26.

My Bestfriend's older brother

Chapter 26

Lay's POV

I was at my coffee shop seeing how things were going at and I saw my cousin Mei Xing entering, she seems like she owns the whole place by the way she walks. She was wearing black pumps along with her outfit that is a pencil skirt and a white ruffle blouse, she was wearing huge sunglasses.

She saw me and she waved "Anyeong!" she said, Mei Xing's korean skills isn't that good plus she still has an accent. When she tries hard, I just wanna laugh.

You might think I dislike her, well I don't. She's nice at times, she's nice if you're nice to her but she gets to be very annoying plus she's too clingy to those she likes a lot.

I waved at her and she went to the front to order something, she got herself an americano. When she got her order she walked towards me and she gave me a smile.

"How have you been?" she asked

Mei Xing is older that me, so I still have to be respectful towards her.

We both sat down "I'm doing well. What about you?"

I saw a grin on her face "It's interesting.''

"About Kris are you guys getting along?" I asked

She let out a sigh "I'm not so sure. He seems so far from me, he's not even trying to get close to me.'' she started complaining.

If Mei Xing complains it's like she's reading an essay, it can get longer. I sometimes don't know how I put up with this, whenever she needs to rant she would be calling me since I'm like a one call away. Plus she doesn't have any other siblings and our other cousins or her cousins doesn't like her at all.

"Hmm. I see.'' was the only thing I said, because if ever I say something she's gonna bicker at me saying that I was wrong.

She bid goodbye and left since she's going to go to Kris's house so they can finally buy a wedding dress for their wedding that is coming up in 2 weeks.

 

 

I left work and went to Jinri's house since it's been days since I last saw her and I decided to go meet up with her and probably have lunch together. To me Jinri seems like a nice cheerful girl, well that's how everyone describes her. 

She's like the sunshine to every rainy day, okay that doesn't make sense but you know what I mean. She's someone that can brighten up your day although you're having a bad one.

I know I only met Jinri just weeks ago but it seems like we have this bond together. I know I sound so cheesy right now.

I arrived in front of Jinri's place and I got down, I was ready to ring the bell when Jinri's mother came out. She had a surprised look on her face and when she opened the gate she said

"Oh. Jinri's not here.'' she said

"Is that so, when will she be back?" I asked politely

Mrs. Choi chuckled, did the thing I asked funny?

"About that... Jinri isn't coming back till next year, she went to New York.''

My eyes widened "N-New York?" I asked

Mrs. Choi nodded slowly "Yeah. Are you ok? Is there something wrong?"

I shook my head, something is weird. For a 15 year old to be going to New York and why is that.

"May I ask why she's at New York?" 

"It's because she got accepted at this school and she has to be there for a year, but she's coming back. No worries.'' Jinri's Mom smiled

I just nodded and she left.

 

 

 

Jinri's POV

I was ready for school wearing my uniform, it's going to be a start of something new. I looked at myself once more in the mirror fixing my hair and once I was satisfied I headed out.

The school is only a 10 minute to 15 minutes top to my school which I'm happy about, I don't really need to take transportation to go there.

I was walking when I saw the guy that was playing soccer, he sure goes to the same school as I do. I can tell by the uniform.

My feet walked towards him, but instead of having a friendly impression on the first meet I accidentally tripped my way over to him.

I looked up and he was looking at me with a weird expression, he chuckled causing me to frown.

He held out his hand and I gladly took it and he helped me up.

"Are you alright?" he asked

I slowly nodded, that was so embarassing.

He had his eyes on me like he was inspecting me "Uh is there something wrong?" I asked

I earned another chuckle from him "I'm guessing you go to the same school as I do and let me guess you're new here.'' it wasn't a question more like a remark.

I just nodded "Well yeah I am. I'm Choi Jinri, I used to be living in Seoul.'' I told him

He nodded "I'm Kim Jong in, but call me Kai. Why did you even move here in Mokpo, Seoul is way better.'' he said

I sighed "I don't wanna get into details.'' then I walked away realizing that I won't be able to go back to Seoul anytime soon.

Kai and I arrived at school and he bid goodbye saying he had to go with his friend, I went to go look for my first class and while walking I was observing everyone and they seem pretty chill.

I was walking when I saw my classroom, I smiled knowing I found it without any troubles.

"I can do this.'' I mumbled to myself

With that said I went in and the teacher looked at me and she gave me a smile, she went towards me and said "You must be the new student.'' she said

I nodded "Ne''

"Well class is starting soon, just stay up here since I want to introduce you to the class.''

Minutes had passes and I was just looking around when the teacher looked around and she shook her head in disbelief, she was staring at the chair in the back corner it was the only chair that was missing a person that's sitting on it except for the chair that i'll be sitting on.

"Class we have a new student today.'' the teacher had said

I noticed the guys were pumping their fist on the air and cheering which made me chuckle and the girls were just smiling, I can sense that my stay here in Mokpo is going to be good.

"Please introduce yourself.'' the teacher whispered to me

I bowed 90 degree "Hello, my name is Choi Jinri. I hope you take care of me!" I ended my introduction simply.

The class clapped their hands, the teacher told me to sit and I did what I was told.

Class started and the teacher was teaching us about how to use formulas, I already know these things. I looked out the window and saw how beautiful the sky is.

"I'm sorry I'm late.'' I heard a familiar voice say, I looked up and my eyes widened.

 

 

comment & subscribe ^^

you guys probably know who that person is. LOL but yeah~  oh won't be able to update tomorrow/later LOL