D-Day

Hyung... saranghaeyo!

Ricky's POV

As the rest of the week float by, Ricky grew more and more nervous. Not only was it going to be his first time alone with L.Joe - but he was actually going on his first date! What were they going to talk about? What were they going to do? What would Ricky wear?! 

He looked at the text in his cellphone and felt his cheeks burn. 'After class, go to the train station. I don't like waiting, so hurry up! /L.Joe'.

Ricky sighed as Mr. Park was teaching things about math. He couldn't believe that the week had gone by so fast. First, he had met with L.Joe and then, all of the sudden, it was the day when he were going out with him! He hadn't told anybody what he had planned. It wasn't because he was going out with L.Joe, nor that he was ashamed - because he wasn't. He wasn't one to judge other people and didn't care if others judged him either. 

"Ricky-yah. Are you free this Saturday?" Eunhee asked him from where she sat on his right, and gently poked his side to get some attention.
Ricky froze and he chuckled nervously. "S-sorry, I already have plans". He left out the part with L.Joe, because she would have asked further questions about it. "Oh... jinja? I have tickets to SM Town's concert..." Eunhee mumbled disappointingly, and looked up under her bangs to see if Ricky had changed his mind.
He hadn't. Instead he shook his shoulders in an apologetic way. Even though he was a huge fan of the groups in SM, he couldn't bail on L.Joe. Beside, he was sure that he would have a lot more fun with the blonde than Eunhee. She had lately been a little too... much. She had done everything to recieve a little of Ricky's attention, and Ricky had gotten a little annoyed with her. 

When the class ended, Ricky was the first one out. He had already asked for Baekhyun to take his things to the dorm. He chuckled goofily where he walked down the hallway and out of the school. 'Anything for L.Joe' he thought and felt his cheeks once again heat up. It always did those things when he thought like a dork. But he didn't care, because it was true. He would do anything for L.Joe. Or, maybe not Anything, but a lot.

He put his hands inside his pockets, and quickened his pace. When there wasn't much walk left, he took out his cellphone and called L.Joe.

"Mm, Ricky" L.Joe answered with a tired voice, after quite some time actually.
"I'm outside. I'll be there in no time" Ricky replied with an exaggerated happy voice. "I'm so excited!".
"You should be. You're going with me, aren't you?" L.Joe grinned on the other line, making Ricky purse his lips into a small pout.
"Yeah, yeah whatever... I'll-".

Before Ricky could finish his sentance, a tall man bumped into him, making him fall to the ground and land on his bum. The man chuckled and went down on his knees, revealing his face. Ricky inhaled and stared frightening into the dark eyes.

"Annyeong Ricky" The man said and pulled Ricky up by grabbing his collar. "Long time no see, eh? You healed up quite quickly, didn't you?".
"P-please le-let me g-go" Ricky stuttered and looked with tearful eyes at the man, who just grinned amusingly.
"You wish, huh?" The man snickered and then turned serious. 
Ricky saw how the man let go of his collar with one hand, and tightened it into a fist, ready to smash into Ricky's face. He shut his eyes, and waited for the hand to hit him. But when it didn't, and he fell to the ground instead, he looked up. Surprise hit him when he saw that L.Joe had come, and stared icyly at the man, who stuttered out an apology.

"Leave" L.Joe hissed between his teeth, and earned an ninety degree bow and the man to leave without any hesitation. "He didn't hurt you, right?".
Ricky swallowed and looked up at the blonde, who in Ricky's eyes were more of a knight in shining armor than a kingka. "N-nde".
"Then get up. You're getting dirty" L.Joe sighed and helped Ricky up.
He brushed off the dirt on Ricky's clothes, including his bum and then started to walk back to the train station. "T-thank you".
"Don't mention it. Come one, our train's here".
Ricky gulped and walked a few meters away from L.Joe, with his head facing the ground. When neither of them spoke up about the incident, Ricky sighed. He shouldn't have left the school. Yet, L.Joe had helpt him. He had said a few words that made the intrudor leave without any sign of hesitation. Was L.Joe really just a kingka, or was he something more? Maybe some kind of gangster leader? Or... no, he didn't look like that kind of guy. What was L.Joe and what had he done to earn such respect?

