Binding you to me

Blossoming love

Almost one week has passed and Sungmin was once again at the Kim mansion. This time, only him and Ryeowook were at the backyard just outside of Wookie's room. Ryeowook leaned his head on Sungmin's shoulder as they enjoyed the solitary that the night provided. "Hyung..." Ryeowook began softly. "Wookie?" Sungmin asked. "Do you remember? That time when I said I'm going to find something to..... bind you?". Sungmin laughed slightly, "Of course I remember, Wookie. Why do you suddenly mention it?". Wookie sat up and turned to face Sungmin. With a smile, he took out a box from his clothes and passed it to Sungmin. "Happy first anniversary, Min." Sungmin looked at Wookie in surprise, "You said you don't remember..." Ryeowook chuckled, "I was lying. Of course I remember, Min. How could I not?". Sungmin smiled and looked at the box that Wookie had given him, "Can I open it now?" At Wookie's eager nod, Sungmin opened the box and was astonished to find what was inside. "Wookie... this... How... how did you?" Ryeowook had given him a black jade ring with plum blossoms carved on it, extremely similar to the one that Minnie that given him. Sungmin was shocked to see it as the one he had goven to Wookie was customized and it was not made in Joseon. Ryeowook took out the ring and smiled, "My mother gave me this black jade ring, saying that it was a heirloom from her father. I carved the plum blossoms onto the ring myself, with reference to the ring that you have given me. Now, both of us have the same ring and I shall bind you to me forever." Taking Sungmin's left hand, Ryeowook wore the ring on Minnie's ring finger, whispering this words as he did it, "You're mine forever. Till death do us part, you'll be mine and I'll be yours till eternity.".Sungmin the ring that now bound him to Wookie and smiled, "I'll never ever leave you for anyone. I promise." Sungmin reached out a hand and tilted Ryeowook's face up before lowering his lips onto his lover's. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rapidly, time passed again and soon, it was Wookie's twenty two birthday. On that day, though it was not as formal as the coming-to-age ceremony that he went through on his twentieth birthday, the Kim Mansion was still very busy with the preparations of a birthday party for their young master. Ryeowook was sitting in his room alone, wanting to have some peace and quiet to himself when someone knocked on the door. "Come in." Ryeowook called out and the door slide open. Sungmin walked in with his hands behind his back and a smile on his face. "Min!" Ryeowook cried out happily and hurriedly got up and ran towards his lover. Just as he was about to hug Sungmin, Minnie stepped back, shaking his head. "Hyung...?" Ryeowook asked uncertainly. "Wookie, close your eyes for awhile and hold out both of your hands, palm up. Oh, and don't open your eyes until I say so." Sungmin requested. Looking confusingly at Sungmin who smiled encouragingly, Ryeowook did as he was told. He jumped slightly when Minnie placed something long, cold and hard onto his palms but he did not open his eyes. He smiled slightly when Sungmin hugged him from the back and shivered when the older man whispered by his ear, "Now, you can open your eyes.". Ryeowook opened his eyes slowly and gasped in surprise at the birthday present that Sungmin had given him. Ryeowook slowly slide the sword out of its sheath and was instantly mesmerised by it's beauty. Sungmin even carved the word 'Minwook' on the metal blade and of course, togther with Wookie's favourite plum blossom. "Min...You're.... giving me a sword?". Ryeowook could feel Sungmin's lips curving upwards into a smile when the older man placed his chin on his shoulder. "It comes with a motive, Wookie." Ryeowook turned his head to look at his lover, ""What motive?". Sungmin stood up and held both of Wookie's palms, together with the sword in his hands. Looking seriously into Ryeowook's eyes, "I want you to learn how to use a sword. You have to perfect the skills and be able to defeat Kyuhyun, at least in swordplay." Ryeowook's eyes widened in both shock and astonishment, and he choked while saying this, "Defeat Kyuhyun?!" Sungmin nodded, "I'll train you, actually Teuk hyung will be the main instructor since his skills surpassed mine and Kyu's. Kyuhyun and I are of an even match, but I'm confident that you'll be better." Ryeowook shook his head violently, "Hyung, it's impossible. I can't..." Sungmin cut Ryeowook's word off by turning him around and kissing him openmouthed. "Min!" Ryeowook protested halfheartedly when Sungmin finally released his lips. "I'll be beside you when you learn, so don't worry. Please, Ryeowook, understand my intentions. You have already reached the age of twenty two years, and since your health have improved, you need to be able to protect yourself. I may be yours forever, but that doesn't mean that I'll always be standing beside you when you're in danger. So, please, in order not to let me worry, learn how to use the sword well?". Ryeowook knew that Sungmin meant well for him to learn how to use a sword, but to be able to defeat Kyuhyun, it would be a difficult thing since the younger man was ruthless and merciless with his attacks. However, Wookie was willing to give it a try so, reluctantly, he agreed, earning a happy smile from Sungmin.