Secret 19 - Dongwoo's Past 2/2

Summer : I Don't Know The Real Story

 

(A/N: Still a flashback)

 

Dongwoo ran out from school. He went to the usual café just to find out his father wasn’t there. His beloved preson wasn’t there. The usual person he sees isn’t there. He disappointedly walked away. He wondered if the old man was busy. He dragged his feet to his house just to hear someone bickering with his mother.

 

“I already said that I will take him away from you demon!” that voice. the voice he trusted the most. His father. He slowly opened the door and saw both of his parents arguing over something. Arguing over him. “I already said that we could get together again. He loves me more than you, Wohee-ah. If I ask him to come with me he will. Now you want him to disappear or we just remarry and live happily ever after.” The old man smirked sending shivers down Dongwoo’s spine.

 

This wasn’t his father. This was a monster. His father spotted him, his sharp eyes stared at Dongwoo’s piercing his soul. Dongwoo shuddered. “Dongwoo-ah, do you love your mother or me?” the older man asked. The little boy only can stared at him with scared eyes, not muttering a word. “You love me right? It’s okay, son. We will be happy ever after. I only need to kill this women who you hate so much. Wait for me kay?” Dongwoo looked down not daring himself to look at the other’s eyes.

 

Dongwoo eyes widened and he could only muttered, “No.” making both of his parents looked at him wide eyes. “I-I don’t love you, father. I don’t love this kind of father. My father is a kind person. He never show his anger to anybody. You’re not my father” He lift up his head and look straightly into the old man’s eyes. “I hate you.”

 

“Freeze!” an old man’s voice was heard. He weared a complete uniform that Dongwoo assumed to be a police. “Mr. Jang Woohyuk, you are under arrest.” The policeman said. His voice echoed through the house. Other  policemen came and stuck out their guns, ready to shoot his so-called-father.

 

“Huh, you think you can shoot me. If you come nearer, I’ll kill this woman. You don’t know what she did to me. She cheated on me.” His father snorted.

 

“No, you cheated on me first. We divorced so is it a sin to see other man since I’m a widow?” his mother eyed his father. “Now, you call me cheating? Huh! Your stupid brain is so stupid that it can’t comprehend that we’re divorced so I’m searching for a new husband! Is it wrong?”

 

“Yes, it is! You still love me! That’s why I told you to marry me again! But what did you say? you can’t because you have Dongwoo and are happy with him! Are you kidding me!? He sees me everyday after school telling me how he hates you so freaking much that he wanted to stay with me! He said he doesn’t love you because you hurt me! So I’m taking him back from you the bad way!”

 

“ I don’t love you anymore! After you cheated on me, I had enough of you. Getting drunk, gambling, you stupid humans never know the word ‘regret’!”

 

“Abeoji.. Umma..” Dongwoo’s pleading voice came out. His teary eyes making them both fell into silence. “Geumanhae… I’m sorry I told you I hate you, umma. I just don’t feel comfortable with you. Let’s settle this down the nice way,eo?” he pleaded and took a step forward.

 

His father shook his head right and left. “No, son. I need to kill this woman so we can be happy. If this woman still breathing on earth, I won’t be satisfied.” Silence. “Don’t come nearer young man, or your mother will die!” the old man threatened when he saw Dongwoo taking another step towards them. The police getting ready to shoot the criminal.

 

“Please don’t do this, abeoji.” He pleaded once again. His voice cracking. “I don’t want any of you to go away…don’t leave me.” He muttered taking another step.

 

“I told you not to take anymore step!” *bang!* a shot was heard.

 

“Umma!!!” Dongwoo quickly took a gun from a policeman’s shirt and shoot his father. *bang!* and everything fell into silence. His father’s body collapsed beside his mother’s. Their fingers touching each others. Dongwoo breath stopped. When he started breathing again, his gun fell to the ground as his arms limped to his side. Tears came running down his cheeks upon watching their bodies being lift up by the policemen. A female detective came and took him into her arms. He stared at the lifeless bodies once again before his face was turned to the detective. “It’s okay.” He looked at the detective’s name, Mrs. No Hyori. He cried and cried. What he had turned himself into? It wasn’t his father that was the monster. It was him.

 

TO BE CONTINUED~

 

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888

A/N: So how was Dongwoo’s past? It’s a bit short.. keke… I don’t have anymore idea to make it longer. OTL hope you enjoyed it! 19 - DD