A world of pain

Blossoming love
Ryeowook's POV
 
Ryeowook woke up to a world of pain. It came in waves. The first wave was physical: the throbbing in his wrists, the parched dryness of his throat, the dull ache in his ache. The second wave was mental. He recalled what he did such that he was feeling that intense pain in his wrist and realized that his attempt at suicide has failed. He was surrounded by brilliant white light. Not the peaceful kind. The blinding painful kind that burned his eyes, shining into the darkest recesses of his memory, leaving him nowhere to hide. He heard voices. Low mumbling at the back of his mind and he wondered if he was dreaming. Then, the light faded. 
 
Ryeowook woke up with tears in his eyes. He was ashamed of what he did, not just his one-night stand with Yesung but also the fact that he chose death as the easy way out. He only thought about himself and forgot about his family and most importantly, Min. The pain in his wrist was excruciating but he would bear with it; it was the punishment for his cowardice. Turning his head, Ryeowook saw that he had woken up in the middle of the night(he was unconscious for three days). The lights burned low on oil and glowered in the darkness. His eyes widened in shock when he saw his father's body slumped above the tea table in an uncomfortable position as soft snores could be heard from the sleeping man. Tears brimmed in his eyes as Wookie felt extremely sorry towards his father. He must have made some noise as he stifled his tears such that the older man stirred and sat up, rubbing his eyes groggily at the sound. When he realized that the sound came from Ryeowook who has woken, he rushed towards his son, knocking his knee against the table in the process. "Wookie!", Minister Kim cried out his son's name as tears sprang into his eyes, "Are you feeling alright? Are you in pain? Do you want me to get the physician?" Wookie shook his head as his father babbled numerous of questions that he was not even given the chance to answer. "Father," Ryeowook called out weakly, his voice cracking after having not talked for so long. Upon hearing his son's voice,  Minister Kim immediately quietened down and waited for him to continue. "I'm so sorry..." Minister Kim immediately  shook his head, cutting off his son's words. He reached out a hand and ruffled his son's shoulder length hair. "I'm the one who should apologize, Wookie. I have decided, I won't protest to your relationship with Sungmin anymore. I'll redraw Hana's engagement with him." With his heart aching and tears b in his eyes, Ryeowook choked out his words, " Thank you, father. Can I... Can I ask a favour from you?" Nodding, his father smiled encouraging at him, "What do you want me to do, Wookie?" "Father," Ryeowook hesitated, "Can you send me to the temple for a month?" 
 
When asked the reason why, Ryeowook broke down, sobbing uncontrollably as he choked his reason out. "I've.... I've sinned... Father... for attempting suicide and...trying to die before.... you and mother... I've failed... badly as a son... Please... allow me... to stay on the temple for a month... to pray for my sins...". Lifting Ryeowook gently into a half sitting position, Minister Kim gathered his son's lean and fragile body into his arms and kissed the top of his head with tears streaming down his face. Ryeowook's shoulder length hair framed his face like a curtain as his heart ached with pain and guilt, reflected in the tears that wetted his cheeks. "My son..." Minister Kim sobbed, hisvoice trembling with emotions, "Father... father will do anything for you if it means you'll stay healthy and alive until the day you'll take over my place. I love you, Wookie."