Accident

Blossoming love

Lee Teuk's POV

 
Leeteuk has spent the week at his secret haven, wanting to spend some time alone. He sat brooding in his room, watching sulkily at the heavy storm outside. Midnight has already passed an hour ago and yet he was still awake. He hated the rainy season and couldn't fall asleep easily to the pitter-patter noise of the heavy droplets. It was at time like this when he missed Kyuhyun the most however, Kyu has travelled to his family residence in the countryside with his mother. Suddenly, there was a bright flash of lightening and Leeteuk jumped when a loud clap of thunder quickly followed. As the thunder slowly rumbled to silence, Leeteuk realized that there had been a commotion in the mansion while nature has made its call. When his butler called out his name from outside of the door, he stood up quickly, feeling a sudden sense of foreboding. Sliding the door open, he was shocked to see his butler, Yoon was not alone.
 
Sungmin's limp and lifeless body was lying over the older man's body. Together with the two menservants, they were drenched from head to toe and mud caked their clothes. One of the servants were holding a cloth, dyed crimson, against the back of Sungmin's head and ensuring that he doesn't fall off the butler's back. "What happened?! Come in first, Yoon. Have a physician been sent for?" At the nod of one of the menservants, he quickly ushered his butler to gently place Sungmin down onto his bed. Looking at the manservant whose hands were free, Leeteuk said, "Go and get a bucket of warm water." As the man scurried off to get what his master ordered, Teuk told Yoon and the other to hold Sungmin in a sitting position and continue pressing onto the open wound at the back of his dongsaeng's head. He then ran to his wardrobe and grabbed a new set of clean clothes and several towels. "Here, hold onto his wound with this towel." Leeteuk handed the towel over to the servant and looked at his butler. "Yoon, let's change him out of his wet clothes first. I don't want him to catch a cold while suffering from that head injury. God, how in the world did this happen?" Leeteuk exclaimed. While they were changing Sungmin out of his wet clothes and cleaning his face and body from mud and blood with great difficulties, his butler told him how they found the young Lee master. While they were on their way back from their errands in the heavy storm, they came upon his body at the base of a steep slope. From the position that they found him, they guessed accurately that he fell, rolled down the slope and hit his head on the huge boulder lying downhill. However, they were clueless regarding why he was even in the forest in the first place, alone and without a horse. After getting a rough idea of what happened to Sungmin, Leeteuk made his servants leave the injured younger man to him and told them to go and change out of their wet clothes. Sungmin laid unconscious in Leeteuk's arms; his head placed gently in the crook of his neck and one of Leeteuk's hand cupped the back of his head, applying pressure to the open wound.
 
After what seems like an extremely long wait, the physician finally arrived and was quickly ushered into the room. Leeteuk waited in tense anxiety while the physician examined Sungmin and tended to his injury. When he was finally done, he turned to Leeteuk and assured the man, "Although there was quite an amount of blood loss, the wound has began to close. He's going to be fine. However, since this is a wound on his head, I can't say much about the aftermath until he awakes. I'll open a prescription of herbs and medicine for him to take. For now, he'll have to rest well. Lastly, please ensure that the pillow he'll be lying on is soft enough that he won't feel the pain when his head gets in contact with it.". With that, the physician left the room and prepare the needed medicine. Heaving a small sigh of relief, Leeteuk the bandaged around Sungmin's head. "Just what had happened during this past week when I'm not around? Why is there such a strong and familiar sense of foreboding stirring within me when I see you, Sungmin?" 
 
 
 
This chapter took me awhile to write. Sorry for the slow update. :)