Roller coasters and cotton candy

Hyung... saranghaeyo!

a/n; hey everyone! :D long, long chappie~ I hope you likey~ I wanted to put up a
song for background music, but I couldn't find one, so... just listen to whatever, okay? xD

Ricky looked up on the round clock on the wall; L.Joe had a habit of eating dinner quite late, so he probably wouldn't call him until at least 6PM. And at that moment, were the clock 12AM sharp. He had tons of time to kill.

He quickly put on a pair of skinny, black jeans and a baby-blue tank top. On top of that, did he sloppily throw a navy blue jacket with golden buttons. Looking at his own reflection, he hesitated. Was it too formal with the jacket?

Oi, where are you going?”, Chanyeol asked as he walked out of bathroom with a white towel wrapped around his hips.
Ricky blinked a couple of times. So that was what hid underneath the over-sized t-shirts he thought. Not that Chanyeol was muscular, but pretty sleek. He wasn't fat, but skinny. Not un-healthy skinny, but in a perfect pretty way.
Chanyeol noticed that Ricky was staring at him, so he folded his arms over his chest and cleared his throat.
Out. With a friend”, Ricky quickly said and felt how a blush spread over his face. “So I'm going now. Bye”.  

It didn't take Ricky many seconds to hit the stairs, mess up his hair and clumsily and almost unbelievably enough, stumble on his own feet on the very last step. Then again, he was too embarrassed to face Chanyeol after that scene... it wasn't at all what the guy had thought, not even a bit. Why would Ricky look on a giant when he had his midget?

He pulled himself up and brushed some dust away from his pants, before walking up to the door. He was greeted by a laughing, taller yet younger boy. He had squeezed his eyes shut and slapped himself on his thighs violently while letting out incoherent sounds that probably was suppose to be laughter. Ricky blushed.

“Yah”, he whined and scratched the back of his head. “It's not funny...”.
“But it is!”, Changjo grinned and laid an arm around the boy's shoulders. “Oh man, I haven't laughed like that for a long time. I heard the boom from when you fell, then some cussing, and then there you were, looking like an angry kid”.
Ricky gritted his teeth together. Exactly why had he agreed to hang out with that punk?
“But don't worry, I like you anyway. So, let's go!”.

There had been ages since Ricky had gone to an amusement park. He had gone with... Byun Baekhyun on his first, and that had been in first grade. His mother was taking them out. Ricky remembered how jealous he had been on Baekhyun because of his gentle and almost angelic mother. She was always kind and cared about everyone except for herself. He had lost count of how many times he had wished that she had been his mother instead by the time he surpassed fifty.

“How is everything?”, Changjo asked as they got on a bus that was taking them all the way down-town to the place where the amusement park was suppose to be at.
“It's good”, Ricky said. “My friends are having a rough time lately, so I feel bad for them, but-”.
“Because that's totally what I want to know. Pabo, I meant your bruises”, Changjo sighed and lightly hit him on the head.
“Ow! I was fine, until you tortured my head. You're so violent... hey, I don't know your full name!”.
“It's nothing special anyway...”, Changjo quickly replied and looked out the window.
“Oh, come on! You know mine!”.
“No”.
“Please!”.
“No”.
“Oh, come on!”.
“No, Ricky. It's... so embarrassing”.
“I'm sure it's not!”.
“But it is. Let it go. Look, there's L.Joe”.
Ricky was about to say something back, but froze. He bit his lips together and carefully peeked over Changjo's shoulder and saw a blonde with black glasses, walking down the street. He looked... bored. As if he was missing something, or perhaps, someone. Then, a choir of high school girls came running behind and yelled “Oppa!”, “Oppa, you're so handsome!” and all kinds of cheesy things. What made Ricky smile, was how L.Joe so easily ignored them. He just walked on, like he had all time in the world.

“I wonder where he's going”, Ricky muttered and got an answer from Changjo who said that he probably was meeting up with Chunji or CAP for a reunion. That sounded like something L.Joe would've done, Ricky thought and nodded.

