Hello and goodbye

Hyung... saranghaeyo!

L.Joe's POV

Soundtrack - "If you come into my heart" by MBLAQ ft. C-Luv

The constant nagging and cussing from his father, did the sky-high confidence of L.Joe's to inch by inch sink. Despite the bad-boy outside of his, whenever his father was around, that image faded. It was because of the never ending respect he felt towards his father. In his eyes, the man had succeeded in life with not only his career, but many other obstacles. He had started his clinic in USA and now were the owner of the most successful man in the entire Busan. He was L.Joe's rolemodel in many ways.

As minutes passed of his father's scolding about his so-so grades, his constant use of the card that belonged to his father, the crappy clothing style and ditching of Hyuna. That man knows everything, he thought and looked down at the ground.

“Jeosonghamnida, abeoji. I did wrong” L.Joe said with sincere remorse in his voice, but didn't leave the gray side-walk with his eyes, afraid that if he did, it would trigger his father to continue.
“I don't understand what I did to raise you up to be like this... but it makes my decision even clearer. I'm sending you off to USA to study at a much more stricter, privileged school”.

L.Joe's eyes widened in both shock and fear at the sudden statement of his father's and he looked up to face the old man with rounded eyeglasses, and wrinkled pale face. He couldn't believe what he had just heard. There was no way that he was leaving South Korea – the less was he going to leave Ricky.

“A-abeoji” L.Joe stuttered and grabbed his father's both hands. “I promise to do better in school. I-I-I'll get tutors, I'll study harder. But please, a-abeoji, don't send me off to another country!”.
The desperate, slightly painful voice of his seemed to have startled his father, as he took one step back and widened his eyes in shock. But it wasn't the voice of his son that made him act – it was the fact that he had talked back to him. But that was not why he had come to see his son, it was another thing that he had heard that he needed to confirm.
“Enough with the excuses” He said with a firm voice, making L.Joe look back down at the ground. He sighed, as it wasn't the first time he had heard those empty promises of his bewildered son.
“Son... I have heard some other very disturbing things... Byunghun-ah” He began and inhaled a deep amount of air to continue on. “Are you dating a... boy?”.

As if the news of L.Joe going to another country wasn't enough, had his father come over the secret love he had for Ricky. He stared with widened eyes at his father and gaped. It couldn't be, he thought. He had chosen places for him and Ricky far away from the hospital where his father worked at – and places that he knew his father had people he knew worked.
But he wasn't going to let his father know about it, he couldn't. If he knew his father right, he would be very disappointed in him and kick him out of his home and never let him return. And he probably would do something nasty to Ricky. And at that moment, he cared more about Ricky than himself.

“M-m-mwo?!” He exclaimed with a high pitched voice. “Boy?! Yah, abeoji, micheoseo?! Do I look gay to you?!”.
L.Joe hoped that the drama classes he attended would pay off now. And by the startled look of his father, it did.
“Keurae... then why is it that you are always seen together with this... Yoo Changhyun- guy?” His father questioned, slightly awkward asking his son questions that even in his head, was ridiculous.
L.Joe faked a heavy sigh and glared at his father. “He is my friend, abeoji. FRIEND. He is new and so I was assigned to help him and show him around. And abeoji... why would I like boys when I have lots of girl friends?”.
His father cleared his throat and waved his hand, motioning for L.Joe not to continue. L.Joe sighed in relief, happy that he had been convincing enough to fool his father.
“Arasso. Let's... forget we ever talked about that nonsense, neh? My son liking boys... nonsense”. It was obvious that the man was feeling guilty for asking L.Joe, which made his heart to twirl inside his chest. He hated not being honest with his father, but he had no choice.

After another minutes, did they leave in peace. His father had made up a stupid joke about something, and laughed at his own stupidity. L.Joe laughed along, pretending like everything was okay – even though it wasn't.
A silver painted car with dark shaded windows drove up to the side-walk to pick L.Joe's father up and drive him back to the hospital. As the man sat himself down in the seat, he rolled down the window and gave L.Joe a serious look.

“I don't want to be disappointed in you, my son. But your grades are worrying me since they hasn't improved the slightest during all this time. After the one week break, Byunghun-ah, you are going to USA.”.
L.Joe felt his heart freeze inside of his chest, how could he have forgotten about that? He nodded slowly and bowed before his father. The car slowly rolled out on the street and then it was gone. A twitching pain rushed through his body and made him fall on his knees. With tears threatening to leave his eyes, did he tighten his both hands into two fists.
How... was he going to tell Ricky?

 

As L.Joe's father had been driven far away from L.Joe, he asked for the driver to pull over. The young chauffeur nodded and did as he was told.
Byung-Jin sighed and glanced down at the yellow envelope on the seat next to the one he was sitting in. He grabbed it with one hand and pulled out the content, which was a bunch of photos someone had snapped of his son and the unknown boy. Not only were there pictures of the two laughing and looking friendly, but holding hands and kissing. With disgust did he throw the the envelope back.

