Your expression turned from shocked to angry to confused and finally a poker face.

"Why didn’t you tell me earlier?!?!" You finally exploded. This is too much to handle. So you were supposed to stay far away from Sunmi? Wait no, Sunny. Was Sunmi the bad guy or Sunny? *HUH?!?!?*

Yongguk your long hair and looked down. "You are a normal person. I brought you into a world full of evil, full of supernatural people. I don’t want you to be involved in handling such a dangerous person like Sunny. You should be living a happy life as a scientist and I barged into your life without warning. I just.." 

You wrapped your slim arms around Yongguk's depressed figure and patted his back rhythmically, to soothe and calm him down. Yongguk looked like he was on the brink of tears and you couldn’t just not forgive him. It wasn’t his fault he was born an alien. It wasn’t his fault he lost all his memories. It wasn’t his fault Sunmi/Sunny was about to kill her. 

You could hear mild sobbing emitting and your shoulder was getting moist. For a big guy like Yongguk to cry... He must have gone through so much, so so much. And yet you couldn’t even understand him, understand his intentions. Yongguk wrapped a strong arm around tour waist and pulled you closer as he cried harder. It was like your heart was being chopped into pieces as more sobs were heard from the man. 

He pulled away and held you by your shoulders. The both of you stared at each other intently. You looked at Yongguk's tear-streaked face and you wiped it away with your thumb. Yongguk grabbed your hand that was close to his cheek and caressed your cheek with his other hand. He then placed a light kiss on your fingers then the back of your hand before leaning in and advanced towards your forehead. 

You just stood there and enjoyed the moment with a dazed look on your face. Yongguk started to move downwards and kissed your nose.. Before stopping right at your luscious lips. "I'll protect you, no matter what it takes. I promise." He whispered huskily before finally capturing your lips. You were still shocked over Yongguk's sudden skin ship and didn’t respond until he nibbled your lower lip to gain your attention.

At that very moment, it was like time stopped for you and him. You could hear church bells ringing and fireworks blasting in the background, no matter how cliché it sounds. It just shows how much you were in bliss right there and then. The chilly air was nothing as the both of you shared your body heat. It doesn’t matter that the both of you are still at the roadside.

*What is home? Raein is home. I'll go anywhere with her. I won’t let Sunny take her away from me.* Yongguk thought as the both of you continued your make out session.