Look at me now

Hyung... saranghaeyo!

 

Ricky's POV
 

Ricky tilted his head slightly to the side as a confused expression spread itself over his face. The sight in front of him was the cause for him to do so, who wouldn't be confused if their boyfriend hugged a girl? A girl that he knew for certain was one that hated him with every little beat of her heart.

His hand made it's way up to the back of his head and nervously scratched it. For a short moment, he could have sworn that he saw pain in L.Joe's eyes, but he didn't have the nerve to ask why or if that was it. Instead, he waited for him to say something first. Which the blonde did, with a sad smile over his lips, that seemed to be an attempt to be a both convincing one and a honest one. But Ricky saw right through it and took one step back.

“What's... going on?”.
The question that slipped out of his lips was said with a shaky voice. L.Joe's eyes widened a little over the question, and an eyebrow raised itself just a little.
“Neh? Ah, that. She... was sad. And I tried to comfort her” He answered with a small, slightly more sincere smile and reached out his hand to Ricky. “Are you up for a game in the arcade?”.
Ricky shone up like a sun and grabbed his boyfriend's hands without any further hesitation and smiled widely. That small confusion of his was gone with the wind, he only needed an explanation and a smile from L.Joe, that was all it took for him to retrieve his happiness. For that moment, at least.

L.Joe squeezed Ricky's hand, almost forcing him to chuckle nervously. But that chuckle was quickly strangled as L.Joe made a quick, smooth movement with his arm and snatched Ricky closer to him and closed the gap between them, and locked lips with him.
With widen eyes, did Ricky look at his boyfriend, but he couldn't stop the butterflies that flew crazily inside his stomach. Instead, he added a little pressure to the kiss and tilted his head just a little to the side and let his hands to make their way up to L.Joe's neck and rest around it.
It wasn't the best of timings, Ricky thought, but at the same time, it wasn't the worst either. He had known about L.Joe's liking for skinship, but they hadn't kissed in public before.
When the blonde s his arms around Ricky's waist, and pulled him closer, the reality hit him like a punch in the stomach, and he broke the kiss with a loud smacking sound.

“Yah...” Ricky muttered and blushed heavily where he stood and cleared his throat. “I don't want people to watch us... kissing... it's, uhm. Embarrasing”.
L.Joe snickered devilish and gave Ricky a quick peck on his lips, before releasing him. “Arasso, my pretty little princess” He said with a voice as soft as silk, that almost caressed Ricky's neck and made the hair stand up. “Let's go”.
He chuckled nervously and touched the back of his head, as if to pat the hair down. It was slightly unusual to hear such compliments from the blonde, who always used them whenever he was teasing him or testing his patience. But that hadn't been a tease nor a test. It... had been genuine and sincere. But instead of growing suspicious of this odd behavior, he found himself feeling quite flattered.

As the two boys' hands found their way back to each other, they started their walk to a place that Ricky knew was not only a place for L.Joe and his friends, but also a place that he knew was one that the boy liked. Or, as a matter of fact, a place that was his favorite. And even though the place wasn't one that Ricky himself would like staying at, the happiness in his L.Joe's eyes made it up for it.

They walked in a comfortable speed, so that they could both talk and share things without one of them panting after saying a sentence. It was slowly getting darker adding a slightly more romantic touch to their little walk. Ricky couldn't help but to feel happy and squeezed L.Joe's hand to get his attention and give him a bright smile. At that very moment, he was completely certain that nothing, and he really meant nothing, could ruin this perfect evening.
When they arrived, L.Joe opened the door, shot Ricky not only a fine row of perfect white teeth into the prettiest smile that he was sure he had ever seen, but also one added a little aegyo to it by smiling with his eyes.

“Princess” He chuckled and awkwardly covered one hand over his mouth, as he felt ridiculous for acting the way he did.
Ricky giggled with a soft voice and made a little jump of happiness as he strutted inside the building. And boy was he surprised when the hall was almost empty! There were no girls to be seen anywhere, which was odd since L.Joe had his fans everywhere around Busan. There were some guys though, who played some pool with each other, but he was sure that it was boys' he had never met or seen before.
He let go of L.Joe's hand and waited for him to show him the way to the place he wanted to go to first. It was either the motorcycles or the teddy bear machines, which he by the way was a pro at.
But L.Joe didn't, which surprised Ricky once more where he stood. Instead, he walked up to the boys who played pool and greeted them warmly.

