Chapter 21.

You're My Star

-Sungmin’s POV-

Oh someone please help me from this hell. I can’t believe they dragged me into this. “Kyuhyun-ah, why did you bring me to see her?” I harshly whisper to Kyuhyun who sat next to me.

“Because I don’t wanna suffer alone!” He whispered back. “As much as you hate her I do too!” He added.

“Then why bother coming anyway?!” I said again as I gritted my teeth.

“Because she’s been bugging me and it kills me!!!!” He shrieked silently.

“Jakiya! Yeobo! Sorry for the long wait, I was lost in my walk in closet.” She said as she walked down the stair case.

“How I wish you never found your way out.” I whispered to Kyuhyun which made him spay the water in his mouth right at Suzy, the annoying little devil.

*S/N: I do not hate her! SO please don’t bash me!

“Ah~ oppa!” She whined as she dusts the water from her dress. “Now I have to find another pretty dress.” She pouted as she heads back upstairs.

“And don’t ever come down.” I said as she finally disappears out of sight. “Kyu-ah, let’s make a run for it!” I suggested as I tugged onto Kyuhyun’s hand. “Another minute in here I think I can die here!” I added making Kyuhyun sighed.

“Then she’ll keep bugging me! I can’t stand it!” He said with an annoyed face. “Just bear with it for a while!” He added as I puffed out air.

She finally came down after another hour being upstairs I guess she was lost again in her gigantic closet. “Oppa, haja~” She said as she gestured her hand to us.

I was about to stand up when someone called me. ‘OH THANK GOD!’ I thought happily as I saw the caller ID. This girl seriously knows how to make me feel better this is why she’s my best friend.

“Yeoboseyo?” I said as Kyuhyun tugged onto my hand. “Ah sure. I’ll meet you at Starbucks café. I’ll be right over!” I said and Kyuhyun pulled my hand before I could hang up.

“Jakiya, who was that?” Suzy asked as I glare at Kyuhyun. I finally pressed the end call button and face Kyuhyun.

“Oh Suzy-ah, mianhae, it seems like we can’t go out today. Eunhyuk just called and told me we have a MV briefing for our comeback.” I explain which made her pout.

“Ah… chincha?” She said solemnly.

“Yes, so we’ll be pretty busy for a week or two maybe even a whole month.” Kyuhyun added knowing the fact that I lied to Suzy.

“Yea, so we’ll let you know when we’re free ok?” I quickly said as we walk passed her. Misery OVER! Finally!

“Hyung who was our savior? I am positive Eunhyuk-hyung would call at this time of the day.” Kyuhyun asked as we buckled our seatbelts.

“Eunmi, you seriously need to thank her someday.” I said gratefully.

“How bout now? You’re gonna meet her right?” He said as I shook my head.

“Yes, me alone, not with you.” I cleared out for him. I took a deep breath and drive away. When I reached Starbucks I got out and asked Kyuhyun to change seat. “You can drive back home alone. I’ll come back shortly after.” I said and closed the door.

I quickly got in and scan the place for Eunmi. ‘This is weird. She’s never been late before.’ I thought and took a seat near the window. I took out my phone and dialed her number.

Me: Where are you?
Eunmi: I’ll be there in a sec. something came up just now see you in 5 minutes.

Before I could ask her more she hung up. I puffed out air and decided to order ahead before she arrives. I know her favorite so I order hers too. I went back to my seat and waited for her.

‘Maybe she’s not coming.’ I thought as I look at the time on my phone. ‘It’s almost an hour.’ I heaved a sigh and stood up with both drinks in my hands. “Sungmin-ah! Mianhae I was late.” Seriously my face lit up after I heard those words and saw Eunmi panting as she took a seat in front of me.

“I thought you wouldn’t come.” I said and smiled at her. “Here I ordered your favorite. Though I think the ice melted.” I said as I hand her the drink. I look at her as she wiped her sweat away. “Why were you running and stuff? This place isn’t that far from our building.” I said and sat back.

“Fans. Seriously I need a better mask from now on.” I smiled and shook my head. “How can they freaed soaking recognize me?” She almost yelled and flail her hands.

I giggled as she rants on and on about the fans being super sharp and stuff and seriously she’s cute when she’s like this. I just couldn’t help but smile as I listen to her rant.

“Why are you smiling?” She said after she took a gulp of her drink. “Was it funny that I got chase?” She said with a serious face.

“No, not at all.” I denied as I tried to hold back my laugh. “Ah! Right, what was it that you wanted to ask me?” I said finally remembering the reason we meet. She bit her lower lips after I said it.

“Um… I wanted to ask you… about… um…” She said looking at anything but me. “Ah! Um… never mind. Can you forget that I even ask?” I gawked at her and blink a few times. “I forgot after all that running.” She reasoned.

“You’re a terrible liar you know that.” I said as she bit her lower lips again. She took a deep breath and looked at me straight in the eyes. “Oh. Before you ask anything, why didn’t you tell me you’re making an MV soon?” I started.

“Because the date was just set today.” She answered as she looked at me weirdly.

“You know ever since you hang out with Jonghyun you never seem to tell me anything anymore. It’s always me finding out things on my own.” I said feeling slightly hurt.

“I just couldn’t find the perfect time!”

“And you have time hanging out with Jonghyun?” I countered making her gape at me.

“I have schedule with him and when we have free time we just try to get to know each other sine we're working with each other.” I shook my head as I look at her. “I’m not the only one with secrets right now, am I?” I curiously look at her as she rolled her eyes at me.

“What? Do you think I have secret that I kept from you?” I said as anger boils in me. “I am not like you Eunmi. I tell you everything, anything and absolutely everything! I added.

“I tell you what actually happen to me good or bad, but you? I have to hear it from Leeteuk-hyung about your little accident while filming for Jonghyun’s MV and I have to hear it from Eunhyuk that you went out with Jonghyun. What is that Eunmi?” I asked as I can’t hold it in any longer. “Is that what best friend do now a days? Hardly find time for each other even though we're working for the same company? It seems like we're far from the tittle friends Eunmi.

I can see tears were collecting in her eyes I knew what I said was true but I never want to make her cry but I guess I just couldn't take it anymore. “And you went to Suzy’s house I didn’t even know!” I was astonished when I heard it. “What are you dating her now? It was her who call you Jakiya just now wasn’t it? And you're accusing me for not telling you anything!”

“Let me ask you Sungmin, who am I to you?!” My feelings were all mixed up. I am mad at her at the same time I’m glad. I wanted to say sorry to her but at the same time I don’t. I sighed and look at her in the eyes.

“A friend, that’s what you mean to me, a dear friend that I cherish.” I finally answered.

“And like I said before, that’s what I’ll always be to you.” She said as she stood up. She was about to leave when I quickly grabbed her hand.

“What do you mean?” I asked as I pulled her towards me.

“I will always be a friend to you Sungmin. No matter what that will always be my title in your life. I am so stupid to actually even think about anything.” She said as tears run down her cheek.

“Eunmi-ah, what are you saying?”

“Forget it. You know what forget me. It’s just me and my stupid heart to have that feeling.” She said as she harshly pushed my hands away from her. And with that she left.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

Hey guys. I updated again. Anyway, mind the little drama... There's a following to that but em I don't know if my idea is you know likeable.. :/ Oh well.. See ya guys on the next update