Falling apart

Blossoming love

Sungmin

After Minister Kim left with a sobbing Wookie, Minnie was dragged up from the floor by his father's guard and held captive in front of his father. Sungmin shouted in agitation while struggling to free himself, "Father! How could you..." A stinging pain flashed across his cheek, cutting his words off. "How could I...?! I should be the one asking you this question1 I'm so disappointed in you, Sungmin! How could you shame our family like this?! Saying that you fell in love with your best friend who's a man isn't enough for you? You have to go one step further to prove to me that you're a homoual by having with him?! I... I can't accept this. You will marry Hana in a month and within in this one month, you're forbidden to even step one step out of your room. Take this time to reflect and prepare yourself for your marriage." Sungmin's eyes shot up to meet his father's as he protested, "Father! I told you already! I love Wookie! I'm sorry but I won't marry Hana even if I have to die!" Sungmin doubled over in pain when Minister Lee punched him in the guts all of a sudden. "You will obey me, Min. If not, I won't make Ryeowook's life any easier either. Oh... don't doubt me, I'm sure Minister Kim will agree with my methods to handle him if I were to suggest anything. Perhaps, we could have the both of you go through a double marriage together. This way, both of you will have no choice but to give up on each other." His father hissed. Sungmin glared at his father in silence but he thought only one word in his mind, "Never." Minister Lee glared back as if daunting him to talk back. After awhile, Sungmin broke his stare first, looking away. Minister Lee gestured to his guards, "Take him back to his room and don't let him out unless I command it." The guards bowed as they obeyed and took Sungmin away.

 

Ryeowook

 Wookie couldn't stop his sobs on his way back home. His father ignored his cries and pleads to let him go back to Minnie and just stared ahead, pretending that he was invisible until they reached the Kim mansion. Wookie's mother came running out when she heard Wookie crying and immediately drew Wookie into a loving hug. "Hush hush, wookie, what happened? Did you get hurt somewhere?" Minister Kim got nearer and untangled his son from his wife. "Leave him alone for a while first, my dear. I need to have a talk with him. All of you are forbidden to take one step into the west wing(where Wookie's bedroom and Minister Lee's study room is) until I'm done with the young master here." Ryeowook's mother took a step towards her husband and son, sensing that her husband was going to something to Wookie. She turned her head to see Hana when she felt a tug on her sleeves. "Mother, please leave father and orabeoni alone. Come have a cup of tea with me." Uncertain of what her daughter suggested, Lady Kim turned her attention to where Minister Kim and Ryeowook was. The spot was empty. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as both of them stepped into the study, Ryeowook began his attempt to explain while crying uncontrollably. "Father, I love Sungmin hyung and he loves me too. That's the reason why he rejected the engagement with Hana. I pleaded you to cancel the engagement because our love for each other will never change, no matter what Hana said. I'll plead you again. Please give us your blessings and not agree to Min and Hana's engagement." Minister Kim shook his head and looked at his son sadly, "Minnie, do you have any idea what you're asking me for?! You're asking me to give my blessings to your forbidden love! Minnie! Why can't you see that this love of yours is wrong in all ways?! Please, take it that Father is begging you. Give up on this love before it's too late. I love you a lot, my son. Please don't let me lose you. For your own good as well as Sungmin's, I'll agree to the engagement." Ryeowook's head snapped out at his father's announcement. "No, Father! Please! Don't! Don't agree to the engagement! I'll rather die then to see Min marrying Hana. I rather you kill me then to see that happening, Father! Please! Father! Please cancel the engagement! Father!" Wookie cried and beg.  His father's heart tightened at the sight of his precious son crying so pitifully but Sungmin and Ryeowook's love would never be accepted by their society. They'll forever be outcast by the society and scorned for their entire life. He doesn't want to see that happening to Ryeowook. His decision to allow Hana to marry Sungmin pained him as much as it did to Wookie. He knew that Hana thought if she managed to marry Sungmin, she'll get his love but he was very certain Sungmin and Ryeowook's love for each other were true. He could see it in their eyes when they looked at each other. By agreeing to the engagement, he was not only losing Ryeowook but Hana as well and he hoped fervently that it was not the wrong decision he made to protect his children.