Chapter 05.

3 Days To Fall In Love

You went to your room and slumped against the cold wooden door. You thought about how Yongguk said you were the only girl in his life. You scoffed and laughed sarcastically. *Only girl. You're such a great liar Yongguk.* You couldn’t stop crying. You were sure your feelings for him were more than just a friend if it actually affected you this much. Who was that girl and why did she kiss Yongguk? WHY? You screamed silently and clutched your head tightly. Soon, you gave up and just buried your head in your knees and continued sobbing.

On the other hand, Yongguk needed an answer. There were way too many doubts. Himchan greeted him when he entered the mission and Yongguk dismissed him. He walked into his room and locked the door. He took out a watch underneath his pillow and put it on. After pressing a side button, a large interface appeared. 

"Ah, Jepp. How's the mission coming along?" Professor Bang was working on his report on Yongguk.

"It’s quite okay..." Yongguk mumbled.

"So you-" Professor Bang was cut off by Yongguk.

"Who is Bang Sunmi?"

Professor Bang stopped writing and stared at Yongguk. He pushed his glasses up and asked cautiously, "Why? Do you remember her?" 

"Remember. Means I knew her?" There was silence. Yongguk scoffed in disbelief. He did not want to have anything to do with that Bang Sunmi. Sunmi had a beautiful S-line but her looks were... horrible. It looked like someone splashed acid on her face or even disfigured it.

Professor Bang broke the silence, "How much did she tell you?"

"Something about she's an alien and my past lover?" Yongguk replied. Professor Bang simply nodded his head. He did not expect Sunmi to appear. How did Sunmi even know Yongguk was recreated? Everything was a blur. *I guess it's time to let Yongguk know the truth.*

Professor Bang cleared his throat. "Jepp, I guess I have to tell you the truth huh. Firstly, yes, Sunmi is an alien. I created her the same time I created you. Or rather, the previous you. You know why is your nickname Jepp? Because Jepp is the name of the old you. The both of you were close since you were created at the same time. When you were older, the both of you became a couple."

Yongguk was listening intently. "A decade ago, there was war. Our country and EXO planet. Our country had only 6 warriors and EXO planet had 12. We were on the losing end but we won in the end though. However, Jepp died, leaving a broken hearted Sunmi behind. She was devastated and left our planet without saying anything, without anyone knowing. I didn’t expect her to come back..." Professor Bang trailed off.

"Why is she so strong??" Yongguk thought about how he was not able to push Sunmi away and his nostrils flared again. "Well, she was created for more than a decade ago. As an alien grows older, the stronger he or she is and the uglier he or she becomes. Believe it or not, Sunmi was the prettiest girl around a decade ago." Professor chuckled at the memories and tears were forming. "I really miss her. Jepp and her were like my children."

Yongguk softened. He understood where Professor Bang was coming from but he couldn’t tolerate Sunmi's actions. He is Yongguk, not Jepp anymore. "Sunmi brought your body to me that day... Her beautiful face as stained with tears... She begged me to save you, to revive you but it was impossible. A scar started forming on her left cheek and she exited my laboratory, without turning back. She was gone ever since." Professor Bang started bawling. The memories were coming back to haunt him. The day his "son" died on the battlefield, the day his "daughter" left him. He felt alone.

"10 years later, which was recently. I finally found a way to save you. I had to delete your memories and change some of your destroyed cells. It was hard, but I did it. And I named you, Yongguk." Professor Bang stared at Yongguk lovingly, like how a father would look at his son. Yongguk teared and his lower lip trembled. "Don’t. Professor Ba- I mean, Bang appa, don’t cry."

Professor Bang blowed his nose into a tissue and sniffed. "You are really my treasure, Jepp. No matter Yongguk or Jepp, I'll still love you...” He shut down the interface. *Yongguk, I’m sorry you have to go through all these... Good luck for your mission...*

Yongguk was stunned at the sudden cut off from the interface. He sat on the bed and buried his face in his hands. He let out a soft groan and cussed while punching his nearby pillow. He wasn’t sure about his feelings for you yet but it was definitely more than a friend. And Sunmi.. He didn’t love her at all.