Ricky fixed his jacket, and walked up to the three boys. He said a quiet “Annyeong” to them and suddenly, all attention was on him.
The two boys were very different from each other, Ricky thought as L.Joe lay an arm around his shoulders, and with pride his in voice, presented to his friends Ricky, the “cutest boy ever that just so happen to be mine”. He blushed where he stood, and wondered why he so boldly came out as couple in front of them. One of them was without doubt, the cutest thing that Ricky had ever lay eyes on, while the other boy looked... well, standing next the the pretty one, ugly.

One of the boys, the prettier one, smiled brightly at him, took his hand and greeted him warmly. It wasn't what Ricky was used to, but he figured it was a friendly gesture since he was together with L.Joe.  At that very moment, he was stunned by the handsome boy. He thought that there was no such existence as someone like that boy. His bone structure, his slim body and black hair that was well stylished. 

The uglier boy however, only nodded at him. It wasn't what Ricky was used to, but he figured the boy was just shy or was not comfortable enough to greet him in a another way than that. 
“It's so nice to finally meet you, Ricky. I'm Chunji, and this is CAP” the pretty boy said with a cute voice and chuckled. “So, Ricky eh? How did you and our little Hunnie meet?”.
L.Joe made a face and hit his friend on the arm, and shot him a warning glare, obviously dissatisfied with the nickname that the boy had given him.

“Yah... not Hunnie...” L.Joe complained and stuck out his tongue towards Chunji, who only laughed violently and shook his head.
“Yes, Hunnie. It's my nickname to you. You should wear it with pride!” Chunji chuckled like the cute little prince he looked like and clapped his hands together. “Beside, it suits you better than that crappy 'L.Joe'
”.

Ricky raised an eyebrow at the two boys' disagreement in what to call L.Joe, but he smiled as he found it quite cute. Why hadn't he thougt of a nickname to his boyfriend?  
He tugged on L.Joe's shirt, and received a heart warming smile from the boy.
“Minsoo-yah, are you going to play or what?” Chunji asked with a broad smile that was directed towards Ricky, and made him blush.

L.Joe rolled his eyes and took Ricky by the hand, mimicking for him to go with him. As they left the two to end their pool game, L.Joe stopped. They were indeed standing by the claw machine and the blonde was already searching for a coin to insert.

“How did you meet them?” Ricky asked with a smile and leaned against the glassbox that covered all the cute little stuffed animals inside.

L.Joe smirked and looked up at Ricky with his eyes glistening. “You really wanna know?”.
“Yes” Ricky said in a matter of factly and smiled. “I want to know”.
The blonde boy sighed defeated but asked however if he really wanted to hear the wicked story that he shared with the two boys.
When Ricky nodded, he took a deep breath and inserted a coin into the machine.

“As you probably already know, I lived in the United States for a while. My dad was starting his buisness and I grew up with my dad and my mom. But, back in the days, I didn't really look at them as my family. It was Chunji and CAPwho were my childhood friends. Our mothers went to the same school and stayed friends and so, as we grew up, we did it together.
Me and CAP were always the ones getting into trouble. We were like monsters and little Chunji kind of slipped into the same road, even though really he wasn't much of a prankster like me and CAP.
When we were in 8th grade, we kind of met with the completely wrong people and got into a huge fight with a gang. Fortunately enough, we had our friends that backed us up. Jonghyun and his friends, Chansung and Zico. But we ended up hurt pretty badly, and my father decided to move as it was no longer safe for me nor my friends to stay there.
And so we went to Busan where my dad taught me lots of things to think about before I did anything. But you know, I would rather live my life and have fun instead of listening to some old man that nagged on me to grow old at the age of 15. and come one, nobody listens to their parents at that age.
But uhm... CAP kind of got hurt pretty badly one night as he and Chunji went out on a party, and even here came across some scary people. So, we lost contact with each other. But... now they're here”.


Even though the story was a little blunt in Ricky's eyes, he did appreciate that L.Joe had opened up to him about it. It was obviously something that he did found hard telling other people about, as if he was ashamed of his past, which Ricky thought that he shouldn't. Nobody had a perfect past and that was a fact that he himself knew very well.