"Are you going to stare at me til the ride is over?" L.Joe sighed and finally broke the silence, and Ricky's deep thoughts.
He shook his head and smiled reasuringly towards the blonde. "A-ani. I just... I'm really thankful for what you did. I don't know how to make it up to you".
L.Joe nodded slowly and rose an eyebrow. "You don't have to do anything. As soon as you change your hairstyle, I'm happy. You thought of how you want it?".
"Mmh..." Ricky said with a sigh and shook his head. "Honestly... I couldn't think of anything beside the fact that I was going to be with you".
L.Joe blinked, and gave Ricky a look of both surprise and disbelief. But after just a few seconds, he smirked and folded his arms over his chest, leaned back in the seat the opposite side of Ricky and nodded. "Ofcourse you was. I'm not a kingka for nothing".
Ricky rolled his eyes, but smiled. "Yeh".
"No but really, why couldn't you think of anything but me? Because of our... kiss?" L.Joe asked, and leaned closer to whisper the last word, and ended it with a cute wink, that made Ricky's heart flutter.

A blush crept up on Ricky's cheeks, and he swallowed. "Honestly... yes".
L.Joe snickered and slowly tilted his head to the side, still wearing the mocking, yet unbelievably hot smirk. "Well... you kissed me, so it only makes sense that I kiss you too".
Ricky widened his eyes and stared at L.Joe. "M-mbo?!"
"Yup. So, wait for it, Ricky" L.Joe grinned and ran his thumb over his lower lip, taking y to another level, Ricky thought and gulped one more time. "Oh, we're getting off here. Let's go~"

Ricky watched stunned as L.Joe rose from his seat and walked up to the doors, that opened up. L.Joe turned around to see if Ricky was after him, and sighed.
"Come on!".
Ricky nodded and quickly walked up from his own seat and followed L.Joe. The blonde snickered when he arrived, and interlaced his fingers with Ricky's. Surprised, Ricky stared at L.Joe, who smiled evilly and walked on, without looking back at Ricky. 
A warm feeling spread itself inside Ricky and he felt happiness taking over. He blushed where he walked, and chatted cheerfully with L.Joe on their way to the hairsalon that L.Joe had told him about. 

Apparently, he knew someone who worked there and got any cut- or change of haircolor for free. Even though it seemed a little wierd, Ricky had agreed to go there. If it was for free, then there was no thinking twice. He'd just do it. But how should he change his hair? He really liked it the way it was now...

"Here we are" L.Joe said and stopped just outside a huge salon. 
It was glass doors, so that you could see inside. And from the looks of it, it was one of those really, REALLY expensive ones that Ricky couldn't even dream of going to. 
"B-but L.Joe-ssi, I-I don't think we can go here... it's too expensive" Ricky muttered and turned to L.Joe and pouted. "Let's just go somewhere else...".
"Didn't I say it was free? Since it's me, and my friend, they won't even bring up the topic. Now, come on. I already made an appointment for us".
"Us?".
L.Joe sighed and nodded. "Yes, US. You know you plus me equals us".

Ricky felt his cheeks heat up once again, and he looked away from L.Joe. When he didn't say anything back, L.Joe dragged him inside and walked up to the cashier.

"Yo" He said and greeted a black haired boy with red highlights. 
The boy glistened up and smiled broad towards L.Joe. "Hyung! Are you back so soon?! Wah, you don't even need to come here... you look great no matter what!".
"Yeah, yeah, whatever... me and Ricky are going to change our hair colour, so..." L.Joe sighed, but got cut off by the younger who now had noticed Ricky, and burst out.
"OMO! You are so CUTE! Are you friends with Byunghyun hyung?! Aigoo, neomo kyoptha!".
Ricky chuckled and was just about to bow before the boy, but L.Joe grabbed his wrist and shook his head. "Changjo, I'm going to kill you if you say another word. Just do your god damn job or I'll make sure Chunji fires you. Why are even here in the first place? You have school!".

