Chapter 33. (FINAL)

3 Days To Fall In Love

It was already 2PM in the afternoon. You woke up with a gnawing feeling at the pit of your stomach. *Nothing bad is going to happen today right?* You tried to comfort yourself. Pushing the bad thoughts aside, you headed to the toilet to wash up. Your toothbrush was laid beside the sink, with a glass of mouthwash. You smiled at the thoughtful gesture, before you prepared yourself. After bathing, you noticed something.

A note was stuck onto the towel and it read: Wear the clothes on your bed after you finish bathing. Look pretty (even though you already are).

*Maybe the bad feeling in the morning was wrong.* You thought to yourself as you left the humid washroom with a towel wrapped around your body. Your bed was now made and a floral tube dress was laying on the bed. It was light pink and you shuddered. You never really liked pink, you thought it was too girlish. Then another thought struck your mind, *Are all female aliens like this?* 

Nevertheless, you slipped into the light pink dress and went to apply your makeup. You decided on a more natural and fresh look as you applied a thin layer only to cover some blemishes. You extended the end of a pale pink gloss and glided it over your lips, puckering them slightly as if to suggest a kiss. You pulled your fringe to the side, securing it with a white floral hair clip to match your look. Perfect.

You skipped out of your room and saw that the handle down to the lower level was decorated with a red velvet cloth. There was a candy of different type on each stair. You gasped at how elaborate it looked; it was like you were a queen meeting your guests. You placed your hands on the cloth and allowed your hand to slide over it as you made your way down, struggling to hold the sweet treats with your free hand. A ribbon was tied at the end of cloth, indicating the arrival of the lower level. Candies on the floor led you to the dining table, where a handbag was prepared on it, with a paper bag beside to hold the treats. 

You noticed that you did not touch your phone so far and everything you needed was in the handbag. After placing the paper bag in your handbag, you turned around to see Himchan suited up, extending his bent arm to you like a gentleman. A cheeky grin was plastered on his face as he escorted you to the door without a word. "Go to the park. You'll see what you should do there." He winked.

Himchan headed to the kitchen and did not even respond when you called for him. "YAH KIM HIM CHAN! TELL ME WHATS GOING ON OR I'LL FIRE YOU!" 

"Like you will!" He called from the kitchen. He knew you too well. You huffed and put on your black suede pumps. When you reached the park, there was a little boy who ran over to you with a sketchbook. "Noona! Listen to what I have to say alright?" He beamed at you and you couldn’t help but to smile at his innocence.

He flipped over the plain looking cover and read out the words on the first page.

Kwon Raein, Kwon Raein. Oh I love how your name rolls off my tongue. 

He flipped to the second page.

I wouldnt even be here if it wasnt for you. You brought light to my life. You always make me feel better, happier just by looking at you.

Third page.

You'll never know how much you mean to me, not in this life, not in the next. Cause I want you, I need you more than you can ever imagine.

Fourth page.

And therefore, today I decided to take a mature decision and listen to my heart...

You were waiting for the little boy to continue but the next flip was the plain looking cover again. You frowned at the suspense. "Noona, did you hear everything clearly? Oh and after this, walk awhile more and you'll see a picnic mat on the floor." He flashed a toothy grin. You nodded and ruffled his soft hair.

"Oh!" You rummaged your hand bag for the familiar brown bag and took out a lollipop. "Here you go, thanks for this!" You smiled softly. The little boy made a peace sign before running off. Excitement filled you as you thought of the events today. It has been quite some time since you smiled from the moment you woke up. Following the little boy's words, you walked a little more along the pavement and indeed there was a picnic mat on it, with a man sitting there, his back facing you.

You recognised the chestnut brown hair and crept behind him, hoping to give him a good scare. When you're within a metre away, he spoke, "Try harder, Raein-ah."

You crossed your arms and stuck out your tongue. "Bleh."

He smiled softly and started to take out light snacks from a brown basket. "I know you haven’t had breakfast yet, so eat a little." He said as he grabbed a ham sandwich and bit on it.

You nodded happily as you took the egg sandwich instead and munched on it. "Did you plan all of this?" You asked while chewing.

"Yah, a woman does not talk with a mouth full! And no, I didn’t plan any of this."

"Dont 'yah' me Jung Daehyun, I'm still a young girl!" You protested.

"I thought being 22 means you're qualified to be an ahjumma?" Daehyun joked, only to earn a punch on the arm from you. He cringed at the pain.

"If I'm an ahjumma, you're.. You're.. A grandfather! No wait.. You're an antique.. NO! You're a dinosaur!!" 

"ME?! A dinosaur?! You're the one who's a dinosaur! How can a girl hit so hard??" Daehyun whimpered.

"WIMP." You taunted and drank your orange juice, feeling satisfied. Daehyun put his hands on his chest, pretending to feel offended.

"I'm only letting you off because today is your special day.." Daehyun muttered but you caught it.

"What special day?" You battered your eyelashes.

