Somebody that I used to know

Hyung... saranghaeyo!

L.Joe's POV

L.Joe was seated in the back of the classroom, in a position that was not only uncomfortable, but also ready to get up quickly if the opportunity came and he could leave it. You would ask why he was in such a rush of leaving and even sitting himself down in a uncomfortable position. Well, he was sitting in the detention classroom – together with Mrs. Seo.

They had never gotten along. She had been a complete nightmare towards L.Joe, teased and mocked him for being such a 'regular' at her detention. Why she did these things, was because she wasn't one to like the 'popular' kids. L.Joe figured it was because she herself was bullied when she was younger, and now punished the new, y popular kids. Or, kids was a lie: she only hated L.Joe.

Mr. Lee” She said in her high pitched voice, and wiped away some chocolate that had melted on her cheek. “What's with the face, huh? Gained some weight while watching me eating your chocolate bar?”.

Yes, she hated L.Joe, he thought and inhaled one big amount of air, before shooting her a huge, fake smile. He fixed his blonde hair by so lightly touching it and evening it out.
“Ani” He replied with a sweet voice, making her frown as she had no idea what he was talking about. It was that little something that she never learned though – mess with L.Joe, and he will come right back at you.
“Have you forgot how to answer, Lee?” She chuckled and shot the group of boys and girls a dark eye, wanting them to laugh with her.

They, however knew about the little thing about L.Joe, and looked blankly on their desks and waited for the class to end. And he had rules for himself – he would hold his anger in three times before he exploded. He wasn't scared, nor did he care what happened if he did.

But Mrs. Seo wasn't able to see the explosion of L.Joe, when suddenly the door flung open and Hyuna was standing by the frame, holding a paper in her hand and texting with the other. L.Joe sighed annoyingly, but then realised that the girl had actually got it from the principal, demanding them to let “Lee Byunghyun go because he hadn't done anything wrong and did not deserve to be put in detention”.
Maybe she wasn't too bad, after all, L.Joe thought and jumped off from the chair. He plastered a smile on his lips, and waved goodbye to Mrs. Seo, before he quickly walked outside the classroom and hurried down the hallway as if his life was depending on it – and it kind of did, since he was being followed by a retarded brunette and would rather not meet, look or talk to her.

 

Oppa!” She called, and ran in her high heels up to him, and panted as she reached him. “What's the rush? Where are you heading?”.

L.Joe rolled his eyes in annoyance, and ignored her instead of replying to any of her stupid questions. He picked up his pace, but suddenly felt something around his wrist, holding him tight.

 

What?” He sneered between his teeth, and jerked his hand free from the girl's grip.
“Aren't you going to thank me for getting you out of detention?” Hyuna asked with a low voice, and tugged at her skirt in an attempt to look small and innocent.
If she was trying to get L.Joe on other thoughts, she was wrong. He rolled his eyes one more time, and started walking again.
He had always felt a little weird around that girl, and to be seen together with her in that way, was another weird feeling that he got. And he didn't like it. In fact, he hated them. He hated her, he hated the feelings he got from her and he hated how people looked at him for being there with her. That, was one thing he did care about; what others thought of him being with Her. Some people were against it, while some thought they made a 'cute couple'. Too bad I don't swing that way, L.Joe thought with a smirk and put his hands inside his pockets as he had reached the end of the building – only to be standing still by the door, staring with disbelief at the rain pouring down outside.

 

Aigoo, how can it rain like that?” Hyuna muttered, and tried to cover her panting.
L.Joe only rolled his eyes, she was skinny yet her condition was worse than a fat dog's. He glanced over his back and saw how she took out an umbrella out of her back, and smiled sincerely at him.

You're going to your dorm, aren't you?” She asked him, with a soft voice that to L.Joe was nagging. Actually, it reminded him a little bit of Mrs. Seo's high pitched one.
He shook his head and looked out the window and sighed. He hated rain and wouldn't want to ruin his hair and perfectly ironed clothes. But he wouldn't let his pride down by walking together with Her.

“Oh, jinja? Where are you going then?”. She was growing more and more pathetic, L.Joe thought and turned his body around, facing her with an expression just as emotionless like a rock.