The boy pouted and wiggled where he stood and then leaned over the cashier and shook his head at L.Joe, and shot Ricky a huge smile.
"Jeonun Changjo imnida! I'm Byunghyun's best friend! And any friend of Byunghyun's, is one of mine! Now, let's get you to our best hairdresser, he's waiting for you!" Changjo exclaimed and then walked out of the little corner and motioned for Ricky and L.Joe to follow him.
L.Joe flicked his tongue in an annoyed way and walked slowly after. Ricky sensed that maybe the black-red haired boy wasn't so close to L.Joe after all. 

"Cutie you sit here, and Byunghyun, you can just read a magazine and Yubin will take care of your friend. -What's your name, by the way?" Changjo said, and smiled at Ricky, who obediently sat down in the chair that Changjo dramatically had pointed at.
"Yoo Changhyun imnida, but you can call me Ricky" Ricky said with a smile, earning a nod from the younger. 
"Arasso. Are you in Byunghyunnie's class?" He asked, and sat down in the chair next to Ricky's, and rolled it around so that he faced Ricky. 

The costumers who were getting a haircut glared the two with annoying looks, but didn't say anything. Ricky chuckled at their reactions and then turned to Changjo as well.

"Not in his class, though we have some classes together. Math and history" Ricky answered, and earned another nod from the younger. 
"And English" L.Joe filled in a little annoyed and sat in on of the sofa's, and stuck out his tongue at their way.
"Oh, keurae? Are you like Byunghyun, a retard who had to re-do his junior year, or are you a normal junior?" Changjo asked, and before they knew it, a magazine came flying their way, and hit Changjo right in the back of his head.
"YAH! Call me retard one more time, and I will cut your tongue out!" L.Joe hissed, earning not only looks from the costumers, but pouts and unaudible comments on how mean he was to the little boy.
"Mianhae-yo hyung! But you are! -Yubin noona! Byunghyun hyung is mean again~".

A tall girl with thick, brown hair and a cute rosy pink dress came walking towards them with a cute smile on her lips. She nodded at L.Joe and then walked up to Ricky, and smiled even wider.

"Annyeong. You must be Ricky, L.Joe's friend. I'm Yubin" She said and then glanced over at Changjo. "Yah, get to the cashier. You're not getting paid for nothing".
Changjo pouted adorably, but obediently walked up and left them alone. 
"Sorry about that, he's a little... too much, sometimes. Anyway... why are you here? You're hair looks awesome-".
"No, it doesn't. Change it. He doesn't know how he want's it, so just... do whatever" L.Joe cut her off and spoke with a monotone voice as he flipped through some pages in another magazine.
Yubin chuckled and looked at Ricky. "I think your hair looks great" She said with a smile and then ran her hand through it, and scraped her nails through his roots, creating goose bumps on his arms. "How about..." Yubin said and whispered the last word, making Ricky smile broad and nod quickly.

"Yenny, prepare Joey's hair for me. I have a huge project here!" Yubin yelled over her shoulder and then went to make the colors. 

L.Joe walked up and sat on the chair next to Ricky's. He gave him a smile, and told him that he used to change his haircolor twice in a month. But that he had liked the blonde, so he had dyed it blonde instead of another color. But now, he had grown tired of it, and needed a change.

"Woah... isn't that too much?" Ricky asked, and imagined how L.Joe would become bald in his late twenties or early thirties. 
"Nah. I don't like being "one of a kind" you know" L.Joe confessed and sighed. "So, what color?".
Ricky chuckled and shook his head. "You'll see later".
L.Joe stuck out his tongue. "I'm sure it's pink or something. I did that last year, and I don't think it'll suit anyone but me".