"Ew, stop acting cute and eat your sandwiches, DINOSAUR." You gaped and punched Daehyun's arm again. He shut up immediately. You put your nose in the air, feeling victorious. After moments of joking and fooling around, Daehyun looked at his watch and gasped, "Raein, time for your next pit stop!!" You furrowed your eyebrows, confused. "Don’t have to walk far. The next stop is just up ahead. You'll know where when you see it." You stood up hesitantly and gave Daehyun a quick hug before going your way.

*As long as you are happy, Raein. As long as you are happy.* Daehyun thought.

You kicked a small pebble on the road and you heard an audible "OW". You looked up and saw Junhong rubbing his head while standing beside his bicycle. You widened your eyes as you ran over to him and apologised. "I didn’t know you were there i swear, I'm so so sorry!"

"It’s fine, it’s fine. Hop on quick! Daehyun hyung big time!" Junhong muttered the last sentence. You hopped on behind him and encircled your arms around his waist to prevent yourself from falling. Junhong felt his body tense at the close contact but he ignored it. Now wasn’t the time. Today was his friend's big day for god's sake.

"Where are we going, Junhong oppa?" 

"You'll see." You could feel him smirking even if he wasn’t facing you. 

You pouted, "You are all so sneaky. I don’t even know what’s going on!"

"Patience, Raein ah! Damn my best friend is so cute when she pouts, I would squish your cheeks if I could set this bicycle on auto-pilot bicycle mode or something!"

"How do you know I'm pouting?!" 

"From here, it feels like you're kissing my back." Junhong stated bluntly. You pulled back and noticed a faint pink lipstick stain on his white shirt. You bit your lip, wondering how you're going to tell him that.

"Well.... I think I was. My lipstick stain is on your shirt.. I'M SORRY!" What you didn’t know was Junhong would probably frame the shirt up instead of blaming you for it.

He halted and turned to look at you. "It’s fine. I can just wash it. Now get off and walk to the ONLY bright tree you see." 

"Thanks Junhong oppa!"You pinched his cheeks and walked to the really obvious bright tree with small lightings strewn over the entire tree.

Junhong looked down at his shirt and took a whiff of it. "Damn, score bro! I'm never going to wash this shirt." He clucked his tongue and left the premises.

Eight men were standing in one straight line, all having the same dress code. A light pink shirt with jeans. "Hello?" You called out. This was their cue to turn around. The fronts of their shirts were covered with a white squared paper. Jongup tore his first and the rest tore theirs' one by one like a domino. When everyone removed the paper, you felt tears sting your eyes.

It read: 

"Kwon"

"RaeIn"

","

"Will"

"You"

"Marry"

"Me"

"?"

The one wearing the "Me" shirt stepped out and walked towards you, who was too shocked to react. He went down on one knee, and pulled out a small navy blue suede box. He opened the box, revealing its contents. You brought a hand up to your mouth, to cover your surprise.

"Like I said, I listened to my heart. My heart told me to 'go for it' and so I did. Kwon Raein, you've already gave me a lifetime of bliss and happiness by agreeing to be with me. And now, I want to be able to give you the same, I want you to feel loved, to feel wanted, to feel protected. I can’t promise to be the best husband, but I promise to never let a single tear fall because of me. Unless its tears of joy of course. So, Kwon Raein, will you marry me?" Yongguk confessed each word with sincerity, his eyes never leaving yours. When you didn’t reply, his heart started to lose confidence. Was he not sincere enough? The other guys silently prayed that you would accept it quickly.

"I think it should be Bang Raein, no?" 

"I'm pretty sure I'm not that dumb to say my girlfriend's surname wron-" That’s when realisation hit everyone. "That’s a yes right?" Yongguk asked to confirm.

You nodded and he lifted you up to spin you around. You giggled giddily as you heard faint cheering and faint panting from the male holding you. "Am I that heavy?" You pouted. Yongguk latched his lips onto yours, hoping to erase that insecurity of yours. "You're not heavy, I'm just weak." He chuckled. 

You hit his chest lightly and kissed his lips again. Time stood still as both of your lips moved together sweetly. His soft, warm lips tasted like mint. You could feel him smiling which made you smile too. You pulled away, your forehead leaning against his. He smiled genuinely making his already beautiful brown eyes, even more beautiful. He whispered a word to me so softly, it was almost like it’s a dirty secret that only you both shared, "Mine."

"Yours." You whispered back as you could still feel your whole body bursting with happiness.

"So... Is it time for our fifteen kids?"

"There is definitely time for fifteen kicks."

"... Fine."


And that’s the end of 3DTFIL! I sincerely thank all of my readers and to readers who comment, I swear your comments never fail to make my day. Even though sometimes I feel motivated to write, school just ruins the mood. I have been a bad author, not updating this fic regularly, but thank you to all who didn’t leave this story. I do hope my ending didn’t disappoint, cause if it does.... Well, at least it has a happy ending! Thank you once again darlings <3

Possibility of a sequel…. 75%