Secret 6 - Mess

Summer : I Don't Know The Real Story

 

“You useless child! What’s the use of having you?!” the sound of a belt making contact with her skin filled the room. “I hate your face! It makes me feel disgusting!”

 

“Abeoji, please stop!” the begging was cut off by the sound of the belt. Sobs became crying of pain.

 

Dongwoo heard her sobs. He wanted to go away but his feet seemed to be glued on the ground. ‘Why is she crying loudly? She’s only stuck.’ Dongwoo thought. He was curios about Bomi’s struggling and screaming incoherently. His hand slowly reached the tomb. He turned it slowly. The janitor’s room was a mess. His hands shaking in fear as he saw the dark brown haired girl was curling into a ball as small as she could. Her sobs becoming clearer. “Hey”, Dongwoo almost let it out as a whisper.

 

Bomi shot her eyes open and shook her head vigorously. “No, father. I didn’t do anything! Please! Don’t hit me!” Bomi kicked her feet on the floor.

 

Dongwoo was puzzled with the girl. She was frightened as if Dongwoo was a monster. “I’m not your father.” He pursed his lips.

 

“Ani!Ani! I didn’t do anything.” Bomi’s back hit the wall with a loud thud and she bammed her back onto the wall rapidly.

 

“Yah! I’m not your father!” he shouted.

 

“Please don’t shout at me!” she cupped her ears, tears flowing non-stop. Dongwoo’s heart soften. He quickly grabbed Bomi’s wrist towards him making her stood up. He immediately wrapped his arms around the girl. Bomi struggled but that only made his embrace tighten.

 

“Shhh…. Nan yeogi isseo (I’m here). your father is not here.” He the back of her head. The struggling stopped. Bommi tugged at Dongwoo’s shirt as she let her tears escaped from her eyes, marking his uniform turned into dark-crimson. Dongwoo loosened the embrace but he felt a pair of arms wrapped around his waist firmly. He’s starting to feel weird. He felt like he wanted to protect the girl in his arms. She looked so… fragile.

 

‘This isn’t right. why am I feeling like this? It’s wrong.’ Dongwoo thought. He wrapped his arms around the girl once again, sighing. He heard sobs soften. Perhaps her tears had run out. Bomi nuzzled her head into the other’s chest. In the world of darkness, there’s always light. And now, the light has come and was giving her warmth. Bomi breathed in deeply, remembering the scent. She placed her ear on Dongwoo’s chest hearing his heartbeat went faster by each second.

 

“Omo! What’s happening here?” she heard a girly voice squeaked. She immediately let go of Dongwoo.

 

“Waegurae?” another voice came. It was very familiar to both Bomi and Dongwoo. They looked at the voices. They saw a panicked Sungjong and a pissed Sungyeol. “What on earth is happening here?” the president’s voice filled with anger. He gripped Sungjong’s head making the younger stopped moving back and forth in front of him.

 

“Yeol-ah, I was trapped. It was dark and he c-” Bomi was cut off by Dongwoo’s arm in front of her, protecting her before she’d be pried off by Sungyeol. The president gritted his teeth, restraining his anger.

 

“I was the one who trapped her.” they were all shocked and Sungyeol became more pissed. He was ready to bite the flesh in front of him.

 

TO BE CONTINUED~