 

 


 


Hyung... saranghaeyo! 형... 사랑해요
 

 


 


 

 

However, that wasn't at all what L.Joe was about to do. He was annoyed, and whenever Lee Byunghun was annoyed, something big had happened. Ever since he had met Ricky, had his temper switched like a light-switch to the better. Annoyed had he been ever since Baekhyun's farewell party. Why? The answer to that question is simple; he had been ignored completely by his lover. Not only had he been ignored, but also lied to. He hated it. He wanted to know what the reason was that Ricky had lied to him, but the fact that he had, was making it hard for him to even try to think of the reasons.

“Aish”, he muttered and ran both of his hands through his hair. “He is probably tired and needed to rest. That must be it. Like... I wouldn't tell him I needed space, I'd lie too”.
Thinking things through, he realized that there wouldn't be a time where he got tired of Ricky, the less would he lie to him.
His phone vibrated inside his pocket and he reluctantly picked the device up from his jean pocket and answered with a bittersweet hello.

“Oi, Hunnie! What's up?”, a overly enthusiastic boy yelled on the other line, making him sigh.
“Taking a walk to calm down, but you screaming like a moron ruined that attempt”, he growled in reply and was about to hang up, but stopped when the boy apologized in a very sincere way. “I didn't mean it like that...”.
“Hm... if you're not doing anything, then why don't we go shopping? I was suppose to yesterday with Changjo, but that little brat stood me out”, Chunji chuckled cutely, bringing a smile upon L.Joe's lips.
However, he didn't like shopping. When Ricky asked them to do that, had he refused like a little child and Ricky had gone with some other people, much to L.Joe's disappointment.
“No thanks”, he said politely and even forced his voice to sound friendly, though his motive wasn't.
But, Chunji was consistant to go shopping with him and he knew just how he was going to make L.Joe change his mind. After hearing the boy out, did L.Joe grit his teeth together and mumbled a sentence that he would've never thought he'd say before;

“Fine. Let's go shopping”.

 

 


 


Hyung... saranghaeyo! 형... 사랑해요
 

 


 

 

On the amusement park, did Changjo drag Ricky around all day. They rode all kinds of scary roller coaster rides, in which they almost screamed their lungs out. Not because they were afraid, but because of the excitement. Never had Ricky felt such a rush of adrenalin before. Everything he did with Changjo, gave him a somewhat thrilling feeling, and he loved it. It made him feel alive.
At the end of the day, did Changjo suggest the Ferris wheel. How could Ricky ever say no to that?

The two stood in the line and smiled like fools. But they didn't care, they'd had too much fun that day, that they had stopped thinking or worrying about others opinions about them.
Ricky let out a yawn suddenly and widened his eyes. Changjo stared at him with eyes the size of golfballs, ready to slap his cheek.

“Ani-ani-ah! I'm not bored! I haven't been this active since kindergarten!”, Ricky quickly said and held out both of his hands to keep the distance between them.
When they had stepped out of the bus, had they agreed to hit each other if one of them yawned. The only reason that Ricky had agreed to that, was because Changjo had looked a little sleepy the entire time, even though he had found tons of opportunities to whack him on the arm, which hurt more than Ricky was willing to tell.

“So?”, Changjo said with a sly smirk and removed Ricky's both palms from his face and placed the free hand on top of the boy's smooth cheek. “Prepare to die, Yoo Changhyun”.
Ricky squeezed his eyes and prepared for the slap. Fortunately, it never came as the director told them to hand him the tickets.

“Ah yeh, here”, Changjo said and gave the old man two orange tickets. The man nodded and removed the rope so the two could walk inside the little booth.
Changjo gently offered Ricky to board it first, which made Ricky smile sheepishly.

