It's time

Blossoming love

No one's POV

"Are they crying over me again?"Ryeowook thought to himself with an inward sigh. His brows furrowed together as a nother wave of pain seized him and he grunted softly in his subconscious state. "Wookie?" Kyuhyun called out softly to his friend who stirred a little but remained unconscious. He watched with a heavy heart as Ryeowook's chest rose and sank with difficulty with each breath and the illness was leaving intense marks on his fragile body. Then, as sudden as it came, the pain seem to subside and the younger man's quickened breathing relaxed and slowed. Tears sprang into his eyes as the thought that Sungmin and Hana's wedding was still going to proceed a few days later. Sungmin hyung... He couldn't... or should it be wouldn't? He refused to attempt to recall who Ryeowook was to him. Sungmin couldn't bear the pain that threatened to rip his mind and heart into two. If he still couldn't remember Ryeowook in a few days... Then their love was not fated to last in this lifetime. Ryeowook was dying. Time was rapidly running out and it was heart wrenching for Kyuhyun to watch his friend slowly wasting away. Though he has always been thin, even when he was at the top of his condition, now he was only half of what he used to be: with his cheeks and eyes sunken with fatigue and pain from the illness and half the time, he was delirious with fever. Kyuhyun didn't even dare to remind him of the pending wedding, for fear that Ryeowook would fall into unconsciousness again and never wake. "Wookie," Kyuhyun patted his paper thin cheeks gently and Ryeowook peeled his eyelids open with difficulty. He was so very tired. "Sit up for a moment to eat some porridge before taking your medicine, alright?" Kyuhyun supported Ryeowook's back and held him up into a sitting position before feeding him a mouth of warm porridge which he swallowed painfully. Kyuhyun continued feeding him a few mouthfuls while chatting randomly about the weather and other random topics to keep his friend slightly entertained. "Kyu, how many more days are there to the wedding?" Ryeowook asked abruptly in a hoarse and broken voice and Kyuhyun was stunned into silence. Kyuhyun glanced away guiltily, debating whether to tell the truth. "Th... Three more days," Kyuhyun stuttered as he shifted his attention back to Ryeowook and it saddened him to see the fleeting pain in Ryeowook's eyes before he closed them and said, "I see," faking nonchalant. "Wookie!" Kyuhyun cried out in alarm when a spasm of coughs suddenly seized Ryeowook and he fell towards the ground, clenching the front of his chest as his chest rose and fell in rapid, desperate gasps for air, his face turning red with exertion as the lines around his eyes tightened in extreme pain. Then, as sudden as it came, the coughs stopped and Wookie slumped onto his arms in exhaustion, tears streaming down his face. Trying his best to hold in his tears, Kyuhyun took hold of Ryeowook's thin arms and pulled him gently into his arms before he reached for the bowl of medicine on the table. Wordlessly, Ryeowook laid his head within the crook of Kyuhyun's neck as his friend carefully fed him the bittersweet medicine. After he was done, Ryeowook continued lying quietly in Kyu's arms with his eyes closed as his chest rose and fell with uneven breaths. Before he slipped into unconsciousness from the effect of the medicine, Ryeowook's soft mumbles had the tears that Kyuhyun tried so hard to keep in spilling down his cheeks. "I want to see him, Kyu... Even if he's never going to remember me and marry my sister, I want to see him..." 

Sungmin's POV

"Sungmin, couldn't you try to recall again?" Leeteuk pleaded desperately just as the younger man, who was kneeling on the ground with his head in his hands, refused. "It hurts. It hurts so much, hyung... My head... and my heart.... they're going to split into two... I can't... I can't!" He exclaimed as he raised his tear stained face and met Leeteuk's pained eyes, "Who is he? Why... Why does he bring me so much pain whenever I try to recall his name? Ryeo... Ah!" Sungmin fell back towards the ground, clenching his head tightly in pain. Falling onto his knees in front of Sungmin, Leeteuk grabbed the younger man and pulled him upright to meet his eyes. "He's your lover, Min! There's no more time left! You're getting married in a few minutes! If you can't remember him before you commit to the marriage vows, you're going to lose him forever! Please, Minnie! Not matter how painful it is, you have to remember!" Sungmin opened his mouth to answer when the door slide open and both of their heads swung towards the door and their eyes widened, as if caught doing something wrong. Minister Lee stepped in, "It's time." 

Sungmin stepped into the heavily scented room with a heavy heart just as Hana stepped up beside him with a few maids supporting her. She looked exceedingly beautiful with the wedding Hanbok but Sungmin could not feel anything except for an outward appreciation. Truthfully speaking, Hana's face was pale with unease and fear as well but Sungmin couldn't not bring himself to say a few words of comfort. The wedding was being held in the Kim mansion, as of tradition but while words of congratulations buzzed around his ears as their relatives gave words of blessing, the wedding couple seemed unable to pick up the happy and celebratory mood as they make their way slowly to the front of the room. As they reached the altar and turned to face each other, their eyes met and it was as if the supposed silence between them was the calm before a pending storm. Unease hung over the air heavily between them and Sungmin felt that he could taste its bitterness if he were to struck out his tongue. Kyuhyun has not arrived and Sungmin frowned as he tried his best to scan the room discreetly for his dongsaeng. Meeting Leeteuk's eyes over Hana's head, Sungmin tried to ask him where was the younger man but Leeteuk signalled him to try to recall again. Abiding, Sungmin closed his eyes in concentration, trying his very best to recall who his relationship with the young, fragile man that he has met a week ago. Once again, he hit darkness and felt the familiar pain rising onto his temples and quickly opened his eyes to shut out the pain. He could not lose his mind here: many eyes were on him. It took awhile for those who came to attend the ceremony to settle down and the door to the room finally closed with a hush settling over the crowd. The wedding bells rang out to signal the start of the ceremony and Sungmin bowed towards his wife-to-be and was stunned shocked when the closed doors suddenly swung open.