Ka”.

He pulled the zipper down and placed his black leather jacket over his head, and cussed under his breath for having to run outside and messing up his hair on the go. Yes, his hair was sacred to him. He would get up one hour earlier just to fix his hair, he would normally just make it super smooth by flatten it with a straightener.

Hyuna pouted and gently grabbed his wrist, and shook her head and looked at him with eyes that said that she was not going to let him get wet and then sick.

“I just want us to be friends, L.Joe oppa” She mumbled and swallowed.

L.Joe stared with pinched black eyes at the girl, which made her let go of his hand and even take three steps back. His hate for the girl were not much of a big deal, really, there were things worse than Hyuna. For example Mrs. Seo. But, she was getting higher on the list of things that he disliked and hated.

 

Leave me alone” He said with a warning voice, placed his hand on the doorknob and ran out.
The small stone path that he was running on, were splashing water on his white skinny jeans, which made him cuss annoyingly and quicken his pace, or at least that's what it felt like.
The whole campus were empty, and the only thing making the place look lively, was the blonde boy in white pants who covered his head with a black jacket to avoid the rain, who was running for his life.

It was weird being all alone outside, L.Joe thought and finally reached the building where the males' dorms lay.

He removed the jacket, shook it a few times before slunging it over his shoulder. L.Joe then started walking to the staircase, but stopped. A smile crept up on his lips where he stood, maybe he should pay his boyfriend a little visit? After probably one seconds thinking, L.Joe made up his mind and spun around, wearing a goofy smile over his lips.
He strutted happily down the hallway, making the boys' who were wearing their school uniform wonder what could possibly be that great about the rainy day. But, they did envy the skinny legs of L.Joe's and the pure perfection that L.Joe was.

When standing outside the white door, a goofy grin crept up on L.Joe's lips and butterflies flew wildly inside his stomach. A small blush broadened over his cheeks and he shakily knocked on the white colored door with silvery doorknob.

It was weird, L.Joe thought while he waited for someone to open, he was never nervous or... whatever he was feeling at that moment. I couldn't possible Love this kid... right?

The doorknob was slowly turning down, which brought L.Joe back to reality, and he straightened his back and put on a face that he thought was a serious one. But his attempt on looking serious changed, when he met with the innocent eyes of the transfer student from America. Kevin or something.
L.Joe made a face and peeked inside before he asked, in a not so goofy or loving way, where Ricky was.

“He hasn't come home yet” Kevin answered, in a not too friendly way either. “But I'm sure he'll be home soon... wanna... come in, or something?”.
Hasn't come home 'yet'? Where was Ricky and why hadn't he told his boyfriend where he had gone off to? Was he secretely seeing someone else, someone taller? Someone who treated him better than L.Joe did?
Panic rushed through L.Joe's body, and he swallowed his own saliva where he stood, and didn't even notice when Kevin opened the door for him to walk inside, nor when he took the few steps forward so that he was standing inside Ricky's dorm. He was too confused and... heartbroken?

 

Lee Byunghyun!” Kevin suddenly exclaimed, making the blonde boy snap out of his deep thoughts and wake up in the dorm.
“Neh?” L.Joe muttered, and looked at Kevin, who had raised his one eyebrow in a cute way. “Mian... do you know where he went?”.
Kevin opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. L.Joe watched as the boy seemed to search for the right words to say. And that didn't calm his already crazy thoughts about his boyfriend. Had he fallen for the baby-faced Bacon-boy?! And were running away with him? Small drops of sweat was building up on L.Joe's forehead, and he walked up to the couch and sat down on it.

 

L.Joe-ah” Kevin said, and had placed his both hands on L.Joe's shoulders, and shook him forcefully. “I didn't mean to react like that. Ricky is out with Baekhyun and Eunhee. No big deal”.
'No big deal', the words echoed inside L.Joe's head, and he was sure that he soon would pass out. From the moment he had layed eyes on that girl, he had known that she was bad news.

