Chapter 12.

3 Days To Fall In Love

Flashback Part 2:

He was still in his own world when his best friend nudged him to stop daydreaming. "Yah, what’s this? Isn’t that the girl that every guy wants? Why did she talk to you?" 

"Is our Jongup jealous?" He teased. "I got first in our level for Math. Given her competitive spirit, she will definitely look for the person who surpassed her. Plus, I’ve got my eye on her for some time and now it’s the perfect opportunity."

Jongup glanced a curious look at the older male. "Are you going to do what you did to other girls?" As his best friend, Jongup didn’t like this side of him. But what he wants, he will get, that is what Jongup is worried about.

"No.. I have a feeling, this girl is different." He replied while swiping his thumb over his bottom lip. *She really is different. She won’t throw herself at me just cause I’m so called handsome. Not like the girls in my class. Eww I hate make up. Raein doesn’t put make up...*

Jongup just nodded and returned to his seat. *Daehyun hyung, I just hope you won’t hurt Raein. She don’t seem like she's strong enough to handle it.* Jongup thought before he continued to admire his own biceps which he calls "cheetos".

Daehyun looked out of the window again, happy with the day's events. But it wasn’t long. He may be the most handsome dude and is close to being called a kingka but when it comes to the feud between the first and last class, it was no laughing matter.

The first and last class were not supposed to hang out together. It’s not a school rule but a rule among their level. That is why Daehyun wasn’t the kingka, it’s because he was in the worse class. The first class had also made it clear that people of their status and academic capability didn’t want anything to do with delinquents and "dumb" people. If anyone were to break this rule, they will be punished by their own respective classes.

Your class had no idea that you went to look for Daehyun and you didn’t even know about that rule since you never bothered about anything other than your own studies. Daehyun's class was busy doing their own stuff to notice, except for one. Jinho.

Jinho was the third most handsome guy in their class, behind Jongup and Daehyun. Jongup didnt have any interest in girls while Daehyun only accepts girls of a certain quality. Therefore all the girls only approach him when they are rejected by the two. What is he? A recycling bin? He wasn’t happy with this and he wanted to be the top. This will be a good chance for Daehyun to get ostracised and become unpopular.

A devilish smirk formed on his face as an evil plan formulated in his brain. *Jung Daehyun, you are going down.*

--------------------

Friday came and you rushed to the library right after school. Seeing that Daehyun wasn’t here yet, you slumped your shoulders in slight disappointment and looked for an empty table to start on your work first. 

"Tangent over cosine? Or do I use sine in this question?" You mumbled to yourself as you tapped the pencil against your head, still deep in thought. 

"Just use pythagoras theorem. It’s a right angled triangle isn’t it?" A voice rang behind of you and you jumped on your seat. You whirled around to see Daehyun smiling with his arms crossed over his chest. He saw how you looked that day, with a French braid and huge nerdy glasses that was already about to slip off your button nose. 

You looked at Daehyun then turned your attention back to the question. "Ohyeah!" You said to yourself as you punched in numbers on the calculator and got the answer. Daehyun laughed softly and took the seat beside you.

"So.. I see you need help in trigonometry?" He asked. You nodded your head furiously and your glasses slipped down further. Daehyun pushed up your glasses and ruffled your bangs. "Okay, which part?" He said as he flipped through pages of the textbook.

You blinked in surprise at Daehyun's actions. Blush crept up your cheeks as this was the first time a guy actually did those things to you. "Raein, which part?" Daehyun said, his attention still on the book.

You snapped out of your dazed state and mumbled, "Acute and obtuse triangles. Um, how do I find the angles?" 

Daehyun had sharp hearing so it was no problem understanding what you had just said. He found a page full of similar questions and pushed the book to you. "Do all." 

Your eyes almost bulged out of its sockets. "ALL?!" You shrieked.

Daehyun nodded his head firmly. "ALL. Complete it before you go home. Anyway, it’s a Friday. We can stay till 9." 

You pouted and let out a defeated sigh. Grumbling, you took the book and started on the questions. Daehyun couldn’t stop staring at how cute you looked up close. This feeling is different from all the times he stared at you from afar. 

While you focused on your work, Daehyun subconsciously reached out and fixed your bangs which he messed up just now. You had no reaction and just continued to mumble numbers. Daehyun scratched his forehead and tried to get your attention.

He coughed a few times. No reaction. He stood up and pretended to walk away. No reaction. He started to flail his arms about and did a Hawaii dance. No reaction. He shook his and made faces at you. Still no reaction. But everyone else in the library were snickering at his foolish actions. Daehyun quickly sat down in embarrassment and buried his face in his arms. "Aish, this is embarrassing. AISH."

You turned to Daehyun and shook him. "What happened? Why are they giggling?" Daehyun gave you a "WTF" face and face palmed himself.

"NOW YOU REACT." He then started to hit his head against the desk repeatedly, while chanting, "My image is gone. Gone. Gone. Gone.." You grimaced at his weird actions but shrugged your shoulders and continued with your work. 

The sky darkened rapidly and soon it was 7. There was only the librarian, Daehyun and you left. You quickly scribbled down the last answer and clapped your hands to congratulate yourself. "Yes I finally completed it!!!" You were about to tell Daehyun but he had his head against the table and he wasn’t moving. 

"Yah!! Wake up.. Um what’s his name? Aish. Yah!! Are you dead!! Which idiot hits his own head against the table? Don’t die!!" You shook his wildly. Suddenly, a big hand grabbed your hand on his arm. Daehyun turned his head to face you.

"I was asleep, you idiot." You heaved a sigh of relief patted your chest.

Daehyun rolled his eyes but smiled at how innocent and naive you are. "Oh I’m done with the questions!" You showed your work to Daehyun. He looked at it briefly and put it aside. "Looks good. Let’s go home." 

"WHAT? I did that for hours and you didnt even check!!!" You fumed. 

"There are answers at the back. Check it yourself. Now let’s go." He grabbed your papers and arranged it neatly before putting it in your bag. He threw in your stationery and zipped up your bag. Throwing both his and your bags over his shoulder, he grabbed your hand with his free hand and left the library.

You didnt even have time to react at the speed he took to pack your bag. Looking at your interlaced fingers, you bit your lip shyly but pulled your hand back. "I can walk myself." You said and grabbed your bag from his other hand. "I can carry my bag myself too."

Daehyun's grip on the bag was still strong and he held your hand again. "I like to do this for you. Don’t reject me." He said with his eyes still looking front. The way his big hands enveloped your puny hands and how he shone brightly under the moonlight made you forget your struggle. It felt right. 

Daehyun started to smile when he noticed you stopped struggling. You were blushing so hard, you didnt dare to lift your head to look front. "Where do you live?" 

"The block right in front there. I live really near to school so thanks for sending me home. Kind of." You mumbled. 

Daehyun stopped in his tracks and lifted your chin so you were looking at him. You were so lost in Daehyun's eyes; it seemed to command you to look at that pair of eyes forever. You noticed his face getting closer and closer to you. The surroundings were so quiet, you were afraid that he could hear the loud beating of your heart. You gulped and shut your eyes tightly. 

Daehyun chuckled and gave you your bag back. You realised that he was just teasing you and you threatened to punch him. He winked and placed a quick peck on your cheek before running in the opposite direction. "See you around school!!"

You touched your cheek and your stomach made flip flops. Your fan girl state seemed to activate as you made your way home. "See you around school.. AH! I FORGOT TO ASK FOR HIS NAME AGAIN! AISH!"