Secret 18 _ Dongwoo's Past 1/2

Summer : I Don't Know The Real Story

 

(A/N: this is a flashback)

 

A 12 year old Dongwoo walked to school happily. “Dongwoo-hyung~” a brunette kid came to him. He was a year younger but they were like siblings. Stuck with each other everytime after school. “I brought my lunch today. Let’s eat at the field!” the younger cheered.

 

“Sure, Jongie.” He ruffled the other’s hair.

 

“Hyung~ Don’t do that. I love my hair.” The other whined.

 

“It’s not that you’ll be getting a girlfriend with that pretty face of yours.”

 

“Hyung!” Sungjong shrieked. Dongwoo laughed sarcastically. Sungjong who was pouting a minute ago, was laughing too.

 

When school ended, he skipped happily like a normal kid but he was laughing like an unnormal kid. Everyone who passes by looked at him weirdly but he ignored it. What matters to him was that he was going to meet his father again. “Abeoji~”he cooed when he entered the café.

 

“Oh? Dongwoo-ah..” a man smiled to him. he quickly took a seat across the man. “How’s your life with umma?” the man spoke, touching the little boy’s cheeks. It had been a month they meet secretly after his father and mother had to break up (divorce. He’s still a kid this time). He loved his father so freaking much that he couldn’t let go. They had been bestfriends but his parents suddenly had a fight and that’s when it all starts. He hated his mother. He didn’t want anything to do. He started going out late at night eventhouugh he was 12 for crying out loud!

 

“Fine.. Just a little bit annoyed. Umma started to ask weird questions again…” he retorted. “I don’t understand her.” he pouted, crossing his arms on his chest.

 

“You grow too fast. What did she asked you?”

 

“Something about trust and happiness. She said she wanted me to give her that thing and she give me that thing too. I already have my happiness! Why does she have to ruin it!?” Dongwoo flailed his arms. People started looking at them.

 

“Let’s go out and take some fresh air shall we, your majesty?” his father held out his hand towards his son.

 

“I would love to.” Dongwoo reached his father’s hand. The two of them laughed as they walked out. They played at the playground, ignoring all the weird glances people gave them. What Dongwoo saw was only his father and no one else. The happiness that filled him cannot be describe. He was happy.

 

When they were walking home hand in hand, his father suddenly asked him. “You believe in me, right?”

 

Without thinking, he answered. “Nae, abeoji. So much!”

 

“I’ll love you forever and always.”

 

“Me too,abeoji.” With a kiss on the forehead, his father left him infront of his house.

 

He went into his house not making a sound. “Dongwoo, where did you go?” his mother asked him, arms crossed on her chest.

 

Dongwoo rolled his eyes. “Why do you care? It’s not like I did a crime.” He retorted and went into his room. He could hear his mother sighed and a click of the door probably going into her own room. He slipped into his blanket is eyes trying to sleep.

 

He turned right and left to get a comfortable position to sleep. He couldn’t sleep thinking about tomorrow. He pulled the blanket up to his nose and stare at one spot. He heard the click of the door and some footsteps came near him. He closed his eyes, pretending to be asleep. “Dongwoo-ah.. Mianhae..” by her voice, he knew she cried her heart out. He felt tiny little droplets dropped onto his cheek. He could guess it was her tears.

 

“He divorced me because he doesn’t want me anymore. He had married another woman. I didn’t tell you because I knew you wouldn’t understand. I live you, my son.” She kissed his forehead and went outside the room. The boy could still hear her sobs behind the door. The sound of knees dropping to the floor as quiet sobs becoming louder.