 

Kevin was growing impatient when the blonde wasn't reacting to what he was saying. He let go of his shoulders, and sat down on a chair in front of the boy and nervously bit his lower lip, and said words that he thought sounded comforting.

 

Kevin” L.Joe said, after a few minutes of his constant blabbering. “Baekhyun's in love with Ricky, isn't he? Don't lie to me”.
Taken aback, Kevin widened his eyes. L.Joe could tell that he was surprised by the sudden question, but he didn't care. He needed to confirm it, even if the answer was something that he wouldn't like; he needed to know if there was something that he, himself had to change in order for Ricky to love him in the same way that he did. Because if he was taking a liking to the other boy... then he had to step up his game. He had to know if he even stood a chance next to the boy, if Ricky was only being with him because he was... being forced to.

Kevin swallowed, and seemed to feel nervous about the bold question. If L.Joe hadn't asked, then the reaction would've been enough. But he needed to hear the words come from the brunette's mouth.

“He is...” Kevin began, but held up his hand in the air, as if that was going to calm down L.Joe. It didn't. “But he is aware of Ricky's feelings, and has decided to put his aside in order for Ricky to be happy. Which he is with you”.
L.Joe swallowed, pain was filling him up inside, and he rose up. The speech that Kevin had given him, was words of politeness, not truth. Ricky might like him, but if Baekhyun did, then there was no way that he was 'putting his feelings aside in order for Ricky to be happy'.

L.Joe made a small bow towards Kevin, and left the dorm with shaky legs. When he was walking down the hallway, and to the stairs that lead him to his room, it hit him how much he really cared and how much he loved Ricky. But was he good enough for him? Ricky was an angel and deserved nothing less than that. L.Joe was as far away from angelic possible.

When he had reached the staircase, someone he was sure he didn't know bumped into him. The man or woman was wearing huge black sunglasses to cover their eyes, and a black mask to cover the rest of his or her face.
He tried to look into person's eyes, and felt how an envelope was being placed in his hands. Without a word, did the person quickly leave. And he didn't get a chance to say something nor see who the person was.

L.Joe looked down and met with a yellow large envelope. He sighed and slowly removed the cover and threw it on the floor. Left in his hands was a bunch of papers, probably photos. L.Joe didn't know, but was too busy reading the white paper that the person had put together a short message.

– “ He is not worthy of your time nor your heart. Please understand that my intention never was nor will be to hurt you. I will wait for you to find your way back to me, where you belong.

C ”

Tears formed L.Joe's eyes where he stood and held not only the letter but a memory that he for so long had tried to forget. The way the words were so beautifully written was without a doubt written by that person. He didn't even have to ask himself who 'C' was. It was all clear.

“I'm sorry... but the only one I belong to, is Ricky” L.Joe muttered to himself, and walked up the stairs, and threw the letter and pictures in the first trash can he lay eyes on. Without looking at the many pictures, did he steer his steps to his room.
He took out his key and unlocked the door, walked inside and closed the door shut. He blinked a couple of times where he stood, and suddenly fell down to the floor. The tears that had formed themselves inside his eyes, were now coming out, and rolled down his cheeks in a slow pace.
' Find your way back to me, where you belong '. Even if the words had been written on a piece of paper, L.Joe could hear that person say them to him directly. Maybe it was true, maybe his rightful place was with that person?
As if on cue, did his cellphone vibrate, and made the tears stop and his thoughts to fade away. He grabbed the black phone from his pocket and took it out.

' I just came back from one tiresome day at the mall... and I can't stand one more second without you, so I just wanted to ask if you wanted to meet me. I missed you sooooo much ♥♥♥♥ '.
After reading the text, a smile crept up on L.Joe's face, and he didn't have to read twice to quickly reply. No, he definetely belonged to Ricky. That person was someone from his past – nothing more or less.

 


 

Okay, I know the chapter is a little ... sadface-ish. I was listening to Emeli Sande's song "Read All About it part.3" and I know that the lyrics doesn't really go with the chapter or anything, but her voice and the music to the song just gave me the strength and inspiration to write, I guess. Was the chapter alright? Are you DYING to know who C is?! TEHE, let me know who you think he/she is, alright?! :D