The Way You Make Me Melt (넌 너무 야해)

Hyung... saranghaeyo!

Walking hand in hand felt better than Ricky had ever imagined. He had held hands with L.Joe many times before, but with the romantic atmosphere and the comfortable silence between it was all so perfect and special.

Despite the late night, were neither of them tired or sleepy. The happiness inside them brought some excitement in them. L.Joe smiled all while having Ricky so close to him.

“This is so nice”, he whispered suddenly and squeezed Ricky's hand. “You have no idea how long I've wanted to just do this – hold your hand and just walking”.
Ricky bit his lip to not crack up in a wide smile. He was touched by L.Joe's words and couldn't have said it in any better way than the latter had already done.
“I've missed you. Ever since that... horrible thing, it felt as though my heart was scattered and I was incomplete”, he said honestly and nodded slowly.

Before neither of them knew it, had their school come in view. Neither of them wanted to say goodnight quite yet, it was all written in their eyes. L.Joe pouted and then his lower lip.

“Why don't we go for another round? I'm to worked up and energized to even thing of sleeping”, he suggested and received a quick nod from Ricky.
“There's a playground not far from my grandma's house. How about we go there?”, Ricky said and pointed down the street where his grandmother's house was.

L.Joe nodded and the two kept walking. Only this time, had L.Joe snuck his arm around Ricky's shoulders and Ricky had his arm loosely wrapped around his boyfriend's waist.

“So... the new roommates of yours”, L.Joe began with an almost suspicious tone lingered around his sweet, loving voice. “Do you like them?”.
Ricky chuckled with a hoarse voice and shrugged. “They're nice. I think Joon, the dark haired guy that clung onto Kevin all day, has a thing for him. I think it's sweet, but Kevin is just as straight as a ruler, so it'll be hard for Joon”, Ricky began and laughed at the memory of Joon feeding Kevin. “And Ken, the blonde guy, is a bit of a mystery. He's very funny and kind and he's doing his best to be friends with Joon. And since Joon only has eyes for Kevin, he's trying harder. But they're good. Both of them”.
L.Joe rolled his eyes. “Mm-hm, but that wasn't what I meant”.
“Aish, pabo, of course I don't like them like THAT! How could I when I'm in love with you?!”, Ricky almost screamed and stared at his snickering boyfriend. “W-why are you laughing?”.
“I'm enjoying your mental breakdown, princess”, he grinned and planted a soft kiss on his cheek. “I know you don't like neither of them like that... they're too tall for your liking”.

 

At that comment, Ricky wanted to jokingly say he didn't mind people being tall, but that would be a complete lie as he did mind people being tall. Especially taller than him, which seemed to be quite the trend lately.
Instead, he pouted and hit L.Joe on the arm.

They reached the playground, that was empty and free from crying, screaming and laughing children. It wasn't very impressive, it had three swings, an old slide with the red color cracked and gave it an old feel. It was almost a bit scary on the playground, there was only one lamp by the old, white painted fence that surrounded it.

“Let's go to the swings”, Ricky said in a childish tone and ran up to the swings and called dibs on the one in the middle.

L.Joe just laughed at his baby-like boyfriend and slowly walked up to the swings with a playful expression over his face.

“Are you happy?”, he asked Ricky with a vague smile on his lips.
Ricky swung back and forth in a slow pace and nodded at his boyfriend. “Mm. Since I'm here with you, I am”.
L.Joe snickered and looked up at the sky that was decorated with millions and millions of sparkling stars. Ricky followed his boyfriend's eyes and felt his smile widen. Yes, he was happy.

 

“Are you happy?”, he asked curiously and felt his hand being gripped gently. He looked down at his hand and saw that L.Joe had entwined their hands together.
“I was going to say something really cheesy, but decided not to”, he laughed and nodded at Ricky. “I'm very happy, too”.

 

The two boys awkwardly laughed. Though L.Joe wasn't normally thinking about what he said, but just said whatever was on his mind, had his comment enough impact on both of them. It then hit Ricky that he didn't need someone to say sweet, lovely things to him all the time. When L.Joe did, he truly meant it.

 

“Back to those guys... I'm pretty sure “Ken” and “Joon” aren't their real names. I'm not going to call them by their nicknames, since we're not close. So, what's their real names?”, L.Joe asked and gently his thumb over Ricky's hand.
He chuckled and rolled his eyes. “Ken's real name is Lee Jaehwan and Joon's name is Lee Changsun. I think they'd appreciate if you called them–”, before Ricky could finish his sentence had L.Joe nodded and said that yes, he would call them Jaehwan and Changsun.
“But hyung”, Ricky whined.
“I'm going to make it so awkward for them when we meet”, L.Joe said with an evil laugh.