A few hours later, Yubin had finally finished off with the styling, and looked at Ricky with a huge smile. "Holy macarony, you look like a little baby! Seriously! What do you use for your face?!".
Ricky chuckled and shook his shoulders. "Nothing special. I clean it with water in the mornings and drink a lot of water as well. But I don't see anything wrong with your skin. You look naturally beautiful. I'm sure there's boys' running after you like lost puppies".
Yubin giggled and shook her head. "Nah, I already have a boyfriend, so I don't pay other boys any attention. Well, except for my dongsaengs and my baby purple head L.Joe!".
L.Joe scoffed and clapped his hands together. "Show me Ricky now... we've been here for too long".
Yubin chuckled and turned Ricky around in the chair. He smiled towards the now purple haired L.Joe. His hair made him look like a whole other person, Ricky thought. He looked more like a flower boy than a badass kingka. 

L.Joe smirked and grabbed Ricky by his wrist and pulled him up from his chair. "Much better noona, I'll see you tomorrow. Tell Chunji I said hi, will ya?".
Yubin nodded, and L.Joe ran out with Ricky. 
Ricky pouted, not at all satisfied that L.Joe hadn't commented on his new hair, which in his opinion was freaking too cute! He looked like a giant baby now! He had freaking... 

"Look at us! We look like living icecream's" Ricky whined, which made L.Joe laugh. "It's not funny! People are going to bully me~".
"Nope. Because you're friends with me" L.Joe replied monontely and dragged Ricky with him to a shopping mall. "Okay, now that we've changed your hair... let's get something to eat. I'm kind of hungry...".
Ricky blinked at L.Joe, who locked their hands together and walked in a slow pace through the crowds. "E-eat? What?".
"I would love some barbeque... but I'm guessing you ate in school and aren't that hungry, so let's go to a café".

Ricky bit his lower lip as he knew he didn't have a lot of money to spend on sweets, but he didn't say anything. It was a little embarrasing to let people know about his money-problem. Or, his parents' money problem. 
His grandmother sent him a monthly amount of money, but he hadn't recieved any yet, and the money from the last month was... already gone. 

"What can I get you?" L.Joe asked, as they stopped outside a cute little coffee shop. 
"Nde? Ani! I don't have any money, and I'm fine and-".
"Gee, are you deaf or something? I asked: what can I get you, not what are you having" L.Joe chuckled and hit Ricky on the back of his head.
Ricky blushed and looked shamefully away. "A-ani-ya..." But, he didn't get to finish his sentance, as L.Joe sighed and ordered the things he liked - in porportions a normal person ate for a whole day.

The girl in the cashier gave them a strange look, earning an icy one from L.Joe. The girl gulped and went on with their order. Ricky shot L.Joe a look and then began his sermon on how he couldn't buy so many things. That there were other things, important things, that L.Joe should spend his money on - not cakes and coffee and bubble tea and god knows what more he had ordered.
L.Joe blinked, then chuckled and shook his head.

"It's my money, right?" He began, making Ricky nod. "And I'm older than you, right? Which makes me the one telling you that thing - not the other way around. Beside, I'm hungry. And you need to gain some weight or you'll collapse or something".
"Oh, I need to gain weight? Have you looked in the mirror lately?" Ricky snickered and folded his arms over his chest.
L.Joe smirked. "Last time I checked, I could defend myself better than you".
Auch. Defeated, Ricky sighed and looked down. "Yeah, yeah whatever..."
L.Joe mentally face palmed himself and placed a hand on Ricky's shoulder. "No, that was mean. Sorry. Just... eat, will ya?".