Fury built up inside him where he sat. He couldn't believe that his son had found a liking for boys – the less that he had lied to him. He had not raised his son to be gay. This was a serious matter that needed to be taken care of. It was a matter that he, himself, was going to take care of.
The sound of a ringing phone filled the car, and Byung-Jin took out his cellphone out from his pocket and answered with a simple 'Yoboseo'.

“We have packed Byunghun's things and are right now driving away from the school”.
The familiar voice of his assistant made him nod. “Arasso”. With that, did he end the phonecall and leaned back in his seat.
“Psh... what USA? I'm sending your sorry up to Seoul where you'll know no one but your aunt”, he said to himself and asked for the chauffeur to drive him to the hospital.

 

With his hands in his pockets and his face facing the dirty ground, did L.Joe walk with heavy steps back to the school. Not that he knew why, there were plenty of other places in Busan that were funnier than that dull school. At that moment, it seemed to be the only place he could go to.
Not aware that a certain brunette had spotted him, was he startled when suddenly there were arms wrapped around his waist into a tight hug from behind.

“Oppa!”. The familiar voice cut through the miserable atmosphere that surrounded L.Joe. He made a face and stopped in his tracks.
“Wae?” He sighed annoyingly and was surprised that he didn't even sound mean or like he was trying to make her run away from him.
“Oppa! I've been looking everywhere for you. What have you been up to?” She asked, her voice filled with aegyo.
She let go of L.Joe's waist and walked around him to stand just one meter away from him, smiling brightly in front of him. L.Joe sighed where he stood and shook his shoulders, letting her know that he hadn't done anything special.
He saw the little pout forming her lips. As he looked at her, he didn't notice that she sneakily grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers. He simply, didn't care anymore.

“Hyuna-yah... take me somewhere fun, will you?” L.Joe asked and made the girl almost fall over in surprise and excitement. “Don't flatter yourself”.
The girl shot him a cute smile where a fine row of white teeth were exposed. L.Joe straightened his back and walked beside her. It was a good thing that Hyuna didn't know how to shut , that way, he could focus on her annoying voice rather than trying to figure out what to do and say to Ricky.
blabbered on and on about everything: movies, dramas, fashion, make-up, boys, girls, music and all kinds of random things. L.Joe nodded every now and then but were slowly finding her less annoying and kind of... nice. Not that his dislike for her would ever fade, but she wasn't what he had thought she was like. At all, for that matter.

“Where are we going?” L.Joe asked and realized that they had been walking for quite some time now and hadn't gone in to any café, movie theater or noraebang.
Hyuna chuckled and glanced over at him, with exciting eyes. “Just walking, oppa”.
He raised one eyebrow and looked at her with questioning eyes. She sighed and swallowed, giving him the impression that she wasn't “just” taking a walk with him.
“I heard what your father said to you... and so I thought if he happened to see us, that image would... you know” Hyuna explained with a hurt voice and suddenly stopped. “Aish, oppa. Why did you have to fall for Ricky, eh?! Wae?!”

Startled, did he widen his eyes. He had been touched that she was helping out, but that little speech of hers had indeed come as a surprise. Why did she even bother to ask. It wasn't like he had planned on feeling the way he did towards another boy, it just sort of happened.

“Hyuna-yah” He said with an annoyed eyes and rolled his eyes. But as he did, he suddenly saw that her eyes teared up. L.Joe stared at her and swallowed.
“Why, oppa? Why couldn't you just have... I don't know, liked me? Or any GIRL. Things would've been so much easier!” Hyuna whined and hit L.Joe with both her hands on his arm. “Wae?!”.
For the first time, did L.Joe feel bad towards her. He swallowed hard and grabbed her both hands and almost forced her to look him in the eyes. Not knowing what to say, did he look into Hyuna's shiny eyes.
He had never seen her so torn up before, she would always look either cute or y. Never sad.

“Mianhae” He whispered and let go of her one wrist to carefully wipe away the tears that had not only wet down her cheeks, but also smudged her thick layer of mascara. “Don't cry. It makes you look like a monster”.
The comment L.Joe had said, made her lips form a tight pout. He chuckled and patted her head.
“Napeun namja...” She suddenly whispered and sobbed. “You have no idea how much it breaks my heart to see you with Ricky. The happiness in your eyes when you hold his hand... it hurts, oppa!”.
L.Joe swallowed but gave her a sharp eye, telling her to stop. Surprised by his firm voice, she bit her lips together and looked like she was holding back yet another river of tears. He sighed and pulled her in for a hug.

“I'm really sorry... but I can't accept your feelings, Hyuna. And I don't think I'll ever do either. So just stop, ne?” He whispered and let go of her. With a small smile on his lips, did he wave his hand. “Take care, Hyuna-yah”.

As he then took one step back, and walked passed her, a face that to him was too familiar appeared in front of him. Pain shot through his heart and he stopped in his tracks. Oh no...

Let ze drama... begin~ RickJoe... 3 this is probably the fastest update I've ever written.
Swear! I was all, in the chapter before this, I'm already writing the update, when I honestly
wasn't. I just had an idea... and yeah. I hope you don't hate me though! I uh... broke Hyuna's
heart for you? ^-^''