'Cause without you, I'm lonely

Hyung... saranghaeyo!

Ricky's POV


Eunhee had chosen the movie that they were going to see, and to be completely honest, Ricky was excited and looked forward to it. But, the excitement had taken it's turn, when the movie was canceled due to a kid that had thrown up in the salon, and left quite a mess for the workers to take care of.

“Aish! I really wanted to see that movie...” Eunhee sighed, with an undertone of both annoyance and disappointment.

Ricky nodded, he was a er for movies and would have loved to see the one that his friend had recommended. But, he had gotten over it and instead smiled happily as he tapped the girl on her back. 

“Don't be sad” Ricky said, and saw how she looked up at him with a soft pout formed over her puffy lips. “We can see a movie some other time, nde?”.

She hesitated first, but nodded. She knew that Ricky was right, but couldn't help feeling what she felt.
Since it was Saturday, not many people were inside the school, but had left to meet with their families and friends outside the school. Ricky would love to meet with his grandmother, and check up on how she was and what she had been doing. It had been two months since he first came to the boarding school, and those two months sure had been busy ones and eventful. He had gone from being a nobody, to a somebody. He had got his first boyfriend and been on several dates with him.
The thought about L.Joe brought a smile upon his lips, and an idea popped up inside his head that only took seconds for him to proceed. Ricky quickly took out his phone from his pocket and wrote down a short message and didn't hesitate to press the send button. Eunhee glanced down at the phone and sighed.

“Aigoo... you're with him 24/7! I thought you would spend the whole day with me!” She exclaimed and made a face.

Even though she did have a point; Ricky did miss his boyfriend. He hated being away from him more than necessary. And lately, he hadn't been at all much with him. He had been busy studying for tests and doing homework that the teachers gave them. Lot of people had given up because it simply was too much; Ricky was not one of those people. He gave his everything in the studies and tried to make L.Joe do the same, since he had big plans for his future.

“Mianhae Hee-ah. I just... feel incomplete when he's not around” Ricky confessed and felt how a blush appeared over his cheeks. Being with L.Joe did that too him, made butterflies go wild inside his stomach and his cheeks to burn every now and then. Maybe... what he felt was love?
Eunhee rolled her eyes and quickened her pace. “Yeah well... text me when you feel like doing something with Me. See you later”.

She hurried inside the school before Ricky got the chance to say something back. He made a face, but decided not to worry about it. She had a lot of friends and people that she knew, she would do just fine without Ricky for a couple of hours. Or a day or two. 

Ricky smiled widely when he walked inside the gates and made his way to the boys' dorms, when a girl grabbed him and pulled him up against a tree. Confused, did Ricky stare into the girl's dark, almost furious eyes. At first, he had no idea who it was, but later realized that it was his hater. Hyuna. 

“You little piece of ... going somewhere?” She hissed between her teeth, and took Ricky by the collar.

He moistured his lips with his tongue and nodded. Even though he did respect Hyuna, and kind of disliked her as well, he was not afraid of her. He had been through worse, he thought and looked straight into the girl's eyes.

I'm actually on my way to my boyfriend” He said, and emphasized the word 'boyfriend', which made her eyes darken and look like she was ready to chew Ricky's head off anytime.

You listen to me, punk” Hyuna said with distaste in her voice. “If you for even a second think you deserve him, you are so wrong. Do you think his parents will approve you? And L.Joe doesn't know what he wants right now, but he sure as hell does not want an ugly duckling like you. Leave him alone, or I swear to God, life as you know it will not be worthy of living.”.

Ricky gulped. He hadn't ever heard someone say such words to him before, and hearing them from a girl like Hyuna broke his heart. He was aware that she had a crush on L.Joe, but it sounded like she knew him better than anyone else. Was it true? Did he not deserve L.Joe? Was L.Joe playing with him? Was he just a charity case that he had taken himself on?

A smirk formed Hyuna's lips and she leaned closer. “To make things easier for not only him, but you too, I suggest you go back to where you came from in the first place. I heard about your financial problems... I wonder what L.Joe would think if he knew that you were broke...”.
Panic rushed through Ricky's body and he widened his eyes in shock. How could she know about that? He hadn't told anybody...

