Only as a friend

You're My Star

-Jonghyun’s POV-

“You ready?” My manager told me as we walked towards the elevator. We’re supposed to be doing the MV shooting today but it was moved to tomorrow due to some problem with the director.

“Hey can I meet you at the studio in a little while?” I said after we got out of the elevator. I saw Sooyoung walking with Taeyeon-noona. My manager didn’t actually wanted to so I told him it would be just a second so he agreed in the end.

“Noona!” I shouted making the both of them turned around. They both smiled and waved at me. “Uh, Taeyeon-noona, can I like talk to Sooyoung for a while.” I asked shyly. I think I just blushed. Seriously!

“Sure thing.” She said before turning towards Sooyoung. “I’ll meet you back in the practice room.” She said before leaving us both alone. I took deep breathe and hoped that it all went well.

“What is it that you want to talk about?” She spoke as soon as Taeyeon-noona was out of sight. We took a seat next on the bench near to the elevator. The hall way was super quiet. So it was really just us two.

“Are you free later tonight?” I bravely ask. Believe me it took a god damn lot of my courage to say it and it took me the whole night practicing the line in my head. I couldn’t even sleep well because of it!

“Are you asking me out Kim Jonghyun?” I swear my heart stop beating for that very second. CRAP! How am I supposed to answer this? I wanted to propose to her but I want it to be as planned. “Ok. At the usual place I assume?”

I drew out a sigh of relief. My heart was back to normal but my mind was way messed up to think clearly. I quickly nodded and excused myself. “Hey, I got a recording to do so I guess I’ll see you later.” I said and waved her goodbye.

-Your POV-

I stood up to look at the picture that was taken. I’m doing some photo shoots for the album and damn this is hard. I mean being in the right mood and doing the right position is hard.

Hey, my dream was kinda to be a singer/dancer not modeling. So thing whole thing is new to me. Not that taking selca is the same as this but you get what I mean, I hope.

“What do you think?” The photographer said as he shows me the pictures. I kinda put a lot of thoughts it about and pointed at the picture that was the last one he took.

 

“I like this one. Can you zoom in?” I said smiling to my manager who was right behind me.

“What do you think? Is it ok? Or should I do it again?” I suggested. He seems to like it since he gave it a thumbs up.

“Eunmi, what do you think of modeling?” The photographer asked out of the blue. I have no idea what crossed his mind but I was sure it isn’t pretty. “You have the looks and the figure so what do you think about it?”

“It’s hard. That’s what I thought about it. Learning new dance steps were better than this.” I said earnestly which made him laugh his heart out.

“You’re honesty is admirable.” He said smiling at me. “I’ll pay you, no worries. Just 3 picture.” He said which surprised me. I mean twice his payment is a lot! I turned to my manager who just shrugged, not helping one bit!

“Sure I guess.” Hey we need to know how to survive ok? I smiled and got to the changing room. The hair dresser told me to use a wig, which I never wore before. I mean I like to show off my pretty hair what’s the point of showing a fake hair with an unclear origin?

I kinda protested which pissed her off and yelled at me. Yes, let me repeat, she YELLED at me! Who it the got damn mind have the guts to yell at me. “What’s going on in here?” My manager sprang in as soon as he heard the hair dresser scream.

I was pulling her hair telling her again who the boss of her is. “I am not gonna wear someone else’s hair! What? Do you think my hair is not great enough?!” My manager took my hand as I rolled my eyes at her. She was crying frantically. Oh please! “Sissy.” I scoffed which made my manager shot a stern look at me.

I lift both of my hands up letting him know I surrender. The hair stylist ran out without any hesitation at all. I puffed out air and walk off to the set. “Ready?” He said as he gave me a Vogue magazine. “Hold that magazine.” He said.

I did as told and posed with the magazine in hand.

“Now act as if you are reading the magazine. Just flip through some pages will be fine.” He said.

“Ok, now just pose freely.” He directed.

Once the photo shoot session was over I quickly thank everyone and walked off to the changing room to get change. Maybe modeling wouldn’t be so bad after all.

-Sooyoung’s POV-

I walked out of my room and was about to leave when I saw Seohyun walking out from her room. “Where are you going unnie?” She asked as I got my heels. “A date?” She said with a wink.

I giggled at her and smiled. “Nope. I’m just meeting Jonghyun.” I said calmly and got my purse that was on the table.

“Unnie, did you know that Jonghyun likes you?” She said making me look curiously at her. “Oh come on its obvious!” I rolled my eyes at her not wanting to believe her.

True I’ve heard people talk about it but I think it’s because me and Jonghyun are super close. I mean, I like him, but only as a friend not more than that. I sighed and walked out.

Once I enter the café I saw Jonghyun sitting near the windows. “Hey. Did you wait too long?” I said as I took a seat in front of him. I’m somehow nervous. I have no idea why, it’s just all of a sudden.

Like always whenever I am with Jonghyun, you can never stop laughing. He’s such a funny guy. We were walking back to the building still giggling at some jokes he tells.

“Sooyoung-ah.” He said with that cute shy smile of his. I hummed a yes to ask him to continue. He looked into my eyes which kinda struck me. “Would you like to go out with me again?” He said.

“I… Look Jonghyun, you’re a nice guy and such but I don’t want you to get the wrong idea.” I started off. I know this will broke his heart but I really don’t want him to be having such hopes on me. “I like you…” I swear I could see lights sparkled in his eyes once I said those words. “But… only as a dear friend.” I quickly said.

And with that the light that sparkled in his eyes fades. His lips formed a mere straight line as he nodded his head acknowledging what I just told him. Yes I’m rejecting him. It doesn’t take Einstein to figure that out.

 

 

Hello there Butterflies~

Heads up sneak peek for next chapter

'I saw him smirked as he look at me from top to bottom. Yup that confirms it he’s a ert!'

is a sentence enough? LOL wait for it~

See you pretty ladies in a 2 days

Lots of L♥ve,

 

AdoringButterflyy

 

ppyong!

 

Comment Section:

ZeeyLeey: Updated :)

YieYoungmi: Updated :)

ElmoBrew: OH! I thought I was the only one. High five! LOL.. Here you go~

SundayLightForest: Cause... I think... They are cute together... and I remember once Jonghyun did that prank call on Sooyoung so em yea.. He told people that he likes her so yea.. LOL... I DON'T KNOW I LIKE THEM TOGETHER :p And of course Jonghyun and you ;) HEHEHE