He gave him a warm smile and wrapped his arms around his waist from behind and stood on his tippy toes to look over his shoulder ans watch him catch a cute little stuffed animal.
L.Joe met with Ricky's eyes in the glassbox and shot him a huge smile. Ricky rested his chin over his boyfriend's shoulder and placed a soft kiss on the boy's neck and mouthed a “hwaiting” against the skin. He felt the milky white, sensitive skin react and goosebumps appeared over it. But, as L.Joe's body reacted to Ricky's little kiss, his mind was off somewhere else.
Suddenly, he turned around and looked with mischievousness in his eyes at Ricky and gently gripped his cheeks and leaned in for a kiss.
It was if happiness was taking over him once again, and he responded briskly to it. His arms found their way up to the boy's neck and locked themselves around it and carefully pulled him closer and tried to innocently deepen the kiss.

“Are we having a make-out session over here?”. The husky mocking voice of CAP's said and abruptly made Ricky pull away. “Chunji-ah, give oppa a little kiss, ne?”.
“Oppa my . And even if I were a girl, I wouldn't. I'd rather a toilet seat clean than kiss you” Chunji snorted cutely and gave the boy's arm a light smack. But CAP just smirked and clawed with his fingers in the air and wiggled with his eyebrows at the boy.
“Feisty... I like it” CAP snickered jokingly and smacked Chunji's bottom. “C'mon Chunji-ah, I know you want it”.
Ricky giggled at their foolishness but did find Chunji quite cute where he stood and had no chance against the strong CAP. L.Joe just sighed where he stood and suddenly cleared his throat.
“I thought we made it clear that Chunji belongs to me, neh?” He sighed and folded his both arms into a cross over his chest. “Psh... my wife is already cheating on me...”.
Ricky pouted and nudged his boyfriend on his arm. “Yah, what wife?”.
“Exactly, Minsoo. I'm Hunnie oppa's wife!” Chunji suddenly exclaimed and hid behind the shorter blonde.
Somehow, even though he knew that the three was only joking and messing around, he didn't like it when L.Joe had without even doubting interrupted and talked about Chunji as his wife. And the fact that he was almost invisible standing next to them, kind of hurt him.

An exasperated sigh left CAP's mouth and he suddenly pulled Ricky to him, by circling his firm fingers around Ricky's wrist. He held him with a tight grip around his stomach with one arm and leaned his chin over Ricky's shoulder.

“Y-yah” Ricky uttered, but shut up at the widened eyes from his boyfriend.
“Kaurae, you take Chunji... Ricky is prettier anyway” CAP sighed and smirked widely at the two others. “Now, call me oppa and give me kiss, Ri-”.
Before Chunji got to finish his sentence, had L.Joe snatched Ricky over and held him with a tight grip inside his arms.


“Nuh-uh, this boy is mine”. It warmed Ricky's heart to hear the more protective side of L.Joe's, and the fact that he had, because Ricky just knew by the crazy look of his eyes that he were, gotten jealous. “Sorry Chunnie, but the only one that will ever love you, is Yubin”.
Ricky saw how the boy's eyes glistened of joy and he nodded. “I wouldn't want it any other way”.

The four of them saw down at a table and Ricky listened and watched how his boyfriend and his long lost friends caught up with each other. The envy that itched inside of him were growing a little bit as he too wanted to know L.Joe for a longer time than what he did. But at the same time, he was happy that his boyfriend was paying attention to his friends and showed interest in them too, unlike what he had done to Jonghyun and Chansung lately. 

Enough about us already. How and when did you meet this loveliness?” Chunji asked and winked flirtily towards Ricky, who blushed and looked down at the table.
L.Joe seemed to have notice this and gritted his teeth. “We met in school. And because of my flawless appearance, Ricky couldn't stay away from me” He said with sarcasm flowing over his friends. “It's our little story to know and yours not to mind”.
“Yah, what's with the tone? He was just asking, bro” CAP muttered and cleared his throat, but looked directly at Ricky. “I have a really hard time believing you were the one chasing after Byunghun, correct me if I'm wrong, but he was the chaser in this relationship, wasn't he?”.

To be honest, Ricky didn't know. Their relationship sort of just happened, he thought but smiled at CAP, letting him know that both of them kind of chased each other. But more storytelling than that was not said, as Chunji sighed annoyingly and leaned his chin on top of his hands over the table, looking adorable with a tight pout over his lips.

