I need you here; always

Hyung... saranghaeyo!

["Trap" - Henry ft. Taemin & Kyuhyun]  ["Bad Girl" - Bumkey ft. E-Sens]


Before their lips could even touch, came something rather natural in between and made both of them back away. A violent sneeze from Ricky broke the intensity of their eyes and he thanked the lord for stopping what could have happened in time. He saw Changjo as a friend, and a friend only. Though he was sad and heartbroken and could've taken an advantage of the boy's liking to him, he didn't. There was some lingering feelings inside of him that belonged to L.Joe, and L.Joe only.
A cuss left the other boy's lips and he blushed before he turned around, making it obvious that he didn't like the situation.

“I'm sorry”, Ricky whispered and wrapped his arms around the boy's body and let out yet another sneeze. “You're not going to like this, but I think I'm sick”.

He was surprised himself for being so... completely off topic. It was as if his brain had taken a huge note of his feelings and decided before him that he was not going to talk about the almost-kiss. Changjo let out a sigh of relief and turned around and gave Ricky a sheepish smile.

“You need warmth. Put the duvet over your body and watch some TV”, Changjo said in an attempt to sound friendly. But it failed and Ricky could sense both disappointment and sadness within his husky voice.
It saddened him, because he could never love Changjo. Even though his heart was aching, it still belonged to L.Joe. Even if he wanted to change that, he couldn't.
He sighed and turned his body around so he wouldn't have to look at the miserable figure of Changjo. He didn't know what to say to him, it was too awkward. Beside, what could he possibly say? If he were to mention the “accident” earlier, then he'd have to reject Changjo.

Time didn't pass by quickly, that was for sure. After twenty minutes had Ricky turned around at least fifty times. Somewhere during those minutes, had Changjo excused himself to go to the bathroom and once he came back, had he checked up on Ricky before he left the room.
It wasn't much of a relief to be alone, but it felt somewhat more comfortable. As if he could finally breathe again.


Image
 

The sound of a door opening made Ricky open his eyes to see what was going on. He had fallen asleep during his deep thinking and complete boredom and had finally woken up – seven hours later.

Changjo noticed and kneeled down by the bed and looked at Ricky.

“How are you feeling?”, he asked with a gentle voice. His eyes looked at Ricky, as if he was searching for any trace of illness. It made him smile.
“I'm much better now. All I really needed, was some sleep. Thank you”, he said with a dark, morning voice. “Where'd you go?”.

Changjo blinked a couple of times and then pointed at the door and then himself. “U-uhm. I went for a run. Gotta, you know, stay fit”.
The chuckle wasn't very convincing, but Ricky was too tired to ask for the real reason and he was sure it wasn't of any importance anyway.
He pushed himself up and stretched out his arms in the air. He was still wearing the white robe from yesterday, which at first made Ricky hesitant of where he had gotten it. But, the memory popped up almost immediately and he let out an “Oh”.

“There's breakfast in the restaurant if you're hungry”, Changjo said and sat down on the bed beside Ricky. “Also. Your clothes came this morning. I put them in the bathroom, so you can just go inside and change whenever you're ready”.
Sweet, Ricky thought and nodded at the boy. “Thank you”.

He hopped down from the bed and walked over to the bathroom, where indeed, his clothes laid in a neatly pile on the toilet. He looked over his shoulder before he shut the door and locked it. The blue jeans and gray t-shirt gave off a nice scent of lavender, which reminded him of the times L.Joe and him had gone out and he had put on other clothes than the school uniform. It had the same scent, Ricky thought and grabbed the shirt and pressed it against his face to take a deep sniff.

“L.Joe-yah...”, he whispered and felt himself getting teary again. “Is it weird for me to miss you like this?”.



 



 

(FIVE DAYS AGO)
L.Joe frustratingly blew out air as Chunji shakily rose from the stool to finally get home. His options were pretty limited; he could either follow Chunji home and make sure he got home safely, or he could get him a cab and go home. Or, he could just dump that drunken bastard and leave him all alone.

“Ahjumma”, Chunji shouted and waved with both of his arms in the air to get some attention from the older lady who owned the noodle stand. “I'll take ooooneee more bottle of soju... TO GO!”.
“Aish...”, L.Joe muttered and walked up to the blonde boy and grabbed him by his wrist and yanked him out of the noodle stand.

He had chosen the first option to walk Chunji home. It wasn't too far, but it'd be nicer to take a cab to the boy's place, but the driver would most probably kick them out. Chunji didn't have a high alcohol tolerance and judging from his experience with him, it wouldn't take long until he threw up.

“You're suuuuch a nice chinguu, Hunniee-yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!”, Chunji screamed and laughed. “Buuut, a best friend... would give HIS best friendeu... a piggyback! Whaddaya think, Byunghun oppaaaaaa?”.
L.Joe stared at his friend with disbelief and shook his head. “Damn you, Lee Chanhee! Why'd you have to drink so much for?!”.
Instead of sobering up, did Chunji just crack up in laughter. “Because I lub you, pabo. Do you want a kiss, oppa?”.

