Chapter 02.

3 Days To Fall In Love

The warm sun shone through Yongguk's room. His eyes fluttered open and an unfamiliar smell greeted him. He scrunched up his nose and followed the smell, leading him to the kitchen. You were there eating your bacon and eggs, not noticing his presence.

Yongguk thought of his mission immediately and smirked. *Kwon Raein. You may be nice to me yesterday, but I'm sorry I have to make you fall in love with me or I might disappear forever.* He walked to the dining table and looked at you innocently. You looked up from your plate, your mouth full. *Cute.. Wait what?!* Yongguk gulped and ruffled your hair.

"Good morning princess!" He sat down opposite you and poked his food. *Did he call me princess...?* You smiled at him meekly.

"Good morning blondie! Yah! Don’t play with your food. I made sure they cook many many servings for you so you'll get used to this." You chided.

"Aww, caring for me princess?" He teased, earning a smack in his head from you. *Yes, I do car- HUH?!*

"Shut up and eat! I'm just taking care of you because you're my guest. I'll g-go to my room fi-first." You felt blush creeping up your cheeks and left for your room. *WHAT IS HAPPENING???*

"Wait! Raein-ah, let’s go out later! Around... 12pm? Go get ready; I'll wait for you in the living room!" Yongguk shouted from the kitchen.

"O-Okay!" 

You leaned against the bedroom door, holding your chest, in an attempt to stop your heart from beating so quickly. You furrowed your eyebrows and thought of his face. His smooth skin, soft blonde hair, his gummy smile... You didn’t want to admit but he was really one of a kind. He looks tough but he has a soft side to him and you were glad he only shows his soft side to you, so far. 

Just then, your eyes lit up. *I'm... going for a date. I'm going for a DATE. I'M GOING FOR A ING DATE. Finally, after so long... Wait, it might not be a date; we are just friends, right? But still... AHHHHHHH!* You threw your hands up in the air and ran in circles around your room. You couldn’t contain your excitement. *What should I wear? A sundress? A skirt? Or shorts? Or or just a hoodie? T-shirt or blouse? What shoes should I wear!!! Heels? How about sneakers? Or flats? But but sneakers! I HAVE NO ING IDEA.*

You rummaged your closet, digging for clothes and throwing it out when you didn’t like it. After about half an hour, you decided on a white sundress with floral patterns and baby blue flats. You applied light makeup and curled your hair. You looked at the clock, 11am. You were early. You decided to just laze around in your room till 12pm. You mentally chanted, *Bang Yongguk, I don’t like you. I'm using you. I don’t like you. I'm using you for my research. I DONT LIKE YOU.*

------------------------------

Yongguk chuckled. Step 1: Getting closer to target, success! He saw how you were blushing in front of him and he knew you couldn’t wait for the "date" later. *Don’t get so excited missy. You're just gonna get your heart broken when I leave.* Yongguk wolfed down the rest of his breakfast. 

"Himchan-ssi!" Yongguk called.

"Yes? What can I do for you, Yongguk-ssi?" Himchan appeared beside Yongguk.

"I'm going out with Raein later but I don’t have much clothes. Do you have any?" 

"Sure, no problem Yongguk-ssi. You can go take a shower first. I'll place the clothes outside the bathroom." 

"Alright, thank you!" Himchan bowed and left to take Yongguk's clothes. Yongguk patted his stomach in satisfaction and went to prepare himself, hoping he'll look presentable in front of you later. *... Why do I care about what she thinks of me? Complete the mission, Jepp. The mission comes first. Any other feelings aside. THE MISSION FIRST.*

Yongguk stepped out of his bathroom with a towel around his waist. He walked over to his bed and put on the clothes Himchan has prepared for him. Yongguk checked himself out in the mirror. Himchan has prepared a plaid shirt and dark blue jeans with sneakers. Yongguk smirked and nodded his head in approval. He checked the time, 11.30am.  He was early. Yongguk racked his brains and thought of where he should bring you around today. *Raein, I'm sorry. I have to.*

------------------------------

Soon, it was 12. You walked down the stairs and saw Yongguk sitting on the couch in the living room, flipping through a magazine. Your eyes flickered to his outfit and your eyes widened. *He... looked GOOD.* The plaid shirt was a little small for him, as Himchan had a smaller build. The sleeves stuck on to his arms, showing off his toned muscles. The black wife beater within was low cut, and his strong chest was visible. You wanted to take off his plaid shirt right there and then. His blonde hair was styled to be messy. Your eyes were fixated on him while your heart was doing crazy flip-flops the whole time.

Yongguk closed the magazine and shuddered. *Ugh, women magazines.* He looked around the living room and saw you. The corner of his lips turned into a curve as he felt his heart skip a beat. The sundress was of a suitable length and it stopped right above your knees. He swore he wanted to touch your soft milky white skin so badly but he restrained himself. The makeup on your face was just right and it fitted you perfectly. Your long wavy hair flowed down your head. You looked like an angel and at that moment, Yongguk felt inferior and sorry. *She's so beautiful, and I look like a commoner. She's so beautiful; she doesn’t deserve to get her heart broken by me. It doesn’t... But I have to complete my mission...*

The both of you stared at each other, getting lost in each other's eyes. Yongguk slowly walked towards you, his eyes on you the whole time. You took in deep and long breaths to try and calm yourself down. He was really perfect. The moment was ruined by someone’s awkward cough. Yongguk stopped in his tracks and turned to look at the intruder.

"Um, sorry to disturb, but Raein-ssi, this is your cardigan. It might get chilly later in the night." Hyosung passed you your purple cardigan before leaving the living room. 

You looked at Yongguk and your eyes met. You instantly turned away, blushing. *Ahhh, this is so awkward. Is it because I don’t look nice?* Yongguk closed in the gap between you and held out his hand. "Let’s go, Raein-ah." You put your hands in his. The way he said "Raein-ah" made your senses tingle. The contact between the both of you sent pleasurable shivers down your spine. *And I liked it.* 

"Let's go."

Yongguk's hands were starting to get clammy from his nervousness. He really wanted to leave you good memories from this date. When you put your hands in his, he felt like you were his missing puzzle piece and here you are, completing him. *Raein-ah, is it that fast to fall in love? I don’t love you right, Raein-ah? I don’t, right?*

Yongguk and you left the mansion and headed for what they call a normal bonding between... friends?