Chapter 16.

3 Days To Fall In Love

"Here we go." You muttered to yourself as you made your way through the entrance. Some drunken girls were jumping around, blocking the entrance. After much effort to squeeze through those , you saw a man who around your age performing on the stage. He had chestnut brown hair and was wearing a pair of tinted sunglasses. You nodded your head to the beat as he sang an upbeat song. You took no notice of him any further and made your way to the bar counter.

Your eyes were busy searching for a familiar face when someone blocked your way. "Busy looking for a hot guy?" His voice was dripping with seduction. You rounded your eyes in disgust and took a step back. His chiseled facial features came into view as he gave you a greasy smile.

"Uh, no.. I'm looking for a friend." You fibbed, hoping he'll make himself scarce. Where is Youngjae?!

"Well, seems like you're having a hard time looking for your friend so why not spend some time with me first?" He suggested as he placed an arm over your shoulder. You shivered at the contact as you felt his firm grip on you.

"How about a no? And back off! I'm in no mood to entertain you. Go find some other girls." You hissed as you finally pushed him away. 

He reached out and grabbed your wrist. "I dont take no for an answer." He growled silently. You were hoping Yongguk would save you then you realised.. That was the reason why you're here. He's not here to protect you anymore. You're all alone now. A fragile, defenseless woman. You lowered your head in defeat since there was nothing to hold you back from doing anything anymore. Seeing that you had given up struggling, he chuckled softly and pulled you to the bar counter.

You were shocked by his actions but nevertheless plopped down on your seat. "Where's that smarty pants! It’s already 8pm!" He grumbled as he looked at his brown leather watch. Just then, the person that you've been waiting for was fixing his apron and walking to the bar counter. You perked up and shouted excitedly, "Youngjae oppa!" The guy beside you furrowed his eyebrows, "O..ppa?"

Youngjae looked up and saw you. "Hey Raein!!" He ran over excitedly until the guy beside you cleared his throat. Youngjae was about to glare at him when he realised who it was. "Ah.. Hah.. Uh.. Hi boss!" 

"Boss?!" You gasped.

"Yah, Youngjae hyung, stop with the formalities. Dont you usually call me, 'Yah Moon Jongup!' Psh, pretending to be respectful in front of a pretty girl." Jongup sneered. The name Jongup rang in your head as you tried to remember where you have heard this name before.

"Whatever. I'm working for you but I’m still older so I can 'yah' you~" Youngjae sang proudly. Jongup pouted and looked at the performance instead.

Youngjae talked to you as he prepared drinks for you and Jongup. "Why are you with Jongup?" 

"I was looking for you; he approached me and tried to hit on me. I was so scared for a moment.. I thought he was going to me!!" You cried out in exasperation.

Youngkae blinked a few times before laughing. "Jongup always does that to scare pretty ladies. It’s like his weird or something but trust me, he's a nice boy. And he seems slick with the girls but he has never dated before."

"Really?!" You couldn’t believe this handsome dude beside you had never dated before. Given his looks and that he's the owner of the club; he should be able to get any girl he wants. Or maybe .

"Yup! Our Jongupup here is a really devoted boy. He doesn’t fall for anyone easily or rather, he hasn’t had much exposure to girls until he opened this club."

"Yah yah! What are you guys talking about? Badmouthing me?!" Jongup placed a hand over his chest and pretended to sob.

You snickered and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Youngjae oppa was saying that you've never dated before~"

Jongup face palmed himself in embarrassment. "Youngjae hyung!! Why did you tell her that! I'm going to fire you!"

"Cause it’s funny, duh. And your hyung on stage won’t allow you to fire me cause he loves me more than you~" Youngjae teased as he placed 2 tequila shots in front of you and Jongup.

You giggled at the two guys who look like high school students having a senseless argument. You drank your shot.

"No, Daehyun hyung loves me more!" With that, you spit out your tequila almost immediately.

"Daehyun?!"

"Yes his name is Daehyun! Why? Interested?" Jongup teased.

You ignored his question and continued, "Daehyun as in Jung Daehyun? The boy that used to have blonde hair, Daehyun? The one who scored full marks for maths in high school, Daehyun? Jung freaking Daehyun?!" Your voice escalated as you finished your sentence.

Jongup and Youngjae stared at you and winced, wondering why were you so agitated. "Yes, I'm the Jung freaking Daehyun. May I help you?" A voice spoke behind you. You bit your lip as you felt your heart rate increasing. It was just like years ago, when he would make your heart flutter with his soft and melodious voice.

Gathering all your courage, you trembled as you turned to look at him - the Jung freaking Daehyun. The man who still looked so gorgeous even after all these years, the man who could make your heart skip a beat, the man who could make your day just by appearing in front of you, Jung Daehyun.

His eyes widened in recognition as he muttered softly, "Ra-Raein.." Tears filled your eyes as memories started flooding your mind, how he left you without a word, how you got through your first heartbreak alone. Youngjae was completely clueless on what happened between you and Daehyun, however, Jongup knew and was just surprised that it was such a coincidence for him to "hit on" Raein.

"Listen, I can explain.." Daehyun's voice cracked. How much he wanted to wipe away your tears, how much he wanted to cradle you in his arms, how much he wanted to hear you call him 'oppa' again. He missed you so much and after all these years, his love for you was still as strong as ever.

You put up a hand as if to tell him to stop talking. You took a deep breath and glared at Daehyun coldly. Daehyun felt a sharp pang in his heart. He knew he had hurt you badly, he knew he had no right to ask you to listen to his explanation since he was the one who left without a word. Feeling the tense atmosphere, Youngjae tried to make it less awkward by laughing, "So.. Who wants some martinis?"

You looked at Youngjae and he flinched under your cold gaze. It was the first time he had seen you like this and he wondered what could have happened between you and Daehyun. "Raein, just listen to me, will you?" Daehyun pleaded. Your heart softened at his voice and you saw him furrowing his eyebrows.

*Like the same old Daehyun, always furrowing his eyebrows.* You thought. You placed a finger on his forehead and his tense eyebrows immediately relaxed, making Daehyun's expression peaceful again. "Shoot, five minutes is all you got."

Daehyun lit up and hugged you in glee. You were taken aback but kept your cool and looked at Jongup's watch, "4 minutes.." He started panicking and hit his forehead repeatedly, thinking about how he is going to tell you everything. While Daehyun was busy mumbling to himself and having a panic attack, Jongup made you turn to him and he explained to you instead.

After Jongup explained the whole story, you felt sorry for Daehyun and Jongup and not to mention angry at that bastard for breaking the both of you up. You sighed. Things will never go back to the way it was. Daehyun didnt move on, but you did. You have Yongguk now.. Or maybe not. You turned around to see Daehyun still panicking in his own world.

"Yah!" You tried to get his attention. Still panicking.

"YAH!" Still panicking.

"JUNG DAEHYUN!" Still panicking.

"OPPAAAAA!" You finally screamed.

Daehyun looked up and blinked a few times before his face broke into a wide grin. "Did you call me oppa? You did right? You called me oppa again? You forgive me? Call me oppa again! I wanna hear! I missed it so much, it’s been years! Kwon Raein I LOVE YOU!" He proclaimed. You hid your face in embarrassment while Youngjae and Jongup chuckled at how Daehyun was acting.

You hit Daehyun's chest playfully and he held his chest, pretending to be hurt. "It hurts! Massage me~" Daehyun teased. You just smiled. Things were going back to normal; it was just like old times with Daehyun. Now you have Youngjae and Jongup as your friends too. Now you're just waiting for Yongguk to come back. Other than that, nothing else could go wrong. Right?