“Hyuna-ssi, please don't tell him! He-” Ricky began, but got caught off by Hyuna's finger covering his mouth.
“Leave and I wont”. 

Ricky gulped down the words that the girl had said and saw how she grinned, flipped her hair and walked away. Left standing against the tree, was Ricky. Tears formed his eyes, and he breathed unevenly. He couldn't let L.Joe know about his issues at home; he would get the wrong idea and think that the only reason he was with him, was because of his money.

“Ricky?”.

Ricky looked up and saw a familiar blonde stand by the door, wearing casual clothes and one huge smile over his face. Instantly, did Ricky wipe his wet eyes and walked up to him. Before he knew it, was he wrapped up in L.Joe's arms, in a tight hug.

“Why were you standing there? It's raining!” L.Joe said with a sincerely concerned voice and broke the hug to look at Ricky with a small smile on his lips.

Ricky chuckled and shook his head. “Just thinking. What have you been up to?”.

“Detention” L.Joe said with a care-free voice and lay one arm around his shoulder. “You?”.
“Originally, I was out with Baek and Eunhee, but we met with Yukwon hyung and his dongsaeng, Jihoon-ssi. So, we had dinner together” Ricky said and felt his stomach twist as he had left out the little confrontation with Hyuna. He wanted to let L.Joe know about everything, but he couldn't. He was too embarrassed and ashamed.

He noticed the nod from the blonde, and was dragged forward by him. He smiled at him, but felt his heart ache inside.

 

“Did you come back alone?” L.Joe asked, and glanced down at Ricky with yet another concerned eye. 
Ani. I walked back with Eunhee. We kind of... left Baekhyunnie alone with Yukwon and Jihoon” Ricky confessed and felt a little bad for doing so. “Aish... I should've taken Baekhyun with me”.
L.Joe shook his head and shot him a bright smile. “No. He'll be fine with Kwonnie and P.O. Beside, that Bacon-boy should get to know my friends”.
Ricky made a face that he thought L.Joe would see and understand his slightly frustrated mind. But, the blonde didn't.

So... what do you wanna do?” L.Joe asked with a tone that made it's way straight to Ricky's heart, and removed the arm that he had wrapped around Ricky's shoulders to intertwine their fingers instead.

Ricky smiled widely as he glanced down at their hands, and noticed that L.Joe had quite pretty and soft hands. It surprised him that he hadn't noticed this earlier, since he had held L.Joe's hands many times before.

 

“Ricky?”.
“Nde? Ah... yeh. I honestly don't know... I just... wanted to hang out with you” Ricky confessed with a chuckle and blushed at his absent mind. He really should've thought out something for them to do.

L.Joe smiled at Ricky, and pinched his one cheeks. “Aigoo! So cute!” He exclaimed and grinned cutely. “Good thing I thought of something for us then. Zico dropped off some movies earlier. Most horror and other scary movies”.

Ricky gulped and forced on a smile as he shook his head. He didn't hate watching scary movies, but he wasn't very fond of watching them either. He preferred funny movies, or romantic ones.

“Wae? Shireo?” L.Joe asked with a surprised voice and met with Ricky's eyes. “I really don't like watching anything else but that genre...”.

Ricky gulped and pouted cutely, and made sure to put in a lot more aegyo in it than usual. “Ani-ya hyung-nim. Let's watch something else, nde?”.

“Yah, are you using aegyo? On Me?” L.Joe scoffed with disbelief in his voice. “The nerve...”.
Byunghyunnie” Ricky whined and wiggled with his arms. “I don't want to watch that kind of movies. Let's watch something else”.
Byunghyunnie? Y-yah... what kind of name is that?” L.Joe muttered and made a face. “Yah, I already chose our movie anyway. Endure it princess!”.

 

Ricky made a tsk sound and felt his heart skip a beat, he had a feeling that his boyfriend was going to play him a trick by choosing the scariest movie possible.

As the two got inside L.Joe's apartment looking dorm, L.Joe slipped his hand free from the grip Ricky had had around it, and hurried over to the flat screen and rummaged through a brown cupboard box filled with what seemed like all kinds of movies. Ricky watched from a distance as his boyfriend picked up several movies, read the cover, and dropped them on the floor as if they were the boring and not at all what he wanted to see. It was cute, in Ricky's eyes. The more L.Joe looked at the many covers, the more frustrated did he seem to get. And that little wrinkle between his eyebrows seemed to deepen at the very second that passed.

