20.

My Bestfriend's older brother

Chapter 20

Author's POV

Jinri got out of bed early in the morning and was surprised to her Mother, she brought her hands to her chest since she got a mini heart attack.

"Omo, you scared me.''

Mrs. Choi laughed "There's a Man downstairs, I don't think I've met him before.'' she said

Jinri blinked a couple of times to get herself together and she immediatelly got out of bed and rushed to the bathroom to fix herself, she got her hair fixed, she washed her face and brushed her teeth a couple of times until she was satisfied.

She changed into a casual wear and she walked downstairs to see a man she wasn't expecting, she thought it was Kris. Her shoulders deflated and she dragged her feet to Lay.

"Hey.'' she greeted bitterly.

Lay gave her a wide smile "I know it's too early but.... I was hoping to have breakfast with you.'' he clasped his hands together and hoped Jinri would say yes.

Jinri slowly nodded, she wasn't really in the mood to go out now since it was Lay. But she decided to go since she got all dolled up and was expecting for someone else, and she didn't want her getting ready to be put into waste.

Lay bid goodbye to Mrs. Choi and Jinri hugged her Mom and bid her a goodbye also.

 

 

 

Kris was surprised when he got downstairs to find Mei Xing sitting on the couch, she was sending him flying kiss when Kris was just walking down the stairs. He was getting creeped out from the way Mei Xing is acting.

Mei Xing stood up and she rushed her way to Kris and enveloped him into a hug. Kris tried pushing her away but Mei Xing's grip was tight for him to break free.

"Let's go out.'' she said

Mr. Wu walked in when he heard Mei Xing asking Kris to go out with her, Mr. Wu gave his son a stern look.

"Yeah son go out with your fiance, it's going to be a great chance for the two of you to get closer.'' he stated.

Kris rolled his eyes and sighed "Let's go.'' he said and yanked away from Mei Xing's grip to get his keys.

Mr. Wu looked at his son in disbelief "I'm sorry Mei Xing, I don't know what's gotten into my son lately.''

Mei Xing smiled "It's alright, it happens.'' then she said her goodbye to Mr. Wu and followed out to get inside Kris's car before he could even leave her.

"Where do you want to go?" Kris asked

"Hmmm. What's a good place? Don't you think it's a good idea to tour me around? Lao gong~" she said in her cute voice, but Kris thinks it's the ugliest voice he has ever heard.

"Can you please not call me Lao gong, we're not even married yet.'' Kris shouted causing Mei Xing's eyes to widened from shock. 

She just lowered her head and Kris drove to wherever he could go.

 

 

"I know this is random, but how do you know the Wu family?" Lay asked

Lay and Jinri were out having breakfast at a nearby restaurant, Jinri decided to eat some english style breakfast while Lay just got himself toast and fruits.

"I've been bestfriends with Fei ever since I could even remember, she's like a sister I never had. Plus I'm really close to her parents, they're like my own parents too. Plus Kris, I just got to know him this year when he came back from Canada. He's actualy pretty nice and funny and charming.'' Jinri ended.

"From what i've heard from people that Kris is a cold human being, they say he's always in a bad mood and all he cares about is his job. Is that even true?" Lay asked

Jinri nodded "Yeah that's true, he's still as cold as ever but he changed. He actually smiles and yes he was into his job but Fei had told him to stop thinking about the company since it would do no good to him.''

Lay nodded understanding the reason why.

Their breakfast ended and Lay dropped off Jinri, he bid her goodbye and left.

 

 

Jinri's eyes shot up, she had just woken up from a nap. She grabbed her phone from the table and it was 3:45 pm to be exact.

"Oh my god! I'm meeting up with Kris today.'' she shot up from bed and rushed inside the bathroom to wash up and get dressed.

Jinri was wearing shorts paired up with a cropped leopard shirt and with beige toms. She got downstairs and rushed out the door, she was walking fast to get to the bus stop.

Thank goodness she was just on time that she got to ride on the bus. She kept checking her wrist and it was already  3:55. She was getting frustrated and irritated at herself.

She stopped at her stop and she got down as fast as she could and ran around Hongdae to get to the cafe, when she entered the cafe she saw Kris already seated on the back that kept checking his phone.

Jinri walked carefully towards him.

"Hey'' she greeted.

Kris looked up and he smiled "I thought you wouldn't come.'' he said

Jinri smiled and took her seat "I was late since... I just...''

He chuckled "No worries no need to explain, I just got here anyways.'' he lied, Kris has been there for almost an hour.

"So what made you tell me to meet you up?" Jinri started, she was getting nervous since the guy she likes is right in front of her.

Kris was looking straight into Jinri's eyes, he was thinking if whether he should say it or not. He was contemplating on whether he should just spit out everything and tell her or not, but he doesn't want everything to get bottled up inside.

"I've been wanting to tell you this ever since, I don't know what made act so differently. I've never had this feeling before, it was something foreign to me. The reason I texted you yesterday and told you to meet up with me is because-''

He was about to say his last few words when his phone rang, causing him to not say the last few words.

When Kris answered his phone, his eyes budged out. He hung up and his lips were trembling. Kris stood up immediatelly and ran out of the cafe.

Jinri's mouth was open, confused with the happenings. She was confused with what Kris had said and to what he just did. Jinri sighed and walked out of the cafe.

While walking around Hongdae, Jinri also received a phone call. When she answered it and she got the news she suddenly felt weak and felt like any minute she would burst into tears. Jinri sprinted to where she was going while tears were escaping her eyes.

 

comment & subscribe ^^

Wonder what happened? LOL. What a tease eh? Heheheh. I actually don't want the two to end up yet so there has to be some bumps between them....