 

The two boys shared a laugh and enjoyed being together for an hour or so, until L.Joe decided that it was time for them to head back to the school. With their hands entwined and Ricky's head leaned against L.Joe's shoulder, and his slightly tilted against Ricky's, everything was perfect.
Until suddenly, L.Joe brought up the Changjo-situation.

 

“I don't know what happened between you guys... or well, I do, but you know”, L.Joe began with a monotone voice. “Maybe you should talk”.
Ricky stiffened at the mere mention of the boy that had grown to be his best friend in only a few days. He his lips and then shook his shoulders.
“I really like how things are right now. If I talk to him, then it's only a matter of time before things are back to what they were. I really, really don't want that”, Ricky confessed, his voice coming out way more stern than he had intended. He hadn't meant for his anger to go out on L.Joe, and for that, he squeezed the boy's hand. “For now, all I want is you”.

 

L.Joe smiled and planted a kiss on the top of Ricky's head. Then, the two carried on the walk to their school. They bid their farewells at the staircase, and Ricky walked to his dorm.

Inside the dorm, sat Chansung, Kevin and Joon in the living rroom. It seemed as though the three were studying, when really, they were waiting for Ricky. The second the door opened, were all attention on the said boy and he blushed.

“H-hey”, he said and removed his sneakers and put on a pair of slippers. “What's up?”.
Kevin rose from the couch and gave Ricky a friendly smile. He then hurried up to him and placed both of his hands on his shoulders and widened his eyes, into a firm look.

“Please, tell Lee Changsun that I am not, even the slightest, into boys. For almost two hours has be gone on and on, harassing me. And I've had enough”, he said, his teeth gritted. It was the first time Ricky had seen Kevin so upset. Aside from the time he fought with Baekhyun.
He chuckled nervously and tilted his head to the side to look at Joon, who just grinned.

“It's true what he says, Joon-ah”, Ricky said and heard a slap.
Joon let out a silent scream and Chansung laughed hysterically. “Told you! So back off, or else Suzy will come and hit your harder than I did. And on the cheek, not the thigh”.
Joon bit back a sassy reply and dramatically left the room. Chansung followed him and jokingly made comments about him crushing on a straight guy.

Ricky and Kevin sighed and exchanged looks only the two of them understood.
“I'm so glad school's over soon”, Kevin said, his voice filled with relief. “I'm going to meet my friends in USA and we're going to have so much fun”.
“Who's your best friend in USA?”, Ricky asked curiously as they walked to their shared room.
“His name is Eli. We've been friends for forever”, Kevin said with a sweet smile. “He's the one beside me on my background pic”, he said and held up his phone to show two handsome males on each side of Kevin. All of them the same length. Of course.

 

“That's Eli and that's AJ. We grew up together. And then I moved here, and met Baekhyun and all of that. I think I haven't met or seen them in a year. It's really weird, not seeing the people you're closest to in such a long time”, Kevin said and laughed. He then slipped down on his bed and sighed. “Tomorrow is the last day... I can't believe how quick this year went by”.
Ricky felt a little bad for Kevin, even though he had had Baekhyun, he had left to fulfill his dream. It really must've been hard for him to be away from them, he thought.

“Yeah. It's insanse”, Ricky agreed and sat down on his bed. He let out a yawn and then went to brush his teeth and changed into his pink dotted pajama.
“Good night Kevin”.

There was no reply, which Ricky rolled his eyes at and then fell into a deep sleep. He dreamed about L.Joe in a shining armor, who rode on a white horse over a large field of sun flowers. He looked so handsome and brave and the horse was so cute.
Prince L.Joe then turned around so Ricky could see his face. Just like in the movies, was there a cool breeze that flew past him as he did. He smiled warmly and lovingly at Ricky and then waved his hand.

“I finally found my princess”.


 




   

Let's love Lee Joon forever, nae? *.* Also, for all of you that got a little confused with Ken, it's our beautiful vocalist from VIXX, Lee Jaehwan. 
/ unfortunately, they won't be making many appearances in the future. *bows*
also, I'm sorry for the shorter chapter. *bows again*
xx eunah