18.

My Bestfriend's older brother

Chapter 18

Author's POV

The Wu family and as well as the Zhang were organizing and getting everything ready for the engagement party. Both families decided to have the engagement broadcasted around.

Kris was just watching the whole thing, he was shaking his head in disbelief at how everyone was supporting it except for him and his sister.

"Hey the engagement party is today, are you pumped?" Fei teased Kris.

Kris rolled his eyes "No. It's going to be broadcasted and everyone's gonna know my marriage with Mei Xing. I don't even want to get married in the first place, she's not the girl I like.''

"Then who's the girl you like?" Fei asked with her eyebrows raised.

Kris bit his lip, he only had one girl in his mind. She's someone who makes him smile from one to ear another, she's the one who made the ice prince soften up. Plus whenever she's around Kris just can't help himself but to blush although it's not visible.

"You're smiling, who's the girl in your mind?" Fei poked Kris's shoulder.

"That's for me to keep as a secret. Go!" then Kris left Fei thinking of who the girl Kris has in mind.

When Kris went downstairs he was welcomed by his Mom.

"Son the party is tonight, I want you to dress well and go pick up Mei Xing if you can.''

"Is this really needed? For this whole marriage to be broadcasted?" Kris asked

Mrs. Wu nodded "Yeah, I'm really sorry. I know she's not the girl you like but hopefully you'll grow feelings towards her later on.'' with that said Mrs. Wu walked away.

Kris sighed and left the house, driving off to go to Tao's place.

 

 

"That's really funny.'' Tao remarked when he heard that the whole marriage is going to be broadcasted, he can't believe that the Wu family is going to the extent to have this whole thing broadcasted, their making it such a big deal.

Kris jumped on Tao's bed and laid down comfortable "I don't even wanna bother caring.''

"So what's your plan, are you gonna run away in the wedding day?'' Tao asked

He chuckled "That's a great idea, should I?" Kris wiggled his eyebrows.

Tao shook his head "Pabo, you're going to get in so much trouble if you do so. Wanna act like your dead, like what happened in Romeo and Juliet?" Tao suggested once again.

But he earned a smack on the head from Kris "You're the pabo, why would I act dead?''

"So the wedding would stop, duh.'' 

"I'll get married to her if that's what my parents want, but I'm getting a divorce after. She's not the girl I like.'' Kris exclaimed

Tao was tapping his fingers on his cheeks "So who's the girl?"

Kris ruffled his hair in confusion "Aish you're just like my sister.''

Tao sheepishly smiled "Eheheh. But seriously, who's the lucky girl?"

"I'm not telling you.'' then he got up from the bed leaving Tao alone in the room.

 

 

"Hey you're invited to the party tonight.'' Fei said through the phone to Jinri.

Jinri sighed "Is it the engagement party?"

"Yeah, you better be here since you're the only one I can talk to. I don't like talking to these business man or woman.''

Jinri giggled "Alright, I'll be there.''

"Before you hang up, please believe in my brother. He doesn't have the slightest feelings with Mei Xing so please don't get upset over this engagement.'' Fei had said.

"Yah! What are you talking about? This is just a crush, I should be happy for Kris.''

"Well I'm just sorry for you since you have to see all of this happenings.'' Fei said

"I'm fine, I'll just cheer them on and give them blessings. Anyways, I need to go... I'll see you later.'' with that said they both hanged up.

When Jinri hanged up she sighed "I guess I'll have to go through it.''

 

 

Mei Xing was all dressed up wearing a violet Alexander Wang dress and a Michael Kors pumps to boost up her height, her hair was curled and volumized not making it look flat and dull.

Her face was caked with expensive makeup. She took one last glance at the mirror and she was satisfied enough so she went out of her room to go to the living room to wait for Kris.

The door opened and it was Kris wearing a black suite, his blonde hair was swept to one side.

"Lao gong~" Mei Xing said in her high pitch voice as she clinged onto Kris.

Kris yanked away and walked back to his car.

"Kyaaaa~ I finally got to ride in your car.'' she squealed

Kris rolled his eyes in annoyance "Well you're not the first.''

Mei Xing frowned "Is it your sisters bestfriend?"

Kris smiled when he thought of Jinri "Probably.''

 

 

Jinri entered the hall wearing a dark blue suede dress that was up to her mid thigs, it hugged her curved really well and she was wearing a tony burch white flats, her hair was tied in a high pony tail making her look sophisticated.

"Thank goodness you came, I thought you would just forget about it.'' Fei said

Jinri smiled "I wouldn't miss such an event.'' she said sarcastically.

The two went to their seat and Tao was also there.

"Oh it's you.'' Tao pointed at Jinri, she just bowed and smiled at him.

The lights suddenly dimmered causing everyone to gasp when someone started talking from the mic.

"Good evening everyone, we welcome you to a special day for Wu Yi Fan and Zhang Mei Xing for their engagement party. The two has arrived.'' the doors opened.

Mei Xing and Kris walked inside the hall both had their hands intertwined and Mei Xing was smiling widely while Kris forced a smile.

Everyone was woo-ing and at awe for how the two looks so lovely.

Jinri saw the two and all she could do was lower her head. Her heart was clenched and she could feel tears forming in her eyes soon but she surpassed them since she doesn't want her bertfriend to see and other see her cry.

When the whole scene ended, Jinri excused herself and went out of the hall to get some fresh air.

 

 

"Why would a lovely lady be out here?"

Jinri turned to see an unfamiliar man, she smiled politely at him as he walked and stood beside her.

"I just needed some fresh air.'' Jinri said

The mysterious guy was wearing a blue tuxedo and his hair was a bit tousled, he just smiled and nodded at her response.

He looked at her facial feautured and a giggle escaped from his lips.

Jinri looked up "Wae? Is something wrong?"

The guy shook his head ''Nothing. Ni hen mei li (You are very beautiful)" 

She looked up at him with a confused face and he just walked away leaving her stunned.

 

 

comment & subscribe ^^

I'm having too much fun updating this story, so I keep updating. LOL just wait I might update again later.