“A-HA!” L.Joe suddenly exclaimed, his voice filled with excitement as he flew up from the floor with a black DVD box in his hand. “Found one!”.

Ricky made a face, even though he had found the blonde's actions too cute to be true, the words that had come out of the boy's mouth afterwards had left him with a sour expression.

“L.Joe-yah... you're being mean right now. I swear... I wont be able to sleep for a week or two” Ricky whined, and hoped to gain some empathy and probably the suggestion that he could choose something that wasn't scary at all. Sadly enough, he didn't.
L.Joe smirked at Ricky and walked over to him with his arms stretched out. “Then... maybe you should sleep with me, eh?”.

 

A trick, Ricky thought and felt his cheeks heat up. It felt as if he had just stepped inside a sauna, and couldn't get out of it. He quickly covered his probably tomato-looking face with his both palms and prayed that L.Joe wouldn't laugh at him.

“Ricky-yah” L.Joe snickered and circled one his smooth fingers around Ricky's one wrist and pulled it down.
Hesitating, did Ricky look at the blonde boy and was happily surprised when he looked straight into a pair of warm, smiling eyes. The distance between them was almost nothing which only caused his cheeks to heat, if possible, up even more. But he couldn't care less, he was busy admiring the beauty in front of him.

 

“I think I'm in love with you...” L.Joe whispered, and other hand that Ricky held against the other half of his face. “And... I swear, the words I'm saying is the cheesiest ones ever, but... they're the truth, so don't laugh, arasso?”.

Ricky could only nod in reply, making L.Joe clear his throat and slowly lean in to plant a soft, yet passionate kiss on Ricky's small lips.
A rush of excitement ran through his body like electricity, and he replied to the kiss with just a tiny pressure.

“I uhm... I'm happy that I have you, and even though we kind of... got together a little fast, I think we did the right thing. And... if I didn't have you in my life... I don't think I'd know the true meaning of... happiness” L.Joe said, breathing a little heaver after breaking the kiss. “I don't say those words that easily, since they are so powerful, you know. And... I want to really mean it when I say it. I don't want to say it out of habit, but out of... I don't know, how I truly feel? Oh my God... that's... but yeah... that's pretty much what I wanted to uhm, say. You know what, let's just go back to where we were until I opened my big mouth, neh?”.

Ricky's heart skipped a beat as the words L.Joe had said melted down inside him. He knew that his boyfriend had a difficult time explaining his feelings and such, but after hearing his little confession, he got the impression that maybe he was just a little scared of doing so. The little speech was probably one of the most beautifulest things Ricky had ever heard, that was actually said about him.
And, he couldn't agree more with L.Joe. Those words did have a strong power and shouldn't be said out of habit, but out of what one really felt.

“You're... not laughing” L.Joe remarked and raised one eyebrow.
Ricky chuckled and placed a quick peck on the boy's lips, before he shook his head and smiled shyly. “I agree, L.Joe-ah. When we're absolutely certain of our feelings, then we can express them in another way. I'm happy that you feel like that about me, and I will try to bring as much happiness as possible to your life. It's the very least I can do” Ricky said with a soft voice and felt L.Joe's arms wrap themselves around Ricky's waist, and pull him closer to him.
Ricky leaned his head on his boyfriend's chest, and sighed happily. He didn't have to think twice though, he was already sure on what he felt. He was in love with this crazy, gangster-like blondie, and he'd probably always be. The question was however; did L.Joe love him?
Or more importantly, would he still look at Ricky the same way if he knew about the truth? 

 




(gif by me~~~~~~ because Seungri is the cutest panda! *hearts*)
So... I updated! Yay! xD I accidentally put the chappie up when it wasn't done... I hadn't re-read it or anything, 
so I kind of panicked and felt like crying... and then I was kind of surprised that I hadn't published it yet, since I 
started writing it only seconds after publishing #22 so... I had some problems ): but... it's up nao, so I hope you
enjoyed it ^^ have a nice night!... or day, or whatever it is ):