Secret 27 - Smile

Summer : I Don't Know The Real Story

 

“Here. Take these clothes and don’t come out from your room. I’ll have to go back to the Ball to report to Ms.Yoo. You’ll be fine without me right?” Sungyeol handed Bomi his clothes.

 

“I remember this cloth. It’s the one you gave me when we first met.” Bomi tilted her head, reminiscing the white cloth.

 

 “Well, it is my school uniform.” Sungyeol patted Bomi’s head. “Now go and have a shower so you don’t smell and be sticky anymore.” he scrunched his face and went out of the room.

 

Bomi sighed. After a while, she went out of the bathroom. She took a bath and a small towel hung on her shoulders. When she was drying her hair with the small towel, someone opened the door and straightly went in. “AAAAAHH!! YAH! What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be at the Ball?” she screamed on top of her lungs.

 

“Would you stop yah-yah-yah-ing me for a second? I’m frustrated.” Dongwoo answered. He remembered the scene where Minah harassed Bomi. He looked at Bomi and literally stared her. She was wearing a big white shirt, exposing her slender legs with a towel hanging on her neck. Little water droplets dripped from her still wet brunette hair. Dongwoo’s eyes stopped at Bomi’s thigh. It was full of scars, bruises that surely for eternity.

 

Bomi widened her eyes as she realized Dongwoo was the third person to see her ‘marks’ from his father’s belt. Not only that, Dongwoo was staring her! She pushed the hem of her shirt down uncomfortably trying to hide her scars. “YAH! YOU ERT! GET AWAY!!” she shouted, face turning bright red.

 

“Heh, who would be attracted to you? I can’t see what Sungyeol sees in you.” The blonde haired boy inched closer, taking a super good look at the red face in front of him. “What are you embarrassed about? It’s not like you’re falling in love with me. So far that I know, you’re a shameless girl.” he smirked.

 

‘Yes, I am in love with you idiot! Can’t you see it!?’ Bomi wanted to say that but her lips said something else. “Yah! I can be ashamed too,okay?” Bomi threw a pillow at Dongwoo. The boy just laughed, receiving the impact rapidly.

 

“Thanks.” Dongwoo tapped Bomi’s head slightly and passed by her shoulders.

 

“For what?” she spoke as she blushed at the contact, making Dongwoo stopped his steps. She was grateful that his back was facing her.

 

“For entertaining me. For making me laugh again. You calmed me down.” Dongwoo turned and smile charmingly.

 

‘What the-no way..did the troublemaker just smiled at me? Not like smirking but sincerely?’ Bomi thought and blushed even more. “You’re welcome?” it came out as a question. Dongwoo sat at the edge of his bed. ‘I guess he is nice after all. He just doesn’t show it to people. I got to see another side of him.’ she thought and unconsciously smiled.

 

Dongwoo on the other hand, looked at her weirdly. “You’re weird like usual stupid kid.” He said as-a-matter-of-factly.

 

Bomi quickly snapped out of her ‘sweet’ thoughts. “I’m not stupid and I’m not a kid! I take it back what I thought!” she said loudly.

 

“What thought?”

 

“Ur..urm..nothing..”

 

“Were you.. by any chance thought that I’m a nice person?” he smirked, tilting his head childishly to the right,

 

“Crap! He can read my mind.” Bomi cursed under her breath. Dongwoo walked closer to her. Without realizing it, he was in front of her, their faces inches apart. Bomi startled. Dongwoo reached for Bomi’s small towel and wiped away her bangs. Bomi flinched a little as her heart beat 10 no, 100 times faster. Dongwoo wiped slowly, examining the girl’s flawless face. Her thin lips, and eyes shuttered closed.

 

“Why are you scared? You left some shampoo there.” Dongwoo said calmly, sending shivers down her spine. She raised her head up to meet a stunning gaze. they stared in each other’s orbs, trying to understand the other. Both of them felt like time has stopped for a bit.

 

“I-I wasn’t scared.” Bomi finally react, breaking their moments of gaze that seemed forever.

 

“I’m sorry. I forgot Sungyeol told me you had a trauma.” He said.

 

“Sung-Sungyeollie?”
 Bomi stuttered, sitting at the edge of her bed after seeing the blonde sat on his bed too. They were facing each other except Dongwoo was looking down to his feet.

 

“Yeah. He told me about your past. Don’t be mad at him. I forced him to. I didn’t know you had a trauma since then. You must have been through a lot. I’m sorry for hurting you. I didn’t mean to do it that way. I hated you to be honest. But now, I don’t know.. the feeling of hatred had gone with its traces..” Bomi’s eyes widened as she realized tears had fallen.

 

TO BE CONTINUED~