15.

My Bestfriend's older brother

Chapter 15

Author's POV

Kris was seated on the leather sofa in the study room, his Dad was pacing back and forth not sure in how he should bring up the news. Mrs. Wu on the other hand was confused, she doesn't know a thing that's why she followed her son and her husband.

"What is it Dad?" Kris asked

"Do you find any girl that you're attracted to and that you would want to spend the rest of your life with?" his dad started

Kris bit his lip not sure in how to answer "Not for now, I'm just in the getting to know stage.'' 

Mr. Wu nodded at his sons answer, he went towards Kris and placed his hand on Kris's shoulder.

"Please don't be shocked with what I'm about to say.'' 

Kris who was urging to know the news he just nodded eagerly "Alright spit it.'' he said

"You're getting engaged.'' Mr. Wu finally said

Kris's eyes widened and stood up "What me get married? What is this an arranged marriage? For what to save the company or are you just bored that you make your son marry off to someone I don't even know.'' he bursted.

Mrs. Wu doesn't have a clue on what to do, she didn't know the news until now. She went to his son and patted his back.

"It's not because of the company, it's what me and Mr. Zhang had thought about way past you were even 12. We were thinking of getting our children to marry one another.'' he managed to say.

Kris was breathing heavily, he was having a hard time breathing due to the news he just received today.

"You're getting engaged to Mei Xing'' his dad uttered.

Kris closed his eyes for a few second and bursted out the door, he couldn't care less if his father was now shouting at him.

 

 

"Yah! Stop drinking, I'm going to get in trouble by your Mom.'' Tao was stopping Kris from taking another shot of the rum.

Kris smirked and he slapped Tao's hands away and drank the alcohol.

"I don't know what's wrong with you, why did you suddenly drag me away from the party to this bar.'' Tao sat back down and complained.

"I can't stand my Dad. He just decided to marry me off to some stranger.'' 

Tao's eyes budged out "What? You're getting engaged?"

Kris shook his head while the glass was on his hand, he was twirling it around watching the ice cube go from one to side to the other.

"Then what?" Tao was now confused

"I am getting engaged by that Zhang Mei Xing but I wont let that happen.'' Kris said with his stern voice.

"Omo what? Mei Xing? That girl that used to cling on you every time she sees you? Oh god that's terrible.'' Tao said

Kris slowly nodded, the alcohol is slowly sinking inside him.

Tao's phone suddenly beep, he checked it and was thinking on whether he should leave Kris or stay. But Tao decided to stay and put his phone back inside his pocket.

Kris noticed "You can leave if you want, I'm leaving soon. I'll just get picked up by someone. Don't worry.'' 

Tao stood up and thanked his friend and left the bar.

 

 

"Are you okay?" Fei asked

Jinri was playing with her food not really hungry anymore, she couldn't find Kris nor Tao and wasn't sure where the two went.

Fei noticed that Jinri was looking around "If you're looking for my brother he's probably with Tao, they're always like that leaving in the middle of the party for them to have their own party somewhere else.''

Jinri gulped "Ahh I see.''

"Oh I'll be back, I'm gonna go see someone there.'' she pointed 

Jinri just nodded.

When Fei left the table her phone blinked it was a call from Kris, it kept blinking meaning it didn't stop. It must be important Jinri thought to herself, she answered the phone.

"Hello Kris-ssi?"

"Um is this Kris sister? Kris is at the bar right now, he's drunk and he doesn't want to leave.'' it was the worker from the bar.

Jinri was shock, she doesn't know if she should call Fei or just go there herself. She hung up knowing where the bar is and she took her purse with her leaving the party and hailing a cab to get to the bar.

When Jinri arrived at the bar, she was earning stares from older men. She got to the front door of the bar when a muscular tall guy stopped  her from coming in.

"Why are you here little kid?" the man mocked her.

Jinri rolled her eyes "I'm here to pick up someone, he's drunk right now and he needs me.'' she shouted back at him

She tried to push herself in only to earn a strong push back from the muscular dude, he was glaring down at Jinri causing her to glare back shooting lazers at him.

"Just move!" she managed to say out once again, but then muscular dude just stood there and smirked.

Jinri finally realized that it would be hard to go inside since she's under 18 and wouldn't let her because she's just young.

 

 

Fei came back to her seat only to find the next to her empty. 

"Where did she go?" she asked one of the girl who was sitting on the table with them.

"She left, she was in a hurry just by the looks of it.''

Fei nodded, she saw her phone and tucked it inside her purse.

On the other side, Jinri was still waiting outside but still couldn't get it. She gave up and looked for a different door to sneak in, she went to the back and thankfully the back door wasn't being blocked by some muscular guy.

She opened the door and it led to the kitchen where several were working cooking and cutting up some fruits.

Jinri sneaked inside and hurried walked to get inside the bar, it was a typical bar playing jazz music and from one corner to the other you can see people drinking alcohol.

When she finally saw Kris, she walked towards him and sat on the stool beside him. His head was placed down on the table.

"Wu Yi Fan!" she sternly said, causing Kris to stir and he shot up when he realized the voice.

"J-Jinri~ You're really really really pretty today~" he sang while shooting hearts at her, he was really drunk. Completely drunk.

Jinri shook her head in disbelief "We better leave this place, I'm not even suppose to be in such place. Let's go!" she brought her arms around him and guided him out thru the exit. She didn't bother to look back at the muscular dude.

She hailed a cab and she wasn't sure if she should bring him home or to her place.

"I'll take you home.'' Jinri had said

Kris was oggling at her "You can't. My dad is there, he's going to push me into marrying that freak of a girl.'' 

 

 

Jinri's POV

What? He's getting engaged? He's getting married? Is that the reason why he completely got drunk?

I told the driver to head at my house, I was just looking out the window when I felt something heavy on my right shoulder. I turned to see Kris head placed on my shoulder.

I smiled "Aigoo you're such a kid.'' I quietly said

 

 

He was stirring in his sleep and his eyes fluttered open which caused him a headache, his head was now throbbing due to the alcohol he had consumed at the bar hours ago.

Kris was massaging his temples when he finally realized where he was.

"Jinri!" he said, I was sitting in front of him.

"Are you feeling a bit better? Here's some painkiller for the headache.'' I gave him the medicine and the water.

He took it and drank it without even thinking twice "Thanks.''

Jinri smiled "Don't even drink again, it was such a pain carrying you.''

"Arasso.''

 

 

comment & subscribe ^^

As promised I updated after I got home from volunteering.. OMG OMG OMG there was a cute doctor at the hospital.... OMGGGGG!!! 

Anways wait for my update tomorrow. K bye<3