Behold

Blossoming love

Ryeowook's POV

Ryeowook sat alone, thinking quietly at the temple's back garden, the soft petal of a random flower that he has picked up. Kyuhyun has looked at him with some anxiety and concern as he watched Ryeowook reading the letter and he did it with cause. After reading the letter silently, Ryeowook has withdrew deep within himself and requested to be alone. He couldnt face the pitiful looks that Kyuhyun was directing at him. At the thought of the content of letter, his finger tightened as a sudden wave of anger swept in and the poor flower was crushed.

Min was engaged... with Hana and they were going to be getting married in two weeks' time. His heart tightened in pain at the thought of Hana in Sungmin's arms as they... Ryeowook shook that thought away as tears gathered in his eyes and he drew a ragged breath to keep himself from sobbing. How dare Hana try to take Min away... He loved Hana deeply as a sister. Sadly, the love was fading...fast. Min... At the thought of losing him forever, Ryeowook felt as if his entire soul was being ripped into two and he clenched his chest tightly, trying desperately to dull the sharp throbbing pain.

 

He spent several moments trying to calm himself and haven't realized that he was no longer alone until he heard a soft voice drifting into his ear suddenly from the right. "Are you feeling alright?" His head snapped up in shock and took in the looks of the man standing in front of him. His features were masculine with gentle golden brown eyes, sharp angled cheeks and chiseled nose but what really caught Ryeowook's eyes were his skin. They were pearly white and seemed to glisten under the moonlight. He was dressed entirely in black and seemed to meld together with the darkness. Ryeowook should have felt fear towards the sudden, mystery entry of this stranger , instead, he smiled sadly at the man. "I'm alright." One of his eyebrow arched up, and Ryeowook realized that the man in front of him could also be a follow aristocrat. "Oh. You don't look alright though. There's an air of..." the man gestured the empty air around Ryeowook with a flourish, "sorrow around you. Would you like to share with me what is causing you such distress? I may be able to help you." Ryeowook shook his head, "I don't think you'll be able to help me." He smiled gently and Ryeowook's breath caught at his smile. The smile lit up his entire being like a torch. He was exquiste. "I may not be able to help you much but just sharing your problem would make you feel better.". He didn't know whether it was the fact that the man was a stranger or the calming and hypnotizing effect he exerted, Ryeowook poured out his heart and soul to him. At the end of his entire story, Ryeowook was weeping in his arms as he comforted him gently. "Ryeowook, I'm so sorry to hear about what has happened to you." Ryeowook lifted his teared strained face towards Bin, smiled tearfully, "Don't be. Min and I were just born in the wrong era."The man remained silent for a few moments before asking, "What do you think of the afterlife?" Ryeowook frowned at the sudden change of topic and pulled himself out of the stranger's arms as he pondered about the question. "I dont believe in hell or heaven." Ryeowook whispered, "I think that when someone dies, there is nothing. Their existence just fade to nothing..." When Ryeowook raised his face to look at the man, the gentle moonlight seemed to be reflecting through his eyes and Ryeowook's breath caught as his heart began to beat faster due to some unknown reasons. The man was leaning towards him and Ryeowook found himself unable to move or talk. The man smiled sadly at him, "I'm sorry, Ryewook. We'll meet again soon. By then, everything would have changed." Then, darkness descended.

 

The first face that Ryeowook thought he saw was Sungmin when he next opened his eyes and tears began to swim. Then, his senses came rushing back and as he heard Kyuhyun's voice, Min's face faded into Kyu's. Ryeowook didn't know if Kyuhyun saw the disappointment in his eyes but he could see that his friend was extremely worried, "Wookie, let's not go back anymore.". Before Ryeowook could even frown at what he was saying, Kyuhyun rushed on. "Your body is still too weak. What happened to you? It must be the news. I'm so so so sorry for being the one to break that awful news to you. Let's not go back anymore. Leave the issue to Teuk. He'll solve it for you guys. You just stay here and recuperate." As he turned to get a cup of tea, Ryeowook reached out and grabbed his hand. "I want to go back."Ryeowook croaked and if he wasn't feeling so exhausted, The extreme widening of Kyu's eyes at his words would have made him laugh. "But...", his friend started and Ryeowook shook his head. "Please, Kyu. I want to see Sungmin. I... i can't remember what happened to me.", he frowned as nothing surfaced in his mind. "Please, bring me back. I beg you."

 

A few days later, in the Park mansion, Ryeowook's POV

"Wookie!". Ryeowook could hear Kyuhyun screaming his name as he chased him from the back. The tears flowing freely down his cheeks blinded him as he run aimlessly. He just wanted to escape. But where could he go? Just as he was contemplating whether to turn right or left, Kyuhyun caught him. Hugging him tightly from back, Kyuhyun murmured countless of apologies as Ryeowook's legs gave way and both of their knees hit the dirty soil. Turning, Ryewook hit his friend's chest repeatedly, wanting desperately to let losse the increasing pain buried deep in his chest. When Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around him tightly, he clung onto his friend's shoulder and sobbed harder as he cried and cried: tears of anger; tears of sorrow; tears of despair... until his eyes were so dry that it hurts when he tried to keep his eyes open and his throat raw from all the sobbing and screaming. When he finally stopped crying, Kyuhyun picked him up into his arms without a single word and Ryeowook leaned into the crook of his neck, breathe in his clean scent, closed his eyes and slept.