19.

My Bestfriend's older brother

Chapter 19

Author's POV

Jinri went back inside and she sat down quietly, the party was still going on everyone was enjoying the food and the music. Camera's would flicker and take random shots of everyone especially at Mei Xing and Kris.

She was feeling uncomfortable at seeing the two.

Fei noticed her bestfriend being so down and wasn't her normal self "Are you alright? Do you want to go home?" she asked

Jinri shook her head "Don't worry about me, I'm totally fine.'' she faked a smile, but Fei has known her bestfriend for her to know if she's feeling alright or not and by the looks of it she wasn't.

Fei knows why and she just kept quiet, she doesn't want to blurt things out it could make things more worse.

The mysterious guy was sitting down while drinking his water with poise, he was observing around when he noticed Jinri. A smile formed in his lips, he placed his drink down and stood up.

He was making his way towards you.

"Ni zheng ke ai (You are so lovely)" the mystery guy had said

Jinri shot up when he heard the voice, she looked up to see the guy that was outside with her awhile ago. She was once again stunned, he kept on saying chinese phrases that she can't even understand since she's korean.

Fei heard the guy loud and clear and also understood what it meant.

*He is so flirting with my bestfriend* she thought to herself

Jinri went closer to Fei and whispered "What did he say?"

Fei shrugged "Go ask him.'' then she left. Jinri pouted, the mystery guy sat down beside her.

"What do you want?" Jinri asked annoyed.

He chuckled "I don't think you know me, so here's the right time to introduce myself. I'm Zhang Yi Xing and you are?" he held his hand out.

Jinri's eyes widened "Zhang?"

Yi Xing nodded "Mhhm, and you are?"

"S-So does that mean you're related to her?" Jinri was pointed towards Mei Xing

He chuckled once again and nodded "She's my older cousin.''

Jinri's jaw dropped but she closed it right away "Anyways I'm Choi Jinri, nice to meet you Yi Xing'' she smiled widely at the man in front of her and shook his hand.

"You can call me Lay, I don't really like it when I get called by my real name..'' he remarked and Jinri nodded.

"Arasso.''

 

 

Kris went out of the hall since he got bored at his own engagement party, Mei Xing kept drinking wine and all she did was talk about herself which Kris wasn't even interested in.

When he got out he saw a familiar girl, he squinted his eyes to get a better view when he saw Jinri with Lay.

His fist clenched from the view, Jinri was smiling and laughing widely while the guy was just speaking. Kris couldn't help himself but to feel a bit of jealousy from the two.

Fei came out of the hall and noticed her brother was just standing straight up with his fist clenched like a rock, she shook her head and went towards him. She patted his shoulder and Kris turned around to face his sister.

"I can see how you look at her, if you do like her go ahead and tell her how you feel before someone else does. I can sense that, that guy likes my bestfriend. I would be more happy to have you with my bestfriend rather than Suho or even that guy.'' Fei said and left to go to the bathroom.

Kris just walked towards the two but he was earning on walking pass them so he wouldn't be too obvious but then Jinri noticed him and she waved at him telling him to come. Kris obeyed and walked up to Jinri and Lay.

Lay stood up and handshaked Kris's hands "I'm your cousin in law. Nice to meet you Wu Yi Fan!"

Kris gave him a forced smile but then when he turned his view to Jinri he gave her a smile that was genuine.

"Oppa, Mei Xing might be looking for you. I'm getting dropped off by Lay Oppa!'' Jinri had said

Kris nodded "Ahhh is that so? Well take care.'' with that said he walked away with a deflated shoulder.

Kris walked back inside and Mei Xing saw him she immediately rushed towards him and clinged onto him.

"Mom and Dad told me we can go to a bar after this. They said I can!" she fist pumped while Kris ignored her own cheering.

 

 

Jinri's POV

I got inside Lay's car and he started his engine, I was still awkward around him but he makes his best to bring up a conversation and to not make things awkward between us.

He's a pretty cool guy, he has many stories in store and he told me a story about when he first went to Korea and he had no idea on how to speak korean since he was only fluent in mandarin.

Lay the radio and a chinese song started playing, I had no clue on what the song was about. It was a ballad song and while Lay was driving he was singing along. I couldn't help but to smile.

I looked at his side view while he was singing, he's actually good looking.

"Am I that handsome?" he asked

I chuckled "I don't think so.'' I .

"Then why are you looking at me?" 

"You're entertaining to look at, and you're pretty handsome.'' I said the last part in a whisper hoping he doesn't hear it.

Lay just laughed and continued driving, when he finally arrived in front of my home.

"Oh before you get out of my car, hand me your phone.'' he brought his hand out.

I took out my phone from my purse and handed it to him, he started typing and he handed it back to me. 

I pursed my lips together "Thank you for the ride.''

"Yup and thanks for calling me handsome.'' with that said he drove off. 

I froze and my spot, he heard me when I complimented him that he was actually good looking?

"Ottoke, ottoke, ottoke?" I brought my hands to my hair and I was jumping from one place to another. I was now flushed red due to my embarassment.

My phone suddenly beeped, when I opened it I was surprised to receive a text from Kris.

Hey! You must be home right now or still probably out with Lay. I just wanted to say thank you for coming to the engagement party. If there's a chance that you're free tomorrow meet me at the cafe in Hongdae at 4pm. I'll be waiting. -Kris

He wants to meet me? I wonder what it's about. I thought to myself and walked inside the house.

 

 

comment & subscribe ^^

I seriously forgot to update plus I was busy... sorry --''