He shot up and stormed out of the mansion, determined to find Sunmi. He walked along the busy streets, yelling out Sunmi's name. "SUNMI! BANG SUNMI! APPEAR IN FRONT OF ME! SUNMI!!!!!" He huffed and looked around. No sign of an ugly alien. He gritted his teeth and became more determined. Yongguk ran along the streets of Myeongdong and suddenly stopped in front of an accessories shop. He looked into the shop and scanned for a familiar face. Sunmi was there, looking at the bracelets. Everyone around her shunned her because of her looks. 

Yongguk stepped into the shop and approached her. "Ah, yes I want this brace-" Sunmi stopped when she realised it was Yongguk. She beamed cheekily at Yongguk, "Jepp, don’t you remember buying bracelets for me? Look at this!" She pointed to a star and moon bracelet, "Remember your cheesy pickup lines? Something like you are the moon and I am the star, because the moon will never escape from the stars. You bought me a similar one while saying that, you cute cheese ball." Sunmi held up the bracelet and admired it with a big smile plastered on her face.

Yongguk breathed out heavily in annoyance. He wanted to clear things up, not go all lovey dovey with this hag. "Look Sunmi, I-"

Sunmi scrunched up her nose, "What happened to baby?!" She placed her hand on his shoulder. Yongguk shrugged it off and glared at her.

"I'm Yongguk, not Jepp. I have been recreated. I have a new life now. I don’t care what you and Jepp had. I only care what me and Raein have now. Just get out of my life. Or go back to our planet. Stop staying on Earth. Go back, Professor Bang misses you."

Sunmi's eyes flickered when Professor Bang was mentioned. She missed him a lot too. She missed going for a walk with Professor Bang. She missed reminding Professor Bang to eat. She missed visiting Professor Bang with Jepp, and they would play chess and Jepp would lose. She missed everything but she can’t go back.

Sunmi grabbed Yongguk's hand and dragged him out of the shop, into a pitch dark alley. She pushed him against the wall and placed her hands beside Yongguk, trapping him. Yongguk started panicking. *. I don’t wanna be in this situation again.*

"Alright, here goes. I have already left that planet, I'm not going back. I've.. found somewhere new to stay." Sunmi looked away before looking into Yongguk's eyes again. "And I don’t care if you're Yongguk. You were Jepp, you ARE Jepp. You'll remember everything. You are MINE. Bang Jepp, Bang Yongguk, WHO CARES." She whispered with a growl after every word. "YOU. ARE. MINE." 

With that, she crashed her wrinkled lips onto Yongguk's, while trying to insert her tongue at every opportunity she has. Yongguk hated this. He hates how weak he was now, and he thought he was strong. There was no way Sunmi will ever let him go without having her share of fun. Yongguk pursed his lips tightly, not giving her the satisfaction.

Sunmi pulled away and stared at Yongguk with her yellow, menacing eyes. Yongguk was taken aback. Never in his life as an alien has he come across such eyes. As Yongguk was staring at her with shock, Sunmi smirked and inserted her tongue. She roamed her hands around his body as he blinked his tears away. He felt violated and he could feel anything but love from her. *Is this how you express your love? *

Not far away, a soft gasp was heard. Sunmi and Yongguk heard it even though it was as soft as a squeak. Footsteps were heard and Yongguk ran after the person, leaving Sunmi behind. He ran out of the alley but could find no one. He bit his lip in frustration and decided to just head home while constantly wiping his lips with the back of his hand.

What he didn’t know was you had followed him all the way from home. Behind the trashcan, you walked out with tears streaming down your face. *Not again, Yongguk. It’s the second time I see you kissing her. Do you really love her? What am I then... WHAT AM I?*