Exam

Hyung... saranghaeyo!

Ricky stood leaned against the wall, beside Joon and chatted happily with him and Kevin and their new roommate Jaehwan. He was a rather handsome guy, as well. His personality matched with Joon's, though he joked about everything and had a loud and almost annoyingly high-pitched voice. Joon's voice were a little more subtle and soft, though it was loud.

Ricky chuckled at something Joon had said and looked over the crowd of nervous students' and found his boyfriend with his two mates, Chansung and Jonghyun. Jia and Nicole was also there, and the two of them looked... decent. Nicole hadn't unbottened her shirt, nor tied the end of the shirt up so her sleek stomach was visible. And Jia had pulled her dirty blonde hair into a pony tail.
A new boy was there also, smiling cutely at whatever each of them said.

“So, Ricky”, Ken said suddenly and laid an arm around his shoulders. The huge difference on length brought a blush on Ricky's cheeks, because he was sure he looked like a midget even more than he usually did. “How come you're staring at the popular kids' way?”.
Kevin rolled his eyes and pushed him away. “His boyfriend's over there, why wouldn't he look? - Why don't you go over there and say hi before the exam?”.

Ricky smiled at Kevin and nodded. He could use some new energy before the test. And he was sincerely curious about the new kid, that somehow made L.Joe smile.

“Ricky!”, Chansung and Jia cheered and welcomed him to the group. It was a little awkward being greeted like that, but Ricky liked it. Jia was always kind to him whenever they met, even when she was with Hyuna and Nicole.
Jonghyun nodded and Nicole wasn't paying attention. “Hey”.
L.Joe gave him one of his signature smiles and Ricky could've sworn his heart melted. “My princess”, he said and held his hands. “I was wondering when you'd come see me”.
Ricky chuckled and shrugged. “I was kind of waiting for you too”.
“Aw, really?”, L.Joe grinned and pulled him close for a quick peck on the lips. “This is Kim Taehyung, by the way”.
“Annyeonghaseyo”, the dark-blonde said politely and even bowed. “Kim Taehyung imnida, but you can call me V”.
“Nice to meet you, V-ssi. Ricky imnida”, Ricky replied, as friendly as he possibly could. “Are you new here? I haven't seen you around before..”.
“Ah, neh”, the boy said with a chuckle and scratched the back of his head, awkwardly. “With L.Joe's help, I finally did”.

Ricky glanced at his blonde boyfriend and wondered why suddenly he wanted to help someone out. L.Joe just laughed and said that he hadn't done anything.

“His dad helped mine with the hospital. They're pretty close”, L.Joe explained and laid an around the boy's shoulders. “And we were kind of forced to be friends”.
“Oh”, Ricky said, feeling slightly jealous that his boyfriend was so friendly with the new guy.
“I wouldn't say nothing, you even shared your room with me”, V chuckled. “My boyfriend's going to scold me so hard for sharing it with you”.

Relief filled Ricky and his smile widened. L.Joe just chuckled and muttered something that “Yoongi don't have anything to fear” or something.

Teachers that would take care of the examination walked down the corridor. There were some of Ricky's favorite teachers, Mr. Jung and Mr. Park. He hoped that he'd take the exam with any of them.

“Okay, we're going to divide all of you into 5”, Mr. Jung said with that pretty smile of his. “I'm going to take the ones with the highest grades”.

Everyone shut up and stared bewildered at the smiling teacher, that later on cracked up in laughter together with Mr. Park.

“Just kidding”, he laughed and patted Mr. Park on the back. “I'm going to name the one's that will be taking the test with me”.
He called out names on a piece of paper, maybe thirty students' were called out, and amongst them were Ken, Chansung and Jia.

“That went well”, Mr. Park chuckled and called out the other thirty students' to his classroom.
Nicole, Joon (that seemed very happy to be in the same classroom as Nicole and even smiled and talked to her) Hyuna and Jonghyun.

L.Joe squeezed Ricky's hand and gave him a forced smile. He was nervous, Ricky thought and smiled. He leaned his head against L.Joe's shoulder and waited for his name to be called out.
He got called up together with V and Kevin. He was happy to be in a group with Kevin, but felt sad that he wouldn't be with L.Joe.

“Let's wait for each other once this is done”, Ricky said saw the blonde gulp and then nod. “Don't be nervous, you're going to do great”.
“I hope so”, L.Joe muttered and smiled sweetly. “Good luck”.
“You too”.

 

The upcoming two and a half hours went by with Ricky staring at his paper, on and off thinking of L.Joe, writing something he sincerely thought was the answer. He even tried to use formal, smart words he never used other wise.

The teacher that watched the classroom and the students' were a strict female named Kwon Boa. She was one of the gym teachers in the school, and Ricky had heard from Kai who had her as his teacher, that she was pretty tough and sometimes mean. She didn't look very mean though. Not that teachers looked very mean either, however, the aura around her was different from Mr. Jung and Mr. Park.

