Secret 9 - Bomi 2/2

Summer : I Don't Know The Real Story

Bomi opened her eyes slowly only to be greeted by a face close to hers. Arms wrapped firmly around her waist. She stood on her feet and blushed. She glanced at her savior mumbling “thank you” .

 

“You’re welcome. Ah, wait.” The boy who saved her placed his hand on her chin, lifting her head up. “You’re hurt.” He said brushing her cheeks with his thumb. Bomi’s eyes widened as she realize her scarf had revealed her face. “Kaja. Let’s go to my house. I have some medicine.” He smiled sweetly taking her cold hands into his warm ones. Bomi felt the warmth of his hand spread through her body. She felt comfortable for the first time in these past months. She will graduate tomorrow from her school. The boy swung their hands back and forth swiftly. “My name’s Sungyeol. What’s yours?” the boy smiled charmingly.

 

“Ah? Uh.. Bomi. Yoon Bomi.” She answered, stuttering over her words. Sungyeol chuckled.

 

“This is my house.” Sungyeol said upon stopping infront of a house. He went in, still not letting go of  Bomi’s hand. “Umma… I’m home.” He cooed. A women in her 30’s walked out of the kitchen.

 

“Ah.. I see. You brought your girlfriend home.. finally.” She hugged her son.

 

“She’s not my girlfriend. But yeah… she is my new found friend. I met her at the park.” Sungyeol cheered hugging Bomi. The latter flinched at the touch. “Ah.. I forgot. Umma, please treat her. she’s hurt.”

 

“AH… it’s true..” Sungyeol’s mom squeaked and dragged Bomi to the bathroom. “Sungyeol-ah, give me some clothes! Her wound is opened!AAA!~” his mother panicked. Sungyeol took his plain white shirt and pants. His mom took the shirt and threw the pants back to him.

 

“Umma~ why do you only take the shirt?” he asked.

 

“Because her leg is terribly bruised.” 

 

Bomi went out of the bathroom. “Your shirt is big.” Bomi said, showing the sleeve that was longer than her arms.

 

Sungyeol chuckled and took her hands. “Let me help you.” He smiled as he folded the sleeve up to her wrists. Sungyeol looked at Bomi from head to toe. Her leg was full of purple-ish spots. He unconsciously hugged her. The girl was standing there, stunned. She slowly hugged back. How could she hug back a person she barely even knew? Who she just met? But most of all, who was that Sungyeol guy really is? How could he make Bomi felt so comfortable around him in just a few minutes?

 

“It’s time for-” Sungyeol’s mother stopped mid-sentence upon seeing the scene. The two immediately broke apart. “No,no . Don’t mind me. Just passing by.. if you’re hungry, there’s breakfast.” She went away.

 

Sungyeol laughed nervously. They ate breakfast and sat on the couch together. They get to know each other. Sungyeol lived with his mother, Lee Haeri and has a younger brother named Lee Sunjong. “I need to go home.” Bomi said. “M-my father is home.” She looked elsewhere as long as it isn’t Sungyeol.

 

“So.. he’s the one that abused you?” Sungyeol asked examining Bomi’s reaction which is panicking.

 

“I really need to go home.” She said.

 

“Alright.” Sungyeol sighed. “I’ll wait you for you to enter my school!” Sungyeol waved at the girl who was running. He was curious about her.

 

As promised (?) , she studied at Sungyeol’s school. They always stick together. Bomi told Sungyeol that her father went overseas but what Sungyeol didn’t know, it was a lie. Her father kept abusing her but only on her torso, arms and thigh. He didn’t attack her face because he didn’t want to reveal his secret and Bomi always wear a pair of leggings to school. He knew Bomi won’t tell anyone and he’ll make sure she will die slowly.

 

But one day, Sungyeol confessed to Bomi. “I want to protect you when he’s back from China. I love you, okay. Let me take care of you until the end.” Those are the magic words that took their relationship to the next level : AS LOVERS…

 

TO BE CONTINUED~