“Aigoo, so cute” Ricky blurted out and clapped his hands together in admiration over the boy's cuteness. And he who had thought that the only one that possessed overly cute aegyo was him. How wrong of him to think that.
Chunji glanced up at Ricky and smiled a little. “I know”, with the cute smile of his and the dramatic diva-like tone of his voice, Ricky pouted back, wondering where the boy had gotten that confidence from.
“How do you like the boarding school?” Chunji asked his voice filled with something that Ricky was far too familiar with - aegyo.
As he looked to is left, he met with L.Joe's warm eyes and felt his hand get entangled with the blonde's.
“If it wasn't for Ricky” L.Joe began with a lovingly voice and smiled. “I would've hated it”.
Chunji rolled his eyes and chuckled. “Ah... kaurae? So if you were to change to... let's say my All Boys Boarding School in Seoul... you wouldn't want to?”.
Waiting for L.Joe do decline the suggestion, Ricky smiled. He knew what his boyfriend would answer, and prepared himself to hear the cutest words ever.
But when there were no sound from the blonde for over half a minute, Ricky looked up and tilted his head just slightly to the side, asking him with his eyes why he didn't answer.
L.Joe cleared his throat and shook his head. “No. I like it here with my princess”.

But there was something in his voice that almost broke Ricky's heart. There was an undertone of doubt in it. He wondered why, but decided not to make such a huge fuss about it when there were people in front of them.

“Well... I need to go. - Take care, Ricky-ssi. And make sure that that blondie studies well and succeed in life, nde?” Chunji said with a warning voice, but smiled big. “See you!”.
Ricky smiled vaguely and nodded. “Hm... what should we do?” He asked L.Joe, but then realized that his boyfriend had already started discussing with CAP. It was a subject about the past, one that he himself wasn't a part of. He sighed and leaned back in the chair and tugged on the ends of his shirt.
When the two started laughing violently about something, L.Joe lay one arm around Ricky's shoulders.
“Oh, Ricky. Should we-”.
Before L.Joe could end his sentence, had Ricky shook his head, even though he had no idea what L.Joe was going to ask or say. “Ani-ya. You catch up with CAP-ssi. I already promised to meet up with Eunhee today anyway”.
Surprised, L.Joe blinked a few times and furrowed his eyebrows. “Are you sure? We can talk some other time too, you know”.
Ricky just smiled and shook his head. “Ani-ya. I'll leave first” He said and waved his hand at CAP. “Bye”.
L.Joe stretched out his arms for a hug, but Ricky abruptly turned around and hurried out of the arcade. Even though he had no right, he felt envious of CAP and Chunji. The fact that they knew L.Joe better was annoying him. But there was something else with CAP that he just didn't like, but he couldn't quite figure out what exactly it was. Maybe the fact that he had shown him no interest and being all cold towards him. No, that was things that he could take and understand. He too would act like that to strangers.

As he walked down the street with both his hands inside his pockets, he felt his phone vibrate. Ricky sighed and picked the vibrating phone out of his pocket and answered it with a simple “Yoboseo?”.
“Annyeong Ricky, it's me, Kevin. Are you on your way home? It's getting late and we're all tired” Kevin said with a calm, yet firm voice.
“Yeh. I'll be in the dorm in less than ten minutes. Is Baekhyun home too?” Ricky asked and steered his steps to the next street that lead him straight back to the boarding school.
Kevin chuckled. “Arasso. I'll meet you by the gates then, hurry home”.


Ricky hung up and didn't notice that a figure on the street opposite to the one he was walking down, was staring at him with murderous eyes.

“Soon... your knight in shining armor wont fight for you anymore” The figure said with a mocking voice and tilted his head to the side. “Yoo Changhyun”.




Because my cliffhangers are the best! so, you got to meet Chunji and CAP! :D Is there any ChunJoe shippers or CAPJoe shippers out there? ^^
And, I want to thank you, my dear subbies who always makes me smile and feel happy whenever you comment on this story! Saranghae~
I want to answer to all of your comments, I do, but I don't know how to reply to your cute comments. ^^ I APPRECIATE IT THO, SO KEEP COMMENTING.
NDE? :D 
If I were to end this story, would you like a part 2 or another story? ^^ NOT SAYING I AM, but a story kind of needs an end too... >: