Can't you see that I love you?

Hyung... saranghaeyo!

Ricky's POV

Before you knew it, winter break was closing up and the teachers had been given out tons and tons of homework for the students to do. Ricky didn't mind, he actually liked having something to do in his spare time, because it meant that he wasn't thinking of his boyfriend. Whenever he did, people would notice him being distant and smiling all goofily to himself, chuckle at everything people said - and normally, people would like this side of Ricky's, but they soon found it quite annoying. So, Ricky drained himself in the many homeworks his teacher assigned. 
  He sat in the library one day, and read the pages that his history teacher had told them to read. Normally, Ricky would've taken a nap by this early hour and gone to the homework later, but he figured he'd just do them so he could rest later. With him, was Eunhee. 

"Oppa~" She whined, and snapped Ricky out of his reading. He pouted towards her, as he had found a little interest in the birth of humanity. "We've been here for like an hour, and you haven't once dropped that history book of yours. I highly doubt you were suppose to read the WHOLE BOOK".
Ricky blinked, and looked down at the page he was at and gasped. "Omo! I really did read too much... aigoo, mianhae, are you bored?".
She pouted cutely and nodded, making Ricky sigh and close the book. How could he not have looked down at the pages? Stupid...
"Well then, how about a break from studying? We could get some coffee and maybe a little tart?" Eunhee suggested with excitement in her eyes. 

Ricky had lightened up and smiled widely towards the girl, he liked her suggestion and nodded in reply. Ever since his and L.Joe's first date, he had been quite head over heels about any cakes or cookies at all. It did remind him of L.Joe, but he decided that one exception was alright. Beside, he was only doing it because Eunhee had brought it up. Nothing else. 
The two packed down their books in their bags, and then left the library. Since Ricky hadn't been outside the school that very much, he didn't know where the best places were. Eunhee, on the other hand, did. She made a little jump out of excitement when they were officially out of the school. Ricky chuckled over the cute girl, who instantly stopped and blushed as she noticed that Ricky had seen it.

"Why are you blushing? You were adorable just now!" Ricky snickered and friendly put an arm around the girl's shoulders. "But I bet my aegyo is way cuter than yours!".
Eunhee blushed even harder, and pulled away from Ricky. "Oppa~" She whined, and covered her rosy cheeks with her hands. "You're embarrassing me...! And I'm not going to show my aegyo... it's wierd!".
Ricky laughed, and pulled both of his hands in the air, to show that he wasn't going to do that again. "But we're friends, aren't friends suppose to be like that?".
Eunhee made a face, and then shook her head. "People will think we are a couple...".

Ricky raised both his eyebrows, and blinked innocently towards Eunhee. Never had it hit him that being friendly could cause others to think that way about him. His smile faded, and he scratched the back of his head as he walked on. 
An awkward silence fell between Ricky and Eunhee. He didn't know what to say to Eunhee after that, even though he didn't wanted to be seen with her as her 'boyfriend', he was a little heartbroken that she were against being seen with him that way so strongly. 

"Oppa... I didn't mean it like that" Eunhee suddenly murmured, and shot him a regretful look and gently circled her fingers around his wrist. "I really, really didn't mean it".
Ricky gulped and nodded towards her. How could he for a second be mad at her? "It's okay, I understand. After thinking about it, you and I would be quite wierd".
When Ricky wasn't looking, Eunhee shot him a hurt expression. "W-why?".
"Because we're friends" Ricky quickly said, and noticed that she had stopped walking. He turned around, and saw how pale she had gotten. "Eunhee-ah, gwenchana?".
The girl blinked a few times, then shot him a wide smile. "Ah, neh. I just had to think where that place was... it's just around the corner, actually".

Even though Ricky got the feeling that Eunhee wasn't telling him the truth, he didn't say anything. He wasn't one to hover and demand something from people. And from the look of Eunhee, he decided that she'd tell him what troubled her anyway. 

