Regrets

Blossoming love

Leeteuk took a deep breath before gathering his courage and stepped into the front yard. It has been a year since he last returned home. The mansion in the forest may have been the secret haven that he escaped to for a respire from the responsibilities that came from his position but it was incomparable to the childhood house he grew up in. The memories he had in that house was irreplaceable and his heart soared when he stepped into the house. He immediately felt at ease and he strode through the house confidently. The servants all stopped in their tracks and their jaws dropped open when they saw him. Ignoring all of them, Teukie only had an objective in his mind at that moment and that was to find his father. As he went through in his mind the places his father might be at. Just then, the person who could immediately tell him exactly where his father was stopped in his periphery. Turning his attention towards the butler, Teukie smiled reassuringly, "Where is my father?". The butler's eyes widened in shock, clearly taken aback by the sudden resurrection of the young master in the house. However, like what he had been trained for since young, he quickly recovered and bowed, "The Master is in the rose garden, young master." Giving the butler a nod, Teukie made his way to the rose garden that his father frequently visited to sort through his thoughts. His heart began thumping loudly against his chest as his mind sifted through all possibilities of his father's reaction towards his resurrection. As he neared the garden, the sweet scent of roses filled his nose and he caught sight of his father. His back was facing him and Teukie sped up. However, a choked sound froze him in his track. Now that he was much nearer to his father, he could see that his shoulders were shaking. Leeteuk's heart broke when he heard the choked sobs that his father tried to suppress. Tears welled up in his eyes as he slowly and cautiously approached his father. When his father sensed a presence,thinking that it was a servant, he kept his head bowed but spoke with a commanding voice, "I said that no one is to disturb me. Leave me. ". Ignoring his father's words, Teukie stopped in front of him. Angered by such rude behavior from a servant, Minister Lee raised his eyes and stared, thinking of lashing out at the person who dared to disturb him. His eyes widened in shock and disbelief when he saw Leeteuk and the words that he intended to say died on his lips. "Father." Teukie called out gently, kneeling in front of his father who to have aged much within the short span of one year. His father's face was thinner and sharper, his once robust body has thinned and he looked so fragile that Teukie almost could not believe that this was the strong and firm father that he had last seen one year ago. Tears sprang into his father's eyes and his lips were trembling as he reached out a shaking hand to touch Teukie's cheek. "Teuk?" His father whispered his name, as if he was afraid that he would disappear into the wind if he called out his name too loudly. Leeteuk reached up and held his father's rough hand that was against his left cheek. "Yes, father. It's me, Teuk." Tears began pouring down his father's face, "You're alive. Teuk. Teuk. You're alive." Seeing his father's tears, Teukie could no longer control his own emotions as he cried together with his father. "Yes, I'm alive, father. I'm so sorry....". His father cut off his words with a choked "No.", his head shaking. "Nothing matters anymore now that you're back. I thank God and thank you for coming back alive. Thank you, Teuk.". A strangled sob rose within Leeteuk and he hugged his father tightly, regretting his rash actions a year ago. He had only thought about himself. He had not thought about the grief and pain that his loved ones would have to bear with his death. Now that he had a chance to start anew, he vowed to be a better son, a better hyung, a better lover and most importantly, a better person.

 

I'm sorry for the late update. i'm currently having examinations so I have to study. This will be the last update until probably the week after next. So sorry abt it! Please comment through. Thank you! :)