A declaration.

Blossoming love

"Of... Of course he will!" Ryeowook sputtered before repeating in a more confident way. Hana smirked and taunted, "And why would he do that?". Agitated by his sister, Wookie nearly fell into the trap that she set, "It's because he's my lo.... best friend!". Hana shook her head, "Orabeoni, you don't have to lie, I know that Sungmin Orabeooni is your lover." Wookie gasped, his face turning even more pale and he suddenly felt lightheaded. Unaware of her brother's raging internal feelings, Hana continued, "I know the one he loves is you, but I'm going to snatch him away from you because I love him more. I'll do everything and anything to make him mine, and I mean what I say, Orabeoni. " With that, she left the room, leaving a speechless Wookie in the room, whose legs immediately gave out after Hana left. Weakly, he sank to the floor, unable to believe that the sister that he has lovingly doted over the past nineteen years, would be the one to come in between of him and Minnie. All of a sudden, despair and anxiety seized him as he began to imagine all kind of stuff again. What if Minnie choose Hana over him, thinking that she's more attractive with her feminine figure and most importantly, she's a female while Wookie is just a weak and sickly male... Tears sprang into his eyes as the whirlpool of irrelevant thoughts dragged him further into the abyss of uncertainty and despair. The thunder boomed loudly outside, and Wookie's heart began racing. He couldn't! He couldn't lose Sungmin! He thought to himself, "I love Minnie so much; I'll kill myself then to lose him to Hana. He's mine and no one can take him away from me!" He ran out of his room and into his father's study where he knew Minister Kim would be. Minister Kim looked up from his documents and was surprised to see his son. "Ryeowook?" he asked, a silent question within it. "Father." Wookie bowed, "I'm sorry for disturbing at such a late hour. However, I sincerely plead you to cancel Hana's engagement with Sungmin hyung." Minister Kim arched his eyebrows at Wookie's request and asked, "Why do you request so?". With his heart racing, Wookie was at a loss for words, "He.... he loves someone else. Hana won't be happy marrying him. Besides, didn't Sungmin hyung declare that he reject the engagement? Please, Father, I beg you, cancel the engagement and make life easier for Sungmin hyung. " Shaking his head, Minister Kim confessed to his son, "Hana came to find me awhile ago, saying that she knows why Sungmin rejected the engagement earlier. She knows who Sungmin loves but she was certain that Sungmin's love with that person wouldn't be able to blossom. She said she would wait patiently and try her best to make Sungmin fall in love with her." Tears sprang into his eyes as Wookie listened to what his sister told his father. Denying it with fervent shakes of his head, Wookie snapped, "No! Minnie won't change his love! He will never marry Hana! " With that,  wanting to ensure that Minnie felt the same, in his anxiety, Wookie ran out into the heavy rain without an umbrella. The raindrops mingled with his tears as he ran out of the Kim mansion, leaving his father standing speechless in his study and all the way to the Lee Mansion.

 

Sungmin sat with his room door open, thinking deeply as the heavy rain continued falling outside. How and what could he do to prevent this marriage? And what is Wookie thinking right now? Did he misunderstand? Is he crying now? All these questions repeatedly flashed within his mind and his chest tightened in pain. Minnie was still lost inn his thoughts when he heard a soft knock, snapping his head up, he searched for the origin of the sound. Having the sense to open up an umbrella, he made his way to the backdoor that was situated near his room, the sound of knocking grew loudly. Wondering why did someone make a visit at such a late time in a storm, Sungmin opened the door slowly and his eyes widened in shock. "Wookie?" Minnie exclaimed, "What... Why are you here?". Ryeowook was drenched from head to toe and he was shivering uncontrollably when Minnie finally opened the door. Without a single word of reply, Wookie stepped into the Lee Mansion and threw himself into Minnie's arms, sobbing uncontrollably. Tightening one of his arms around Wookie, Sungmin asked in concern, "What happened, Wookie?" When Ryeowook didn't answer him and continued crying, Minnie was frightened  and scared that something major had happened to the crying Wookie and quickly took him into his room first where it was warm. Sitting the younger man down near the fire, Minnie moved to get a towel for Wookie. However, Ryeowook reached up and pulled Sungmin down, pressing his cold body tightly onto Minnie's. "Don't..." Wookie sobbed and hugged Sungmin tightly, "Don't leave me..." Wrapping his arms around the younger man's trembling body, Sungmin roughly guessed the reason to Wookie's strange behaviour, "Are you worried that I'll marry Hana?". Wookie didn't answer to that question, instead, he tightened his hold on Sungmin even more, hugging his lover almost to the point of pain. Sungmin placed his hand on Wookie's arms that were choking his throat slightly and said consolingly, " You know that the one I love is you. You didn't have to worry that I'll marry Hana. " Shaking his head, Ryeowook finally responded, "Hana.... She said she'll do everything to make you mine and Father supports her. She said she was certain that our love wouldn't be able to blossom and she's right. Our love would be never be accepted in this society, one day... you realized that and leave me for Hana..." Saying that broke Sungmin's heart as tears choked Wookie at the last part and he began crying again. "Ryeowook..." Sungmin choked out his lover's name as tears threatened to flow, "I love you so much that I'll die if you were to leave me. So now, in order for you to believe in our love, I'll give my heart to you for safekeeping, please, guard it well and not let anyone take them away...". Ryeowook's amber hues met Minnie's and suddenly, the room crackled with something unknown. Slowly, their lips met and it was at that moment when their love blossomed.