“Gomawo, Changjo-yah”, he snickered and sat down on the pink colored, fake leather seat. “Such a sweetheart”.
The boy scoffed. “I haven't forgot to hit you”, he said and saw the fear in Ricky's eyes. “If you never call me sweetheart again, I'll flick your forehead instead”.
Ricky shone up like a sun and nodded. He removed his bangs and smiled widely. “I promise!”.

What Ricky didn't know, was that that game was one Changjo loved the most. He had done it so many times before, that he had become a pro. When he flicked someone's forehead, it hurt. Even more than a slap on the cheek.

He placed his thumb over Ricky's forehead, and unknowingly slid out the tip of his tongue out of his mouth before he released the middlefinger with a flying speed.
When the finger hit Ricky's forehead did the smile fade and he let out a high pitched scream.

“YAH! WHY'D YOU DO SO HARD?! OMO, IT BURNS!”, Ricky screamed and covered his precious forehead with both of his hands.
Changjo just laughed and patted Ricky on the back. “That was nothing compared to how I usually do”.
“YOU ARE SO MEAN, CHANGJO!”, Ricky squealed and hit him on the chest. “Seriously! I'm injured and fragile, and you made it even worse!”.
“Yeah, yeah, stop whining. You said yourself you felt better”, Changjo chuckled and sighed. “I told you not to lie to me, Changhyun-ah”.
“YEAH WELL WHAT DO YOU EXPECT AFTER FLICKING MY BRAIN OUT?!”, Ricky outrageously shouted and stared at him with pinched black eyes.
Changjo just grinned. “Sorry. I'll buy you cotton candy when we're back down”.
“You better”, Ricky muttered and pouted.
“Don't pout, makes you look like a little girl”, Changjo teased and laid an arm around the boy's shoulders. “Just enjoy the ride. We waited half an hour to get on it”.
Ricky relaxed and nodded. “Okay, fine. But don't you ever flick my forehead again”.
Changjo chuckled. “Fine, I won't”. 

 

 


 


Hyung... saranghaeyo! 형... 사랑해요
 

 


 

 

L.Joe sighed for the nth time that day. He couldn't believe that he had actually gone out with Chunji... and freaking shopped with him. Chunji was a very chick guy, and he couldn't stand the thought of not having the latest fashion in his wardrobe. That was one heck of a difference between them; L.Joe hardly ever went to the mall to buy new clothes. If he needed new things, he would tell his dad's assistant, and she'd send him some bags of jeans and shirts. And sometimes, had Chunji gone out and found clothes that would look “amazing” on him.

“Can we eat now?”, L.Joe muttered as he walked behind Chunji with his arms folded over his chest.
The boy mumbled a “Uh-huh, just gonna find a matching shirt for the pants”, a sentence he'd heard too many times that day.
“I'm starving”, he said monotonously and wondered if anyone would notice that he ripped the boy's head off and started eating on that. The odds were pretty much against him, as the store was crowded with people.
“Mm, me too. We'll eat in just a minute, promise!”, Chunji said cutely and scrutinized a hanger with basic long-sleeved shirts.

L.Joe let out yet another sigh and felt how his stomach growled like a monster. He really was starving. He hadn't eaten a thing since he had met up with Chunji at the mall. Which was four hours ago. The drinks they had gotten during half that time didn't count as food, especially since Chunji forced him to get a low sugar drink. A freaking vitamin drink that tasted like a piss.

“FOUND IT!”, Chunji exclaimed happily and pulled out a gray sweater from a random hanger and smiled widely at him. “I'm just gonna buy this, then I'm buying us some yummy”.
L.Joe felt happiness fill his body and he wanted to jump up high. But that happiness faded as Chunji suggested them to eat a salad. Salad? SALAD?!

L.Joe grit his teeth together and grabbed the clothes that Chunji had picket out and threw them across the room. The boy made an 'o' with his mouth and was about to ask what L.Joe was doing, but was being dragged out of the store.

