Chapter 22.

3 Days To Fall In Love

Junhong straightened out his dark blue plaid shirt and white jeans. He had already dyed his hair blonde, with blue highlights in front and had it spiked. After checking himself out in the mirror to make sure he looked presentable, he slipped on his converse shoes and headed out.

The reason why Junhong was all dressed up today, was that he was going to tell you everything that has happened from high school till now. Except.. The part that he has a crush on you, of course. This way, he would be able to protect you, in a more.. Official manner.

The thought of being so close to you made his nerves jittery the entire day. He had took the time to plan what will happen and even stopped by a florist to buy a sunflower, which was your favourite flower but only a few knew. Junhong knew because, well, he's a "stalker".

Junhong knew where you were going today. As usual, to visit Daehyun and hang around in the club or lab. He never understood why you had no female friends given your lovely personality, or maybe he's just biased like that. He had planned to bump into you on the way to the hospital and will tell you that he was visiting Daehyun.

While he was thinking of how to make the conversation less awkward, he bumped into someone and it just has to be you. His palms turned clammy and he began to speak incoherently. "S-sorry.. Its m-my fault! I didnt s-see where I was going.. Are you hurt anyw-where?" He stuttered.

You gave him a warm smile, "It’s alright! I wasn’t hurt, you don’t have to be so guilty." You giggled and took in Junhong's facial features. *He looked really familiar, like I've seen him a few times before.*

Before you know it, you blurted, "Sorry but, I can help to notice that you look really familiar. Have we met before?"

He blushed and nodded truthfully. "Yes, actually. We went to the same high school. And remember there was once you kicked a can at the park and hit someone? That was me." *Spying on you.* He admitted.

"When you were drunk at Babyz, you bumped into someone. That was me." *Making sure you're coping well with what Yongguk did to you.*

"And lastly, you received a box right? With a crystal bear inside and a card, or something. I was the delivery boy, delivering Daehyun hyung's present!" *And I almost peed my pants, knowing that I was the one that had to send my love rival's sweet present to the woman I love.*

You blinked once, then twice. "WHAT?! We met so many times? But I remembered that dude had pink hair! And that present was by Daehyun?" You argued in disbelief.

"I recently dyed it, Raein-ah. Yes, that present was by Daehyun hyung." He chuckled and noticed how your name rolled off his tongue so naturally.

"And and.. Daehyun? How did you know Daehyun??" 

"Same high school, remember? You and Daehyun were the hot topic." He said calmly. *Good job Junhong, just continue to keep your cool, ignore how perfect she looks. IGNORE.*

Your cheeks tinted pink at his reply. *Yeah, we sure were the hot topic.* "Ok.. I think I get where this is going. So.. Where are you headed now?" You tried to change the topic.

Junhong could sense your discomfort and knew he had struck a chord. He cleared his throat before continuing, "I'm actually going to the same place as you." 

Your surprised face was clearly obvious to even someone standing streets away. "You're going to visit someone? Your family or friend is sick?"

Junhong shook his head. "I have no family. They've all passed away. I have no friends either, never even had one."

You softened and felt guilty. "Sorry to hear.. I shouldn’t have mentioned that.. Well, I have no real friends before so maybe I can be your new best friend!"

His cheerful grin was still plastered on his face. "No worries, I'm not upset at all. And I would be honoured to be friends with the most eligible bachelorette in South Korea."

He continued, "Also, we are visiting the same person."

You gaped at him. "What-How.. Huh? You're that close to Daehyun?"

"You can say so. Since it’s MY blood that is flowing in his body." He smirked.

"You.. You are the one that donated blood to Daehyun.." 

"Yes, my new friend. It’s me. I'm scheduled to transfer my kidney to him soon too." Junhong laughed.

Tears started to form. You had so many things to tell this guy in front of you. You were feeling so much for this guy too. Gratitude, sympathy, you name it. Maybe it’s your lucky day that you met Junhong. The guy who saved Daehyun and your new best friend.

"Now, now, don’t have to be grateful to me." He joked but nevertheless, took out his handkerchief from his pocket and passed it to you.

You looked up and took the handkerchief to wipe your tears. "Wow, I never thought people these days would still carry a handkerchief around." You mocked.

"Hey hey, I'm older than you. Don’t be rude!" Junhong pretended to be angry but smiled soon after. "How long are we gonna horse around? Daehyun's waiting!"

You perked up. Grabbing Junhong's hand, you ran towards the direction of the hospital. "What are we waiting for then? Let’s go-"

"Junhonggggg!" He managed after barely avoiding confrontation with a worker carrying boxes of goods.

"Let’s go Junhong oppa!" You giggled.

Junhong simply smiled in bliss and hoped this moment will never end.