The girl came back with five or six paper bags with the cakes and drinks that L.Joe had ordered. He ran his card and payed for everything - which came up to an amount more than the money his grandmother sent in two months. So, this cafe was an expensive one, he thought and gulped. 
L.Joe grabbed all of them, and nodded to the doors. Ricky offered his help, but only got a comment that 'his arms would break if he did'. He would purse his mouth in an annoying way as he found the purple haired boy slightly annoying and out of porportion stubborn. 

"Where are we going?" Ricky asked, they L.Joe steered to a bus stop. 
"Surprise" L.Joe replied and put down the bags on the ground and fiddled with the many paper bills inside his wallet, that probably was one of a fancy brand or something. 
He held out two twenties to Ricky, and nodded at the bus that stopped in front of them. Ricky nodded, and quickly grabbed two of the bags and went aboard. He payed for two tickets and sat down in one of the empty seats, with L.Joe on the seat opposite to his. 

"Omo, isn't that L.Joe oppa?" Ricky heard some girls whisper from behind, and shot L.Joe a smile, that L.Joe didn't even see as he put down the bags and put down his wallet inside his pocket. 
"Omo, he changed his hair! He looks so handsome!", "I'm going to ask for an autograph!", "Aish, why did he have to sit next to that old man for?!", "Look at him; he's like an angel!".
L.Joe sighed in relief and leaned back into his seat and smiled at Ricky. "What's with the face?".
Ricky stiffened and straightened his back. "No-nothing. Seems like you have fangirls on the bus".
L.Joe chuckled, then raised an eyebrow. "Jealous much?".
"Not a bit".
"My you aren't" L.Joe retorted and glanced at some of the girls that sat on the other side of the bus, and winked at them, earning screams and some more comments. "Hm... one of them was actually kind of cute. Maybe I should get her number".
Ricky's eyes grew darker by the second, and he stared intently at the purple haired boy. "Fine, go. Go ask her. You can go eat all of this with her and her friends instead".
L.Joe cracked up in laughter, and slammed his hands onto his legs as he laughed. The sound of the hands hitting those tiny legs made Ricky pout, why did he have to make such a fuzz about it?!
"Aigoo, mian!".

Ricky turned his head to the window and kept his gaze outside, his mouth tightened into a pout. He didn't care if he looked more like a kid at that moment, he was angry with L.Joe. Not that he had any intention, if he wanted to flirt with girls, why shouldn't he? Ricky sighed, and suddenly felt how a presence very, VERY near him. He turned his head around and felt a gentle pressure against his cheek. 
He looked down and stared into a pair of warm eyes that made his heart skip a beat. He had never seen L.Joe look so... sweet, gentle before. He had somehow given Ricky the impression of being forever cold, arrogant, mean-ish and a mix of brat and moron. But that impression was gone in that moment. 

"Y-yah" Ricky mumbled and saw how the boy left his cheek with a sincere smile over his lips.
"We're here. Come on".

Ricky stared at the boy and watched him stand up, grab the paper bags - uncuding the two Ricky had taken on the bus, and walked out of it. Even though Ricky was in a daze, he actually left the bus as well and hurried after L.Joe.
When he looked around the area, he noticed that they were at the final stop of the bus ride and had come to a somewhat countryside-ish place. There were no skyscrapers in sight, and not even a proper bus station. They were on the top of a mountain or hill, Ricky thought and furrowed his eyebrows together.

"I'll tell you the second we're there. Come on, I'm starving!" L.Joe said and whined like a child as he began to steer his steps even higher up on the mountain.
Ricky shook his shoulders, but obediently followed L.Joe and saw how the ground became sperser til there were tiny, tiny stones he was walking on instead of the solid, gray ground. 

L.Joe sat down on a lonely bench at the very top of the mountain and sighed happily. "Hm... we made it!".
Ricky chuckled and sat down beside the purple haired boy and rubbed his hands together. They had been going for quite some time now, and he had grown a little hungrier than what he was before. Now, he actually wished that L.Joe had bought that barbeque he wanted in the first place.

