Turning point

Blossoming love

The three of them sat within the room in silence, each immersed in their own private thoughts and reminiscences. Leeteuk was sitting by the window, lost in his thoughts as the moon shone down brightly. Kyuhyun sat in the centre of the room, looking blankly at the wooden floor. Sungmin sat besides Ryeowook and touched the younger man's cheek gently. It was still hot and flushed. It was nearing midnight but no one made a move to get some sleep, only Ryeowook slept on besides them. They had had their dinner earlier on and Minnie attempted to feed the unconscious Ryeowook some porridge and the medicine to subside his fever. Sungmin frequently change the ice bag placed on top of Ryeowook's forehead and immersed a cloth into a tub of cold water to clean his body, hoping that it would cool his body down. The galloping sounds of horses broke the silence and tranquility of the seemingly peaceful night and the three men jumped up in alarm. Leeteuk turned towards Kyuhyun, his eyes wide with anxiety and desperation. "Kyu...", Teukie trailed off but Kyuhyun understood his meaning. "Stay inside this room first, Hyung. I'll go out and see what is happening. Try to get to the other room if someone came here. Sungmin hyung...". Sungmin cut the youngest's words off, "I know what to do, Kyu. Faster go and see what's happening.". Kyuhyun nodded and gave Sungmin a gratefully smile before leaving the room quickly. Sungmin turned towards Leeteuk, "Hyung, are you still going to continue to feign your death? When I asked for your help to come over to save Ryeowook, haven't you already made the decision to return? You could have chose not to come but you did and now, Kyuhyun already know of what had happened, are you going to leave him again?". Leeteuk looked at him with tears-filled eyes, "I don't know, Minnie. It had been a year since my 'death', if I were to return now, what would others say? Besides, when my father know that I still won't give up Kyuhyun, then the things that I prevented with my death one year ago, the things that I have given up would have been pointless, the pain and sorrow that all of us went through, it would have lost its value.". Sungmin took a step towards Leeteuk, wanting to say something more when the doors to the room was flung open. Teukie jumped and gasped in shock when Ryeowook and Sungmin's father strode in with Kyuhyun futilely protesting behind them. They came to a stop when they saw Leeteuk and their eyes widened in shock. "Leeteuk!", Sungmin's father gasped out his name in astonishment. Leeteuk sighed inwardly, there was no escaping already, he bowed at the two ministers. Minister Lee raised a trembling hand and pointed at Teukie, "But...You died one year ago.". This time, Teukie let out a sigh, "So it seems, Minister Lee. However, let's put this matter to one side first, may I know why are you here at the Cho mansion when it's already so late? I would think that the two of you came for Ryeowook, but didn't Kyuhyun told you that Wookie is in good hands and that you can entrust him to us? Also, Kyuhyun just tried to prevent you and Minister Kim from entering this room, didn't he? However, it seemed that the two of you ignore the orders of the owner?". Sungmin stared speechless at his father and Minister Kim when they flushed in embarrassment. Ryeowook's father spoke up, "He's my son. I have the right to make sure with my own eyes that he's safe. He was kidnapped, how can I just feel reassured by only hearing the news?". Teukie raised an eyebrow, looking every inch the second son of the most influential family in Joseon, "Well, since things had already turned out this way, Wookie is there. He's still having a fever and there are various cuts inflicted on him. As long as he is taken care of meticulously, he'll recover. " Minister Kim kneeled besides the sleeping Ryeowook and smoothed back Wookie's fringe from his forehead, tenderly expressing his love for his son. Minister Lee turned towards Leeteuk, "Where is the kidnapper?". Sungmin stiffened and his gaze met Kyuhyun's nonchalant ones. Leeteuk did not even blinked, "He's dead, we have already cleared up the mess, Minister. ". Sungmin's father gave him a skeptical look but said nothing more. Leeteuk knew that the Minister was curious about why he was still alive and was not surprised that he asked after he and Minister Kim had made sure that Ryeowook was alright. They were all in the parlor, Kyuhyun had ordered the servants to prepare cups of tea and some light snacks after it was clear that the Ministers were not leaving. Teukie explained to the two Ministers that he met with an injury after falling down from his horse in the forest and temporarily lost his memories. Kyuhyun found him three months after his 'death' in an distant village, took him back here and slowly helped regained his memory. By then, when he finally regained his memory, his 'death' has passed for a considerable amount of time and he did not think it was appropriate to reappear again and cause unnecessary uprisings in the society. Minister Kim shook his head, disagreeing with Leeteuk. "Your father was greatly affected by your death, Leeteuk. He was so saddened about it that he had left court and when we went to visit him recently, he changed drastically, Leeteuk. He look so thin and fragile, as if he'll break if you touch him and it's affecting his health. So, since you're alive, go back to him. Your coming back may create many rumours and perhaps scandal in our society but it will all pass. Besides, I believe there'll be more people who would be much happier with your return. Your death had been a huge blow to your family, Leeteuk, especially your father. He may not express his feelings openly to you, but he love you very much.". Leeteuk's heart broke at the thought that his father, once so robust and strong, now weakened into a weak and fragile man due to his own selfishness and tears flowed silently down his cheeks. The two ministers said no more and left soon after. Ryeowook's father entrusted Wookie to Sungmin, knowing that it's not good to move Ryeowook about and told him to nurse him back into good health. He'll ask the servants to send their clothes and the necessary items over. "Don't worry, Uncle. I'll take care of him.". Sungmin assured. With that, he sent the two Ministers off and returning to the room where Wookie was sleeping, leaving Kyuhyun and Leeteuk in the next room alone. Minnie knew that it was something that they had to solve together as a couple; he was just a bystander in their relationship. He sighed slightly as he sat down besides Wookie. He Ryeowook's soft hair lightly and said, "Wookie, if I admitted my love for you, would we face the same problems as Teuk hyung and Kyuhyun? Teuk hyung chose to escape, thinking that because he's the second son, it would not affect his family much, but it did. Both of us are the first and only sons in the family, if we got together, what would happen to our families? But, all this might not even come true, would it? Since you certainly would not see me like how I see you. I love you, Wookie, not like a brother but a lover. What about you?" Sungmin asked the unconscious Ryeowook and sighed when all he got was the laboured breathing of the man he loved and the continous silence that filled the night.