 

“Everyone”, she said with a loud voice that somehow made the hairs on Ricky's neck to stand up. “You have ten minutes left to complete the exam. If you fail this, you will also fail the course. So think wisely before you write down your answers and don't forget to put your name on it”.
So, maybe she was... a little mean, Ricky thought. If it'd be Mr. Jung, then he'd joke around. Maybe point at someone's paper and shake his head, making everyone laugh.

“Okay, time's up. Hand in your papers”, the teacher said and stood by the door with her skinny arms folded over her chest.
Ricky tilted his head to the side and wished he had paid some more attention during the lessons. He puffed his cheeks up and neatly fixed the papers before he got up from the chair and walked up to the teacher and handed her it.
Right behind him, was V who seemed a little down too. Ricky gave him a friendly smile and patted him on the back.

“How'd it go?”, he asked and received a half-hearted nod. “Ani-ya, I'm sure it went well. Even if it didn't; it's all over now! And there's graduation in a couple of days. I say we celebrate!”.
V chuckled but shook his head, much to Ricky's surprise. “I'm sorry, but I have other plans”.
“O-oh, really?”.
The boy's smile widened and he nodded. “Mm. I'm going to meet up with my boyfriend. We're going to Seoul, we've planned it for such a long time”.
Aw, Ricky thought and felt his heart almost melt. Who ever had gotten V as his boyfriend, was one lucky guy he thought. “Arasseo”.

Outside the classroom, in the hallway stood Joon and Ken with distressed expressions all spread over their faces. Chansung and Jonghyun was also there, together with their significant others. Nicole rolled her tongue as she started a conversation with Ken, but he seemed too upset with himself to even notice. Joon smiled as he noticed Ricky and waved at him.

“Oi. How'd it go?”, he said and then laid his arms around Kevin's waist. He leaned his chin on the guy's shoulder and blinked curiously at Ricky.
Kevin made a face and tried to free himself from Joon's grip around him.
“Uhm... I honestly don't know. Some questions were easier than the others, and then there were really hard ones as well, so”, he muttered and received a slow nod from the boy.
“Really? I thought it was... really easy though. I was finished twenty minutes after we started, almost. And Mr. Park gave me a freaking history book to read while I waited. Nice. Really nice...”.
Kevin raised an eyebrow. “Really? That was... very unlike Park seonsaeng-nim”.
“Yeah, I know!”, Joon shouted and widened his eyes. “Hyung... you smell really good. What perfume do you use?”.

Ricky chuckled at the boy's silliness and had a blonde haired boy not far from him. L.Joe blew out air as he walked up to Ricky.

“Well, I'm glad That's over”, he laughed and smiled at V. “Are you going now?”.
The other blonde nodded and smiled weakly before waving his hand. “Bye everyone”.
Ricky leaned his head against L.Joe's shoulder and sighed. Oh, how he wished time could've just stopped so he could stay like that forever.
The familiar, pretty face of Eunhee came into Ricky's vision and he widened his eyes. That girl had been gone for like... four weeks? No, it couldn't possibly be that much. Ricky waved at the girl who smiled brightly.

“Annyeong”, she said sweetly.
“Uhm, hi. Where have you been? I've heard... nothing, from you?”, Ricky said, disbelief filling the air.
Eunhee just chuckled and bowed. “Mian, I've been so busy. I went to Seoul and kept Kai company, since he didn't really like the other members of the group he's been put into. And then... I was in USA, and I'm going there the day after tomorrow as well. So yeah, busy”.

Ricky blinked and felt almost a little betrayed. She could have told him about Kai's situation and they could have all gone. But then he got to think about what HE had done during the weeks and realized that he hadn't really paid her much attention either. He felt sorry for being such a lowsy friend.

“Let's celebrate!”, L.Joe shouted and pulled Ricky with him out of the school, with everyone coming after.
Ricky could hear Kevin's weak complaints about Joon letting go of him, because he wasn't too fond of skinship with boys. Ken even joined Joon and had laid an around the boy's shoulders, and Joon had taken the spot next to Kevin and held him close by wrapping his arm around his waist.

“Ah, this is so nice! Kevin, you should break up with your girlfriend, because I have totally called dibs on you”.
Ricky turned to L.Joe at the exact time as he did and both of them exchanged weird looks. He loved how they'd grown so close to each other that they could communicate with just looks.

The group of eight people entered a Korean BBQ restaurant, that of course L.Joe knew the owner of so they got a bigger table. L.Joe had called C.A.P to join them, since he was in town. However, he came there together with the last two boys Ricky'd see. Chunji and Changjo. Ever since that day... had Ricky not talked to neither of the boys. Not that he was very close to Chunji anyway, but he had heard from L.Joe that he had lied.

“Hey what's up everyone”, C.A.P greeted and sat down on the chair next to Jonghyun.
Eunhee her lower lip and then turned to Ricky. “My sister said she'd come anytime too”.
Ricky made a face at the girl. Since when had she a sister? “Hold on – you have siblings I don't know about? What?”.
She laughed and waved her hand. “I have one older sister and a younger brother. But, my sister's not my biological sister, so we don't look alike that very much. And my brother was adopted”.