“Take note that this is the last time I'm shopping with you”, L.Joe sneered over his shoulder. He didn't let go of Chunji until they stood outside one of many McDonalds restaurant. “I'm getting two big macks, and don't you dare try to feed me some freaking salad, because I swear, I will punch you in the darn face”.
Chunji gaped at L.Joe's words, but didn't have any time to say something back, as he was dragged inside the restaurant.

“Geez”, he sighed and fixed his hair before sweetly ordering two big macks and a big strawberry flavored milkshake.
“Seriously. I've been hungry for hours and then you suggest a salad... who does that?”, L.Joe muttered and grabbed the tray with food and brought it over to an empty table. “After this, are we getting some ice cream, bubble tea and cupcakes. And I don't care if I have to shove it down your throat, you are going to eat it. Understood?”.
The boy just rolled his eyes and sipped on his milkshake. “Yeah, yeah, whatever...”.
L.Joe made a “tsk” sound and opened the box and had a huge bite of his hamburger. And that burger was more similar to heaven than just a normal hamburger. 

 



 


Hyung... saranghaeyo! 형... 사랑해요
 

 


 

 

When the ride on the ferris wheel came to an end, did Ricky and Changjo go to one of cotton candy stands and ordered one big, pink cotton candy. It didn't take long until Ricky held the candy in his hand and he was already munching on it. If Changjo would buy him cotton candy every time he was doing wrong, maybe he should pick fights with him more often.

“So, did you have fun today?”, Changjo asked as they walked around in the amusement park.
It was already dark and the sun had been replaced with a crescent moon and billions of stars. The lamps had and it was a lovely atmosphere that the two was a part of.
Ricky was about to answer, but since his mouth was stuffed with the cotton candy, only a muffled sound was heard from him, which made Changjo chuckle.
“I'll take that as a yes”.
Ricky swallowed and nodded. “It was awesome. I don't think I've had this fun for... ages. It was even better than yesterday!”.
“Haha, really? Hm, I guess it'll be hard to beat this day then”, Changjo said. “You know... I don't usually force people out spontaneously, I always have a reason or motto to do so”.
Ricky listened to what he said and looked at him with curious eyes. “Then, what was it today?”.
“I don't know if you'll think this is lame, but...”, Changjo began and scratched the back of his head. “It's my birthday today, and I wanted to do something fun...”.
“BIRTHDAY?!”, Ricky gasped and stopped in his tracks. “Why didn't you tell me earlier? We could have gone to a café and had cake!”.
“Well... it wouldn't have turned out so fun if I had”, Changjo sheepishly said and laughed. “Don't worry about it. I had fun, you had fun... and we're having cotton candy. I don't think it can get any better than this”.
Ricky scoffed. “Oh but it can. It's still a couple of hours left on this day, and you are so getting cake on your birthday. Come on!”.

The two had already finished the cotton candy, so they didn't feel bad for throwing it in the garbage can on the way out of the amusement park.
Ricky couldn't believe he had been so mean to Changjo on his birthday... he had yelled at him so many times and acted like a spoiled brat... oh man, he thought and bit his lip.
Changjo muttered a “ani-ya, I don't even like cake, let's just go home...”, which Ricky decided to ignore. There was absolutely no way that he was going to let the birthday boy let his birthday pass without even a cake. It was a little too late for him to look for a gift, but he could always find one later. Something that Changjo would like and use for the rest of his life.

Ricky grabbed the boy's hand and entwined his fingers with his as he started to run. He knew a perfect little shop that made delicious cakes, but they closed up very early, so they had to run.

When they arrived, had they reached it just ten minutes before closing. Which made Ricky sigh in relief, but also breath like he had run a marathon. He walked inside, not thinking that he held Changjo's hand.

“Oh, we're closing”, said a girl in the counter.
“I know”, Ricky breathed and gave her a smile. “But it's my friend's birthday, and he hasn't even got cake. So could you please wrap one up for us?”.
The girl hesitated, but when seeing their hands, she smiled happily. “AW! Since it's your birthday, I'll give our best cake to you, for free”.
Ricky lit up and thanked her. She giggled and quickly wrapped a cake up. She placed it on the glass counter and smiled creepily at them.
“You guys make such a lovely couple, by the way. Enjoy the cake!”. Before neither of them could protest, had she spun around and left them alone.

