Chapter 14.

3 Days To Fall In Love

You snuggled into Yongguk's warm embrace as he caressed your tear-stained face with his thumb. "Yongguk-ah.. It hurts. I don’t like him anymore.. But it hurts."

He your hair and mumbled, "First loves are unforgettable. It always hurts if it doesn’t work out.."

"I forgive Daehyun, really." 

Yongguk sat up and stared at you with a curious gaze. "But he hurt you.." 

"He did. The part where he hurt me was that he left without a word. Not when I saw pictures of him kissing another girl." Seeing Yongguk's confused look, you continued to explain. "I know Daehyun will never betray me. That’s the least I could do, to trust him. Plus, I found out that Daehyun wasn’t at fault. I just.. Didnt expect him to leave without saying goodbye. My world basically crumbled when I couldn’t see him the next day, and the next and the next.." Another tear slid down your rosy cheeks.

"It’s okay, I’m here now. I won’t hurt you. Trust me." Yongguk tried to calm you down. You nodded and fell into a slumber after rounds of crying. Yongguk heard a beep and positioned you on the bed so that you'll be comfortable.

He slowly crept into the bathroom and once again, met Professor Bang on his watch. "Time’s up, Yongguk. I've already gave you one extra week to clear things up." 

"But Sunny is here! She'll hurt Raein!" Yongguk protested.

"Yongguk-ah, some things are meant to be. If she has to die, she has to die. If fate doesn’t allow her to die, she won’t." 

"But i want to be the one to protect her. It can’t be anyone else!"

"And why not? You'll never be together. You will live forever but she will only live till what? 70? 80? Plus you have to mate with your own species, not some human. Don’t give her false hope. You'll be here for her forever, but she will never be here for you when she dies. You're coming back tonight, Yongguk. It’s final. A spaceship will be at the rooftop of Raein's house at 3am. Prepare."

Before Yongguk could even protest, the hologram disappeared and Yongguk was staring at a normal looking watch once again. He let out a frustrated sigh and thought of how he was going to break the news to Raein. She will not be able to handle another guy that she loved, leaving her life.

Yongguk was determined to make the last few hours memorable for the both of them. He went to the kitchen and told the maids to take the day off, except Hyosung. Oh boy, he was going to regret this. *For Raein, I will endure Hyosung!!!!* He thought.

"Yongguk-ssi-" Hyosung started.

"Call me Yongguk. And what is Raein's favourite food?" 

"Medium rare steak and a glass of classic red wine." Hyosung replied. Yongguk found it weird. The Raein he knew doesnt go for such fancy food.

"Are you sure?" He asked again to confirm.

"No, that is your treat to me for asking me to teach you how to cook twice." Hyosung replied with a straight face. 

"Aish Hyosung. I have NO TIME for jokes!! Quick." Yongguk meant it. Time was running out. He had to repay Hyosung but maybe next time. If there was even a next time.

"Her favourite food is a soup made by her parents when she was young. It was a normal kimchi stew but so far, no one was able to create the exact same taste as that." Hyosung said. "Many chefs tried it out but.. They failed."

"I'll try it out. Can you help- Nevermind, I'll do it myself." Yongguk dismissed Hyosung. *I don’t need a distraction.* He laughed to himself. 

The thing is, without Hyosung, he didnt know how to make kimchi stew. "Um, kimchi stew. Kimchi and stew. So I just add kimchi to stew!" Yongguk cheered at his "brilliant" inference and got to work. 

He remembered how some aliens back in his planet researched on kimchi stew too.

Yongguk sliced the kimchi as evenly as he could and placed it aside. He boiled a pot of water and placed some spare ribs inside. After the spare ribs are done, he slowly added kimchi and watched as the colour of the stew turned a bright red. He sliced some fried bean curd and fishcake before adding them into the stew too.

He used the ladle to try out the taste and it seemed a little bland. He added a teaspoon of soy sauce. It tasted just right. Yongguk smiled at his work before turning the fire off and went to check on you. 

It all seemed like a dejavú, like the time you got sick. But this time, he's leaving.. The clock beeped, indicating that it’s already 9pm. *6 hours left.* Yongguk said as he brushed strands of your face. "This will be the last time. Me taking care of you and cooking for you." You stirred and woke up when Yongguk placed a kiss on your forehead.

"Oh Yongguk-ah." You acknowledged his presence while rubbing your swollen eyes. 

"Don’t rub your eyes." He reached out and took your hand. "Let’s go eat dinner. Tonight is kimchi stew! I made it myself!" Yongguk said cheekily while leading you to the dining table.

While Yongguk was setting up the table, your brain hurt for a second. Kimchi stew. Your parents used to prepare that for you. Until they decided to abandon you.. You shook your head to prevent yourself from thinking about those memories. "Here. I think it’s not bad for a first timer like me!" He boasted with a grin.

You smiled softly but didnt say anything. Somehow, the thought of your parents made you speechless. You drank the kimchi stew and as the familiar taste seeped into your taste buds, you froze, literally. "Is it awful?" Yongguk said sheepishly as he saw your reaction.

Wthout a word, you ran to the kitchen and searched high and low. "Umma! Appa! Where are you?!" You shouted hysterically. "Umma! Come out! Appa.. Where are you.. Dont play anymore.." Yongguk hugged you from behind. 

"Raein-ah! What happened?" 

"That.. That kimchi stew.. Was made by my parents.. Where are they! I know they are here.. I KNOW." You freed yourself from Yongguk's arms but he held you back.

"I made that kimchi stew! Not your parents. Wake up! There’s only me here!" Yongguk shouted and immediately regretted when he saw your crestfallen expression.

You slowly walked to Yongguk and hugged him. Tightly. Like you never want him to leave. "Yongguk-ah, you are the only one that’s here for me now. Don’t leave me.. PLEASE." Your voice cracked.

He just shut his eyes and held her tighter. How could he tell her that he was leaving tonight? And might never come back. She needed him. Yongguk wished that Professor Bang didnt bring him back to life. Then maybe.. He would be peaceful in another world.

His desire took over him as he crashed his lips on your soft lips. He could taste the kimchi stew as his tongue explored your mouth. You melted from his experienced tongue but he held your waist firmly.

The lip locking never stopped until the both of you made your way to his bedroom. Your lips felt empty when he pulled away. Yongguk slowly took off his white shirt and you awed at his perfect body which you've always wanted to see. 

"Do you want to do this? We could stop if you want." He furrowed his eyebrows and waited for your answer.

"I love you, Bang Yongguk." You smiled as you kissed him again, slowly taking off your clothes in the process. 

The both of you made love till you fell asleep. Yongguk was still awake. He looked at your sleeping figure and cried like he lost a part of his body. Yes, he was, he was going to lose his heart.

Yongguk looked at his watch: 2.55am. He leaned in for one last kiss as he knew.. He could never taste those lips again. "I love you, Kwon Raein. Wait for me. I'll be back." He put on his clothes swiftly and left the house, for good