"Aish... why did we have to go all this way? We could have just eaten in the cafe..." Ricky whined with a low voice and pouted cutely towards L.Joe, who just shook his head and lay out the delicious cakes on the bench between them, which was quite the variety of cookies, cake-pops and cupcakes.
"Because I wanted to be alone with you. I don't like crowds" L.Joe said and grabbed one of the cupcakes, removed the paper around it and ate it whole. "Eat".

Ricky made a face, but took a cakepop and recieved a spoon from L.Joe who was sipping on his coffee. Ricky couldn't help but to smile at the boy, he looked adorable! And with that purple haircolor of his, he looked even cuter. 

Ricky slowly sunk the spoon into the pastry and ate the pink creamy cake and felt how the strawberry jam and whip cream melted on his tongue. 
 
"Woah, this is delicious!" He exclaimed and almost jumped up from his seat. "This is strawberry, right?".
L.Joe nodded, and had another cupcake. Only that one was decorated with white frosting and flowers made of marzipane. Ricky finished the pastry, and had another one and another one after that.
 
"Sorry, I haven't had any suger-ish things in such a long time..." Ricky muttered with his mouth full of a chocolate cupcake. 
"Don't apologize, just eat" L.Joe replied and gave Ricky a mug with bubble tea. "It's good, right?".
Ricky took the cup and sipped on the tea. "Mmh. I'm going to have to do something in return, this was too much".
L.Joe smirked and nodded. "Like what?".
"Hm... I don't know. Maybe we could eat barbeque and you let ME pay for it?" Ricky suggested and chuckled once he had swallowed.
"Can't let you do that, Ricky-ah" L.Joe muttered and put the garbage in one of the now empty paper bags. "You never let the girl pay".

Ricky sighed and shot L.Joe an annoyed eye. He remembered their first meeting and sighed. The kingka had actually thought that he was a god damn girl, and even... it was one of those memories that Ricky had no problem forgetting. Instead of replying, he ignored L.Joe's chuckles and took another delicious cake. 
When they had finished all the delicious things, both of them leaned back on the bench and sighed happily. Without Ricky knowing, L.Joe had jumped a little closer to him, and smiled goofily where he sat and stretched out his both arms, yawned and then rested one over Ricky's shoulders. That, however was something that Ricky did notice. He bit his lips together in an attempt to not burst out in laughter and turned his head towards L.Joe, who looked like he too was on the edge of cracking up.

"Mwo-yah?".
"Nothing, it's just... wierd. You know... two guys. Sitting on a bench. At the top of a mountain. Watching the sunset." Ricky said and felt how butterflies went wild inside his stomach, because even though he did find the situation quite hilarious, he was a er for romantic gestures. 
L.Joe chuckled and was just about to remove his arm, when Ricky leaned his head against his shoulder, and sighed happily. "I like it".
"N-n-neh? Ah, me too" L.Joe stuttered, but then relaxed and smiled. "I really like being with you, Ricky-ah".
A huge smile formed Ricky's lips, and he glanced up to L.Joe. "Really?".
L.Joe chuckled and met with Ricky's eyes, looking with the same warmth in his eyes that he had done on the bus. "Yes, really".

L.Joe then lifted Ricky's head up by gently gripping his chin. For a short while, the two just looked into each other's eyes and enjoyed the silence. Ricky's heart beat hard inside his chest, and without him knowing it, a blush crept up on his cheeks. It then hit him where he sat; he was in love with that boy. 
 

A little longer chapter! :D I was kind of stressed when I wrote it, so it's a little so-so. I hope you guys are... okay with it tho :(
and also, I wanted to thank and welcome my new subbies! :) I was on my phone when I saw that I had gotten myself some new
readers. so, I'm thanking you in the chapter instead ^-^
AND, I did look over at the old chappies that were 'deleted' but I decided not to put them back, as the story has gone on for 
quite a while already. I hope you are fine with it ^^'
(TEHE, gif by me btw~)