The two blinked a couple of times and awkwardly let go of each other's hands.

“Le-let's go now”, Changjo said and his lower lip, before agreeing with himself and left the shop first.
Ricky just grinned, grabbed the box and hurried after Changjo. It's not like they had anything to be ashamed of, it wasn't true anyway. But, Ricky understood if Changjo felt embarrassed. Straight guys didn't like people calling them gay, and even if Changjo was gay, then he probably had another ideal type.

Ricky suggested them to go his grandmother's, since it wasn't that far away. Changjo had reluctantly agreed to that. He didn't like the idea of intruding people's space. And he didn't like going to Ricky's poor old grandmother and eat cake there. It just... sounded so rude to him.

Ricky held the door open to Changjo and welcomed him to his home.

“Halmeoni”, he shouted. “I brought a friend over!”.
“Arraseo, I'll be there in a minute”, the old lady replied and quickly got up from the living-room floor. With her, walked Chanyeol and surprisingly enough, Eunhee.
The three stood in a very funny line, from shortest to tallest. In which Ricky's grandma was the shortest, and Chanyeol the tallest. He wasn't much taller than Changjo, but there was a difference between them.

“Annyeonghaseyo”, Changjo said and bowed deeply before them. “Joneun Changjo-imnida”.
Eunhee wrinkled her nose. “Ugh, it's the brat”.
“Aigoo... so tall”, his grandmother said.
“What's up, I'm Chanyeol. Nice to meet ya”, Chanyeol said and greeted Changjo in a very... American style. He grabbed the boy's hand and bumped his shoulder into his.
“It's Changjo's birthday, so we got a cake”, Ricky said and held up the box. “Let's celebrate him!”.

It didn't take the old lady much time to get the table set, she loved cake and parties. But Ricky could tell she felt a little bad since she had nothing to give him.

“Since Eunhee's on a diet, only we will be eating”, she said and pointed at the table in the kitchen. “Sit down”.
The three boys sat down by the table; the Chan-boys sat together, and Ricky sat down by his grandmother who unboxed the cake and cut it in equal sizes. When she placed it on the table, did Ricky notice a small smile onto Changjo's lips.
Everyone, except for Changjo, stood up and sang for him. Ricky and his grandmother sang pretty much in tune, but Chanyeol just went crazy and sounded more like a whale than a human. That made the smile on Changjo's lips to broaden.

“Thank you, so much”, he said. “Please, eat and enjoy the cake”.
“Oh we will”, Chanyeol replied and finished his bite in only a couple of seconds. “I'll go to bed now. Nice meeting ya, Changjo”.
Changjo looked up from his cake and nodded. He was about to swallow and say something back, but the tall boy had already left the kitchen.

“So, how old are you now, Changjo-ssi?”, the old lady asked and stabbed her cake with the spoon.
“17”, he said and smiled at her. “Just like Ricky”.
“I see”, she said and returned the smile. “Do you also go to Busan High?”.
“Ani”, he said. “I go to Kyungnam High School. It's nothing special, I learn everything I need to know”.
The lady nodded.

“Kyungnam... I don't think I know anyone who goes there”, Ricky said when he had finished the cake, a minute after the two others.
“Well, you know me”, Changjo jokingly said. “I should probably go now. It's already late, and I don't want to keep you up. Thank you for having me here, ahjumma-nim”.
“Ani-ya. It was very nice having you here, Changjo-ssi. You can come whenever you want to in the future”.
“Kamsahamnida”, Changjo said and bowed with his head.

Ricky smiled at the two and offered to walk Changjo to the door. After seeing him off, did his stomach turn and he slapped both of his hands over his face.

“OH MY GOD, L.JOE!”.