35.

My Bestfriend's older brother

Chapter 35

3 years later...

Author's POV

"I'm nervous.'' Jinri said, she was going to the Wu's house to meet Kris's parents for dinner although she met the parents many times she's nervous the fact that she's not the bestfriend Jinri of Fei but the girlfriend of Kris.

Kris who was driving to his house he simply grabbed Jinri's hand and held it "Don't worry I'm right here with you.'' he comforted her.

Jinri smiled "I know, it's that I'm nervous.'' she laughed a bit.

"We're here.'' Kris parked in front as he closed the engine.

"I got this.'' Jinri mumbled to herself causing Kris to chuckle.

"Stop it, it's like you haven't met my parents before.'' Kris said

"It's cause I haven't seen them in years and it's like my first time meeting them and it's their first time knowing that i'm officially yours.'' Jinri said

Kris intertwined his hands with Jinri's reasurring her that everything is going to be fine as they entered the house.

 

 

 

"Mei Xing!" it was Lay who crept inside Mei Xing's office.

"What are you doing here?" Mei Xing who kept her eyes on the paper in front of her, she was busy since he had to get the files ready for tomorrow's business meeting.

If you're asking what had happened to Mei Xing over the past years, well let's say she stopped and she felt remorseful from all the things she had done. I know it seems so unrealistic for her to be remorsing but it's true.

Mei Xing had given up her obessesive love for Kris as he let him go, she told the Wu's that she's backing off the engagement. At first the Wu's were surprised since they know that Mei Xing was the one who was excited for the wedding, but after they accepted and told her to live happily.

Between Mei Xing and Kris it was still rocky, he's still upset over the thing she's done to Jinri. Mei Xing had apologized towards Kris many times but he just kept avoiding.

About the Jinri, Mei Xing situation. Mei Xing found out that Jinri wasn't dead, at first she was shock and that she had the urge to go kill Jinri herself but she stopped herself since she knows it's going to be no good towards her since no matter what Kris won't choose her.

Mei Xing left Korea to go back to China with a bittersweet feeling, it was a bitter feeling due to Kris and Jinri it was sweet because she also had a good time, she enjoyed some times with Kris although she was clinging onto him too much.

Mei Xing is now helping her Dad with the company in China as she's working hard.

 

 

 

For Lay, he also went back to China. He didn't have anymore reasons to be in Korea, the reason he went to Korea in the first place was because of his cousin because of the engagement. 

Lay did enjoy his stay, he gained friends and memories.

Lay's feelings towards Jinri wasn't a romantic type but more like a sibling relationship, he was about to have those romantic feelings towards Jinri but he stopped himself because he knows that Jinri already has her eyes set on someone and  he knows who that is.

He's doing well in China he's now a model in one of the clothing line and is becoming more and more famous, some company in China wants Lay to become a singer but Lay declined since he just wants to stay as a model.

 

 

"Jinri-ah~" It was Mrs. Wu, she walked towards Jinri as she pulled her into an embrace.

Jinri hugged back "Hello.'' she greeted while Mrs. Wu was still hugging her.

"Mom you're going to kill her.'' Kris commented as he pulled Jinri away.

Mrs. Wu pouted "You're not even gonna say hi to your Mom? Whom you haven't seen in months.''

Kris rolled his eyes playfully as he dragged his feet to his Mom to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek, Jinri giggled at the sight of Kris and his Mom.

Fei came in and she started squealing "Oh my gosh!'' she ran towards Jinri and hugged her tight.

"I'm glad you finally came.'' she said

 

 

 

Jinri and Kris were sitting in the dining table along with Fei and Mr and Mrs. Wu.

The dinner started, Kris kept helping Jinri as he placed different types of dishes onto her plate.

Jinri stopped Kris "I'm alright, you're the one who needs to eat.'' Jinri took the bowl as she started to place some food on his plate.

Kris smiled "Thanks.'' 

"So. What's the news?" Mr. Wu started.

"Dad, me and Jinri are-'' he got cut off by his Dad.

"Together, you guys are in a relationship. It's pretty obvious.'' Kris's Dad said

Kris chuckled "No, it's not that.''

Mr. Wu raised an eyebrowl, Fei and Mrs. Wu got more curious and was looking forward to what Kris was about to say.

Jinri bit her lip as she slowly brought her hands up for everyone to see.

Everyone's eyes widened, Fei had the widest smile and so did Mrs. Wu. While Mr. Wu had a poker face on.

"Jinri and I are engaged.'' Kris said.

Fei clapped her hands "I'm so happy for you gege. Jinri-ah, congratulations. I give my blessings to you guys.'' she said.

Mr. Wu then slowly smiled "Son. I'm happy for you too. You picked the right one, Jinri here is already like my daughter. I'm happy she's the one.'' Mr. Wu said.

Jinri smiled "Thank you Mr. Wu.'' she said

Mr. Wu shook his head "It's going to be Dad now.'' he said

Jinri nodded "Yes, Dad!"

 

 

Jinri was outside the balcony as she stares at the bright night sky that was full of stars. She had a cup of tea on her hand.

Kris slowly crept behind as he brought his arms around her waist, he had his chin rested on her shoulder as he smelled her infamous vanilla sugar scent.

"I'm happy for us.'' he commented.

"Mhhm.'' Jinri let out.

"Wo ai ni.'' Kris said

Jinri smirked "Wo he ni.'' she said, causing Kris to be taken a back.

"Yah! You're supposed to say Wo ai ni. Who even taught you how to say I hate you?" Kris asked

Jinri chuckled "The tv.'' 

"Well don't even watch tv anymore. So come on, what do you say after Wo ai ni?" 

"Alright alright....'' she gave up.

"Saranghae.'' Jinri said in her mother tongue language.

Kris smiled widely.

"Wo ai ni, Saranghae~" he sang in her ears.

 

 

comment & subscribe ^^

THE END!

My subscribers/readers thank you so so so so much for staying with me till the end, thank you for reading and commenting I really really adore the comments it gave me inspiration to update. I was so close into stopping this story because I have no clue in where the story was going but thank you guys for giving me strength to continue :')

Plus I couldn't believe I passed 100 subs. Hehehehe. 

Anyways, read my other stories..... Till next time~