The two arrived at the little cafe that Eunhee had talked about, and Ricky immediately understood why she liked this one the best. It was not a big place, but a smaller with maybe five-six tables inside. The smell of roasted coffee beans hit Ricky, and he smiled. The walls were decorated with a brown color and tiny cherry blossom in a gold. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, what can I get you?" A young man with enormous plumb lips asked, and smiled widely towards Eunhee and Ricky. 
Eunhee smiled back, if only in a way of being polite, then said her order. "A mocha latte and a vanilla cupcake".
Ricky looked at the enormous plate behind the boy where all the prizes and deliciousness stood. He had a hard time deciding what to order, he did have a sweet spot for carrot cake, but then again chocolate cheesecake and blueberry pie did sound pretty tempting as well. 
"Oppa, ppali" Eunhee giggled from his side and rolled her eyes. 
"Arasso..." Ricky murmured and put a finger beside his mouth as he ordered. "I'll have a chai latte and carrot cake, please".
The boy nodded and pressed down the buttons on the cash desk. "That will be 2.99 for the lady and 2.89 for the gentleman-".
"I'll pay for this oppa, you can go choose a table first" Eunhee said, and shot him a smile. "Here you go, keep the change".

Before Ricky could complain, the boy had taken the money from Eunhee and were already on with the coffee. Another worker in the cafe put the cakes on a plate and shot the two a dazzling smile. Ricky took the plate and walked over to a table by the window. He didn't like it that Eunhee had paid for him, because he couldn't tell if it was out of pity or friendship.

"I could have paid..." Ricky said and pouted as she sat down on the chair the opposite side to him. 
She shook her head, and smiled. "I wanted to. Since I chose the place and didn't even listen to you".
Ricky chuckled. "Yah, what kind of excuse is that?".
"And... I wanted to apologize for the misunderstanding earlier. I really, really didn't mean it. Actually... I wouldn't have mind that people thought you were my boyfriend".
Ricky widened his eyes and stared with disbelief and shock at the girl, who blushed in front of him. "M-M-Mwo?".
"Well... there's nothing wrong with you, Ricky-ah. You are... sweet and cute, not only on the outside, but the inside as well" Eunhee confessed, and looked up from the table that she had studied. 
"T-t-thank you?" He replied and gulped, and felt his own cheeks heat up. But he was also touched by her words, and released a little 'Aw'. He then took the girl by her hand, and smiled warmly at her. "You are also sweet and cute, Eunhee-ah. In fact, you are probably the best female friend I have. I'm so happy to have you in my life. I don't know what I'd do if you weren't a part of my life".

Before Eunhee could say something back, the boy came back with their coffee and took his time putting Eunhee's cup on the table. Ricky noticed this, and felt his lips curl into another smile. He must like her, he thought and watched as the boy apologized for being so slow, and then left. 

"Looks like our Eunhee has an admirer" Ricky teased and squeezed her hand. "You should ask for his number".
Eunhee blinked, and raised one eyebrow as if she had no clue what Ricky was talking about. "Neh?".
"I'm a guy, Eunhee" Ricky began and then leaned in. "I can tell when another guy is interested in a girl and when he is too shy to make a move. Help him out, will ya? He seems nice!".

Before Eunhee could say something back, Ricky's phone rang, and he excused himself. Ricky stared lovingly at the display and answered the call the second he had gotten out of the cafe. 

"Nde, jagi?" He answered with a giggle, and tugged on the edge of his school jacket.
"Where are you?" L.Joe replied coldly, making Ricky pout where he stood. 
"I'm out with a friend, wae?" Ricky muttered, dissatisfied that his boyfriend was so cold to him in the phone, while he had been all happy and spoken with a cute voice.
"A girl?".
Ricky furrowed his eyebrows and stared at the phone as if it had turned into a robot or something. "Yeah... how did you know?".
"Because I... because I followed you" L.Joe reluctantly confessed, and gulped. "Why are you with a girl when you are with me, huh?".
Ricky chuckled, and then realized why L.Joe had been the way he had. "We are taking a break from studying. You can join us if you want".
"I want you. Tell her something came up and meet me at the school".
"Yah, I can't do that" Ricky said. "She already paid for my cake and coffee!".
There was a silence, then L.Joe sighed. "Fine. Then I'll do it for you".

