Chapter 11.

3 Days To Fall In Love

It’s been one week ever since you and Yongguk saw Sunny. You had been living in constant fear and Yongguk never allowed you to roam the streets alone without him. You were envious of others who were able to go anywhere they want and live a normal life without all these supernatural people in their life. But you had no regrets, because you have Yongguk.

The both of you were cuddling on his bed, talking about things to get to know each other more. Yongguk had told you everything from when he was born but you realised that you didn’t tell him anything either so you were at fault too.

"Raein-ah, have you dated before? I know I dated Sunmi before but i have no recollection of it whatsoever." You stared blankly into space when you heard Yongguk's question. It struck you as past memories flooded your peaceful mind and formed a tornado. Your mind was messed up at the thought of your... ex-boyfriend. But Yongguk deserved to know. 

"It’s a long story.." You fibbed. But Yongguk wasn’t buying it. They weren’t planning to step out of the house any moment soon so there were no excuses for you to not say anything.

"We have plenty of time." Yongguk replied. You bit your bottom lip and inhaled a deep breath before whispering a "Fine."

--------------------

Flashback: 

You were the top student in TS High School. Even though you didn’t put in much effort, you still managed to top the school. Science was your best subject and your math was still weaker but better than everyone. Until one day after the final term exams, the day where the results of the Math exam were released, news spread the campus that someone actually beat you and he got a full 100 marks for it. 

Upon seeing that someone broke your first-place-in-school streak, you went around and demanded everyone to tell you who was that smarty pants. You wanted to see how good this math genius was. It was impossible for him to beat you.

A girl led you to a classroom located at the end of the corridor and left. Classes were arranged in terms of academic capability and of course, you were placed in the first class, which was the first classroom along the corridor. The last class was basically filled with delinquents that didn’t want to study or kids who the teachers had gave up on.

You peered into the rowdy classroom and you saw paper airplanes being thrown around, guys reading o magazines and making a ruckus. Girls were busy doing their manicure or fixing their hair. Either way, they still didn’t look pretty. While scrutinising the class, a paper airplane stopped right before your eyes and you gaped in shock.

A soft yet charming voice broke your chain of thoughts. "Who are you? What are you doing here?" He was holding onto the airplane and it blocked your vision to his face. As he put it down, you took notice of his blonde short hair and sharp features. Your mouth was slightly agape but you regained your senses before you embarrass yourself.

You straightened your uniform and looked him in the eye. His eyes were actually warm and friendly even though he tried to portray a cold poker face. "I'm Raein. And.. I'm looking for the guy that got full marks for Math?" You said confidently.

The guy didn’t move an inch and leaned in to look at you. He knew who you were; I mean who in this campus wouldn’t know the genius who tops the school for every exam. In fact, he admired you a lot. Seeing you up close, his heart skipped a beat at your alluring yet innocent face. "That’s me." He said before returning to his original position, still not smiling one bit.

Seeing his face up close did not affect you at all or maybe a little. He was much more handsome up close as you actually analysed his skin. It seemed like it was in a much better condition than your own skin. He had a small cute acne on his forehead and his blonde bangs barely covered it. 

"Well..." You were speechless. Suddenly, your mind went blank and you started to mutter nonsense. "Um.. I.. Yeah.. Maths.. Um.. Maybe.."

He had an amused look on his face and cut you off, "Did you want to say, how did I do so well in Math?" You blinked at him and nodded your head meekly.

"Practise. Just keep practising and you'll get it eventually. It’s an easy subject to score." He shrugged his shoulders like getting full marks for math was an easy feat. You almost rolled your eyes at his useless explanation. You practised everyday but still...

"Canyoubemymathtutor?" You shot and covered your mouth, embarrassed. A top class girl asking a guy from the lousiest class to tutor her math, oh the irony. He heard what you said even though your question came out a bit muffled. "Sure. I work on my math every Friday. Meet me at the library after school." He walked back to his seat with his hands in his pocket and gave you one last glance before looking out of the window. 

You wanted to thank him but some of his classmates were giving you peculiar stares. You bowed meekly and went back to your classroom. When you left, he looked at where you were standing earlier and smiled to himself. It worked. You started talking to him. Doing Math every single day was nothing if it actually got you to talk to him. His heart was basically bursting with joy. Your melodious voice was still fresh in his mind. He was going to see you every Friday and maybe more from now on. Yes he was.