Changjo gave Ricky a weird look, before taking the empty seat next to Ken. The boy smiled and welcomed him, in a very friendly way. Though Ricky kept himself busy by chatting with Eunhee about her family, could he feel the intense eyes that shot daggers at him. Well, why wouldn't he. Ricky had deliberately or not, ignored Changjo the days him and L.Joe had been... well, not together.

“Ugh, don't tell me that brat still holds a grudge on me”, Eunhee sighed and pointed over at Changjo.
Ricky chuckled at her and shook his head. “It's me he's pissed at. I haven't... been too fair with him”.
“Well, with that frown”, Eunhee said with a rather loud voice and smiled wide. “He might as well go, because we're here to have fun!”.

The last sentence sounded much like it came from someone who was drunk, however, everyone loved it and lifted their glass with coke or whatever and cheered.

The meat came and Kevin and Joon prepared it. Kevin suffered a lot of Joon's comments about his arms being very female-like, just the way he liked it. And Kevin just bit his words together and made everyone laugh.

Eunhee had turned around to talk to Jia about something. Ricky sat next to L.Joe and leaned his head against the boy's shoulder.

“I had no idea C.A.P would bring them”, the blonde whispered, with an apologetic tone. “I'm sorry”.
“It's okay. I'm with you, and people I love. That's all that matters”, Ricky whispered back and smiled sheepishly. “It's a little loud, but it's nice”.
“Mm, I agree”, L.Joe said. “What'd you think of V, by the way? Nice guy, isn't he?”.
“Yeah, he was really nice. How come you've never mentioned him before?”.
“He lived in Seoul, first of all. And well... we kind of grew apart. Then, when we broke up, you and I, my dad mentioned him. So I talked a lot to him and our friendship got good again, I guess. And damn, he grew up fine”.
Ricky cleared his throat and gave his boyfriend a look. “I'm sorry, what?”.
“What? He looked good!”, L.Joe laughed and planted a kiss on Ricky's forehead. “But my princess is the best”.

All of them ate the meat and chatted with each and everyone. Well, except for Ricky to Changjo and Chunji. He kept himself from them. Eunhee's sister joined them about an hour later. And even though the two weren't related, had both of them gotten the good genes and looked so beautiful.

“Hi everyone, my name is Kim Jae Kyung, I'm Eunhee's older sister”.
Just like Eunhee, was the girl model-like skinny. She wore a white pair of pants and a violet, silk shirt that hung loosely around her, Ricky could tell, slim waist. She looked so fresh and pretty, and it was a miracle he himself didn't turn straight for her.

“Unnie”, Eunhee said with a whiny voice, obviously not liking that her the only available chair was next to Changjo.
The girl, or woman or whatever the heck you call it, just waved her hand and sat down next to Changjo with a friendly smile.

“Hey L.Joe. We're gonna go. We have to get ourselves ready for tomorrow and all”, Chansung and got up from his chair, with Jonghyun and Jia. “It was really nice to meet you all. See you around”.
The three left and Eunhee waved at her sister to take the free chair next to hers.

“I didn't know that there'd be so many of you. I thought the only friend Eunhee had was Kai”, Jaekyung laughed full heartedly and received laughs from everyone left by table.
C.A.P his lower lip and scooted closer to Jaekyung. “Noona... I'm Eunhee's best friend. Yeah before Kai and all, we were homies, y'know?”.
Chunji snorted at the same time as Eunhee did. “Yeah, “noona” is married. And even if she wasn't, I'd never someone like you even look at my dear sissy”.
“Yah”, C.A.P said, surprised the pretty little girl had sassed at him. “What's with That tone?”.

L.Joe and Ricky just grinned at the scene and scooted closer to each other. L.Joe was the first one to break free from Ricky.

“I say we get out of here. I just realized how much I want to be with you alone”, he whispered and received a nod from Ricky.
“We're gonna go too. We should do this again some time”, L.Joe said and got up form the chair, with Ricky not too far after him.

 

Kevin got up too, with Ken and Joon following him like two lost puppies. Eunhee and her sister went with them. Ricky could hear the laughters from behind, but he didn't mind. He was finally alone with L.Joe and it was dark outside, which made it romantic with all the city lights on and all of that.

“Hey Ricky”, L.Joe said as they walked slowly down the street.
“Mm”.
“I'm taking you out after graduation. Somewhere really nice, just so you know”, L.Joe continued with a smile on his lips.
Ricky bit his lower lip and glanced up at his happy boyfriend. “Somewhere special? Where?”.
“That's a surprise”.

 



A short appearance with Bangtan Boys's V! yaaay! and it's obvious his boyfriend was the pretty Suga! yessyess!
and there was also a short appearance with Eunhee's sister, the lovely leader of Rainbow - Kim Jaekyung.
- sorry for making such a boring chapter... i was really tired when i wrote this. ;o;