Ricky widened his eyes when the call disconnected. He stood outside for a second, then went back in. Eunhee looked at him with curious eyes, and he waved with his hands, telling her that it was nothing. 
He sat down in his chair, and took a long zip of his coffee. Eunhee had already taken a bite of her cupcake, and made low noises when she swallowed. Ricky chuckled, it seemed that the more he was around Eunhee, the cuter she became. 

"Oops, you got a little... uhm, on your lip" Eunhee said, and pointed at Ricky's mouth. 
He wiped it away, and looked back at Eunhee, who sighed and was just about to remove it, when a hand grabbed her wrist. Ricky looked up and gasped when he saw who the person was. Standing by the table was L.Joe, wearing his school uniform and a black leather jacket over the school blazer. He had put on a pair of black sunglasses and tied a navy blue scarf around his neck. And even though Ricky couldn't see L.Joe's eyes, he was sure that they were pinched black and tried to drill a hole through Eunhee's skull at that moment.

"Don't touch him" L.Joe sneered, and pushed her hand away. He stared a little at the girl then smiled at Ricky. "Oh, is that carrot cake?".
He sat down beside Ricky, and took a spoon of the cake, and smiled. Ricky gulped and looked at Eunhee, who wasn't giving L.Joe a kinder look than he had given her. 
"What gives you the right to come and disturb us?" Eunhee hissed between her teeth and folded her arms over her chest..
L.Joe held out the spoon to feed Ricky, but stopped when he heard the girl's words. He removed his glasses and stared intently at her. "What gives You the right to hit on a taken boy?".
"What? Ricky is single. He would have told me if he wasn't" Eunhee scoffed with a 'duh' tone, and rolled her eyes in annoyance. 
"Sorry hunny, but this princess is mine. Go get your own" L.Joe muttered under his breath, in a voice too low for anyone to hear. "I'm taking Ricky with me, by the way. So, you have fun on your own".
"No, you're not" Eunhee retorted and grabbed Ricky's wrist. "Ricky is staying here, with me".

Ricky sighed and then stood up. He knew that Eunhee didn't like L.Joe, but her attitude was being a little too much, even for her. L.Joe smirked, and rose up too. 

"Mianhae, I already promised L.Joe to go out with him" Ricky excused himself, then walked out of the cafe. 
L.Joe's smirk widened, and he leaned closer to Eunhee and stuck out his tongue before he too left the cafe. And the second he did, he snuck his fingers around Ricky's and leaned closer to him. 
"You've got to admit though... that cake was gross. Hyung will take you to a much better place than that" He said with a cute voice, making Ricky smile. "Don't go out with her again. I don't like her".
Ricky sighed, but nodded. "Arasso... next time, I will call you first".
"That's my princess!" L.Joe replied high-pitched and kissed Ricky's hand. "Okay... I need to color my hair again. I miss being blonde".

Back at the cafe, Eunhee sighed heart brokenly and pulled her cup of coffee away, and grabbed her bag, and rose from the chair. 
'Aish Ricky... why can't you see that I love you?' She thought, and felt her eyes getting a little teary. She swallowed, and picked her phone up. The background picture made her smile, as it was a picture of Ricky when he had just arrived at the school. Ever since she first saw him, she had liked him. And when he was being kind to her, the liking had grown into something more. And she was not going to let a douche like L.Joe destroy her chances on being with the one she loved. No. Way.

 


 

So, I decided to put a little more Eunhee in the story, since she has quite the role in my head... ;)
(for you who don't know who tha girl in the pic is, it is ulzzang Song Ah Ri aka
Eunhee)

Are you guys happy about the update, by the way? ^-^ Was it good? :D
LOOK AT ZE FRONTPAGE BYTHEWAY, NEW POSTER! :O