Punishment

Blossoming love

Sungmin's POV 

Sungmin knelt in front of Ryeowook's grave with his fingers on the cold marbles, knowing that Wookie was so close to him, lying just beneath the soil, and yet he's as unreachable as the moon that shone sadly above. The mad storm of grief Sungmin felt on the day of his death has long shivelled up and what was left was only the dryness of his swollen eyes and the vast emptiness that has settled deep within his heart. He promised Wookie to live on even though he attempted to break it immediately after the younger man's body has gone cold in his arms. If it wasn't for Kyuhyun who caught his arm before the blade could reach his throat, Sungmin would have escaped from this bleak world but Kyuhyun was right... He didn't have the right to die alongside with Wookie. He deserved to be punished by living out the many years ahead of him living in a world without Ryeowook. Laying his cheeks on the cold, lifeless marble that etched his lover's name forever in stone, Sungmin closed his eyes in defeat.

The world was plagued in darkness as the moon hid her sad, hideous face behind the rolling dark clouds. But as I opened my eyes sleepily, the shadows moved and the smell of freshly dug soil filled my nose. I could not differentiate the scene before me between dream and reality, I was non existent. I had no body; all I could do was feel the rapid beating of my heart against my chest as my mind instinctively screamed danger. The extraordinary scene unfold in front of my eyes as the brief moments of moonlight shone through pockets of the clouds and I saw one man digging through Ryeowook's grave so rapidly that I could only see the pile of soil piling up besides him. Then, I heard the sound of the lid opening, the rustling of clothes that followed and the black man stood up with something in his arms. I was unmoving, not a single word or movement from me, and yet it was as if the man sensed my presence and turned the front of his body towards me. Even without the physical attachment I had to my body, I felt a urgent sense of trepidation as my entire universe narrowed down to the red ringed eyes that glowed eeriely in the dark. I wanted desperately to escape from his piercing glance but I couldn't: there was nothing to move, I was non substantial. Then, it was as if the moon wanted to reveal the hidden secrets as she peeked out from the clouds, shining directly onto the man standing in front of me and my breath caught. Ryeowook laid limply in his arms; his skin as pale and pearly white as the alabastro marble that supposedly laid beneath my cheek. My heart screamed out for him in anguish and grief and once again, it was as if the black man could hear my thoughts, for his lips widened into what seemed like a smirk that exposed the glistening fangs (?!) and I trembled in fear. Without a word, he gave me one last knowing look, turned and disappeared into the night with the love of my life sleeping deadly in his arms. 

 Sungmin jerked awake; his mind in a turmoil as his eyes took in the deserted cemetery and he shivered against the chilling morning wind. He turned his glance rapidly towards Ryeowook's grave in hurry but not a single bit of soil was out of place and the coffin remained hidden deep within the soil and yet, Sungmin could not shake off the realistical dream that lingered in his mind. Shaking his head as he concluded what he saw was just a dream, his fingers tightened their grip of something cool within his right palm. As he slowly released his fingers one by one to reveal the content, his heart tightened against the sight of the wedding ring that he has given Ryeowook long ago that has supposedly went into the grave with Ryeowook. Unanswered questions and possibility burned endlessly in his mind as his inner voice screamed hope and anticipation while his bones chilled and a dull buzzing began in his ears. Sungmin did not know how long he knelt there but the world started to lose focus as his legs grew numb and darkness descended once more. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

No one could stop him from leaving; he was adament. It was as if he was just a living corpse, one only has to look into his eyes to be lost in the deep abyss of despair and the unknown. No one could understand or believe the words of madness that he muttered. Leeteuk shook his head in defeat as he repeated his instructions to Sungmin for the last time. "No matter where you go, write to us, Min. I will send the neccessary money and items for your journey no matter where you are. Do you hear me?". The younger man turned his ghostlike eyes onto Leeteuk and smiled, "I will find him, hyung. I will." Then, he was gone.