It only got more and more awkward for L.Joe, as the people around him eyed him with something... very mean and disgusted. Half of the times that he noticed the people's eyes, did he snarl at them to mind their own damn business. He hated how people judged you so easily and Chunji being all drunk and not so very caring of his surroundings or how he acted. Normally, would L.Joe be the same, but he knew how the people talked and spread rumors that weren't true.

“Are you not going to kiss me?”, Chunji said with a tight pout and wiggled with his whole body. “Hm?”.
L.Joe sighed and gave the drunken boy a smack on the back of his head. “No, moron, I am not going to kiss you. Keep it down, Chunji”.

The blonde stopped and turned around. He looked directly at L.Joe, his eyes coated with tears. You could tell from a long distance that this kid had had too many drinks, which saddened L.Joe, because this was not the Chunji he knew. He either smiled or sprouted nonsense.

“Wae?”, he sighed and looked away.
“I feel bad for you, oppa”, Chunji slurred and reached out his hand to touch his cheek.
L.Joe was about to push him away, but held himself back. Why would Chunji say that, he wondered. If it was one thing he knew about Chunji, it was the fact that he only spoke the truth when he was drunk. He'd even confess things that L.Joe wouldn't have any idea about.

“Why do you feel bad about me?”, he asked and stared at the blonde who ruffled his hair before tears slid down his eyes. “C-chunji, why are you crying?”.
“Ricky is using you, oppa!”, Chunji exclaimed and fell down on his knees to let out a heavy sob. “He's actually not into you at all, oppa... he... he likes Changjo. They knew each other from before, Changjo told me. And Ricky came up with a plan to lure you and use you and Changjo even agreed and oppa, I'm not lying right now. I love you and I can't keep this to myself and see you all lovestruck and head over heels for someone that obviously don't feel the same. Oppa, I love you. Love me back, oh? We can be together forever. I've never stopped loving you and even though you are in denial right now, we'll make it work”, Chunji slurred out and laid himself down on the ground to touch the ground. “Wow... this is so soft. Feel this, oppa. It's soooooooo funny!”.

L.Joe widened his eyes and blinked a couple of times. What? That had to be a lie, he thought and shook his head. Ricky loved him, for crying out loud! They'd been together for a long time and every time they were together, could he feel the love radiating from him.
Yes, Chunji was just trying to confuse him. Being all drunk and all.

“Yes, the ground is very soft, Chunji”, L.Joe said with his teeth gritted together.
He had to ask him more about Ricky. He didn't really believe in Chunji, but he couldn't be too sure.

“Hey, Chunji. Do you know anything more about Ricky that I don't?”, he asked him and pulled the boy up on his feet.
Like a child, did he whine and pointed at the ground. “Popo!”, he screamed and pointed at his own cheek. “I'll tell you everything if you kiss me. Right heeeere!”.
“I'm not going to kiss you, idiot. Come on, tell me”, L.Joe said, his voice coming off very annoyed.
Chunji made a childish sound and folded his arms over his chest. “Ani-yah! Nappeun namja!”.

Before L.Joe could sigh and grab a hold of the man and shake him until he sobered up, if just a little, did Chunji start running down the street, while “singing” to IU's “Good Day”. The guy shakily screamed the three high notes in the song and L.Joe feared that that pretty little face of Chunji would explode, because heck, it turned red mid-through the 2nd high note.


“I sing better than IU unnie, don't I?!”, Chunji chuckled and jumped up and down in excitement. He looked around and let out a playful laugh before he jumped up in L.Joe's arms. “Chunji's too tired to walk more. Be my prince charming!”.


L.Joe rolled his eyes and gave the taller boy a look that he thought spoke his mind, which was to get the heck down. And that now.
Before he could open his mouth and tell Chunji to let go of him, had he wrapped his arms around L.Joe's neck and pushed his lips hard onto his cheek.

“Tehe! I kissed you first, oppa!”, the guy cheered and hopped down. “I'll tell you... EVERYTHING, when we get home. Piiinky promiseu!”.
L.Joe wiped away the saliva from his cheek and nodded at Chunji. And why, was that egg head his friend, again?


 

Image


After what felt like three hours, had the two finally reached Chunji's house. L.Joe opened it and wrinkled his nose to see that it looked exactly like his room in the boarding school. He sincerely wondered if there was something wrong with Chunji, because heck, this couldn't be healthy...

“Mmkay, now Ricky”, Chunji slurred and fell over his own feet and onto his stomach. “Hehehe, that was fun”, he chuckled from the floor.

L.Joe sighed and stepped over Chunji's body, not at all feeling like helping him up. He had annoyed him enough already.

“I heard Changjo talk to someone on the phone”, Chunji said and pulled his elbows up so he laid more comfortably. Sure enough had he scratched his chin, L.Joe thought but didn't say anything.
“Changjo talked on the phone, then what?”.
Chunji tapped on his lower lip and then chuckled. “When he left, I took his phone and went through his messages. And then I found a conversation with Ricky, that seemed a little too lovey dovey. Also!”, he said and yawned. “I followed Changjo the day we were suppose to meet up and go shopping. Like, the whole day. He was with Ricky. And Ricky was being ALLLLLL loveydovey with him. Having his head against his arm, sharing food and drinks. Then when Changjo mentioned you, Ricky was all; meh, L.Joe who, almost. And that's when I knew he wasn't being sincere with you”.

L.Joe felt how his heart just fell inside his chest. It couldn't be true, he thought. It was all probably a mistake. Chunji had just seen things and made a big deal about it.
He was going to have to talk to Ricky about it, he thought and nodded. He smiled at Chunji and walked up to him.

“Thanks for telling me. I appreciate you concerning about me, I really do”, he said and then grabbed a hold of the boy's hair and yanked him down on the floor. “If you're lying, then don't consider me as a friend anymore”.

Before Chunji could protest, had L.Joe walked out of the house and hurried down the street. Yes, he was going to have a normal conversation with Ricky about it.


 




(BACK TO NOW)
Sunshine filled the room L.Joe had claimed his. He laid on white couch at a place that to him was unfamiliar, but he had no idea as he was busy trying to escape the strong sun rays.

He covered his face with both of his hands and let out groans of annoyance, he wasn't ready to get up and face the world yet. But it soon got to him that he had slept for too long if the sun was already up.

“ it...”, he muttered to himself and removed his hands and stared straight up at the ceiling. He raised an eyebrow as he noticed it wasn't painted white, but... pink?
L.Joe jumped up in a sitting position and pulled both of his hands to his face as he looked around. The closet... was pink, so was the chairs and... everything was... pink.

“Omo! Oppa! You're up!”, a high pitched voice shouted and he soon felt arms around his neck.
He coughed and pushed whatever it was off of him. It soon appeared a girl that landed on her bum on the floor. After taking a closer look, did he widen his eyes and he gaped.

“WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING IN YOUR ROOM HYUNA?!”.
The girl just chuckled and gave him a sweet smile. “That hurt, oppa”, she said and pinched his cheek before sitting down on the couch beside him. “My oppa and I found you yesterday in a park. You were so drunk and soaked in water. So, my oppa and I took you here to get some sleep and maybe sober up. My oppa is making breakfast right now, actually. But he's a little bit stingy, after you know... the punch you gave him”.

L.Joe felt an explosion of memories of the other night pop up inside of his head and he smacked his hand on his forehead and let out a scream. Never before, had he suffered from such a strong headache before.

“Mm, I figured you'd be hung over after That night”, Hyuna giggled and pinched his cheek again. “My oppa's making–”
“Shut. The. . Up”, L.Joe hissed between his teeth. “You talking isn't making me feel any better”.
She just shrugged and hopped down from the couch. “It's right outside here. Come out when you're ready. Oh, and my oppa let you borrow his t-shirt. It's on the bed. See you soon, L.Joe oppa!”.

L.Joe his lips and grabbed a pillow from the floor and buried his head in it, and once he had, did he scream his lungs out. He squirmed like a fish and hit himself hard on the head.
How could he be so stupid... and go out drinking like that? It was school; not that he minded skipping a day or two, but still. And he... had ended up at the girl he hated the most in this world's house. What were the odds?
As he removed the pillow from his face he noticed something that made him throw the pillow across the room. It was a freaking picture of him and Hyuna kissing. What?! Who does that?!

“Hyunseungie oppa! Open your mouth so I can feed you this delicious bibimbapie rollie”. A super sweet and probably drunken Hyuna said from outside the room.
“Yah, Kim Hyuna”, a male voice said. “Are you using aegyo on me right now? It's not working. I'm still mad at you...”.
“Aish, oppaaa! Don't you know that you're the only one on my mind? Oh?”.
“Only one on my mind?! Then what's with the pillows, photos, blankets, toothbruses and I don't even know what, WITH THAT GUY'S FACE ON IT?!”.
“Oppa... that was before! I'm going to give them all to him, I've just been busy with other things, oppa...”.

L.Joe raised an eyebrow. Yeah, he was not going to leave this room until those two had made up.

“Really? You're giving them to that guy?”.
“I am! And his name is L.Joe op- his name is L.Joe!”.
“Were you going to say 'L.Joe OPPA'?!”.
“A-ani-yah oppa! You're my only oppa!”.

If they ever did make up, L.Joe thought and puffed his cheeks up with air. What could he possibly do for the next... hour or two? He looked around the room and found nothing but... extremely girly things. He bit his lips together and tip-toed to the door. He peeked outside and felt his jaw drop to the floor.
On the kitchen island laid Hyuna with some guy on top of her, both of them making out intensely.

“Hate to disturb you guys, but uhm...”, he coughed and saw the guy leave Hyuna's lips and stare at him with something murderously.
That's when he noticed a clear, dark circle around one of his deadly eyes.
“Y-you know what? Continue. I'll... leave. R-right now”, he stuttered and hurried up to the door and grabbed his shoes on the go.

He was not going to stay at that madhouse for even a second more than he had to.