Shattered.

You're My Star

-Sungmin’s POV-

I rolled in bed trying to get some sleep but it seems like that night haunts me. Maybe I was worrying too much about her. Maybe if I was able to control myself we would still be talking by now.

I sat up and sighed. “Hyung is there anything that’s bothering you?” Eunhyuk said as he enters my room. “You’ve been out of shape lately.” He added as he sat next to me. “Lately you’re like quiet.”

“I don’t know.” I sighed and looked out the window. “I had a fight with Eunmi and right now we’re still not talking with each other.” I confessed and again sigh for the nth time.

“Why don’t you talk to her now? I mean she probably would’ve cool down by now.” I nodded in response and look wearily at him. I don’t wanna admit it and I don’t wanna let others know but I guess I can trust Eunhyuk with this.

“Maybe I should. But it’s like late now.” I said as I looked at my watch. “Don’t you think she’s sleeping or something?”

“I saw her just now with Jonghyun. I guess they just finished their shooting.” I furrowed my eyebrow at him.

“She came with Jonghyun?”

“Uh… yea, I just saw them a while ago at the lobby.” I don’t what I felt or how to feel about this.

I took my phone and dialed her number as I rushed out. “Hyung! I’ll be going out for a while!” I shouted at Leeteuk-hyung who was sitting on the couch.

“Where are you-” I didn’t have time to answer as I ran out and slammed the door behind me. I got the elevator and pressed Eunmi’s level. As soon as the door opens I saw her walking at the hallway with Jonghyun next to her.

There she was, giggling and laughing with Jonghyun. Those laughter, that smile, she usually show it ONLY to me. I hide behind the open door and peeked as Jonghyun handed the shopping bags to her.

“Annyeong~” Eunmi said cheerfully as she flashed a smile at Jonghyun. I saw Jonghyun smiled back and as Eunmi was about to close the door Jonghyun stopped it.

My eyes widen as Jonghyun leans in and kiss Eunmi’s cheek. “Thanks for today.” He said and smiled to Eunmi. I was hoping Eunmi would slap him or something but instead she did the opposite.

It was clearly written on her face that she was blushing. I quickly hid myself as Jonghyun walked towards the elevator. I know this is kind of weird but I feel some sort of jealous.

I mean is that possible? I’m just her best friend. Shouldn’t I be at least happy that she’s finally in love? Why am I like this?

-Your POV-

I was thankful that my schedule with Jonghyun was pushed till next week thanks to his schedule for Japan Arena Tour. I am so not ready to face him right now. I mean how can he drag my walls down with just that shopping trip and a single peck on the cheek?!

I’ve been cold as a stone and for as long as I know I’ve never met someone who can tamed me with just that single outing. Well maybe it’s because he made my heart waver that time when he saved me from that disgusting drunker.

I sighed and decided I should at least take some short walks at the nearby park to clear of my mind. I’m bored. I can’t call home or that can I go there. So I guess walking at the park would be better.

When the elevator door opens I just walked out without actually looking away from my phone. “Whoa~” A guy’s voice said as he held my shoulder. I look up and saw Sungmin smiling at me. “Annyeong~” He said which instantly captured my heart.

That’s always Sungmin’s specialty towards me. Whenever I see him smile my heart just skipped a beat. I just don’t know how to explain it sometimes. “Oh… Hi.” I replied making him look at me curiously.

“Eunmi-ah, are you still mad at me?” He asked as he look worriedly look at me. “Hey, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to just storm off like that.” I admit it I wanna hugged him for saying that but to be honest I kinda feel bad now that he said it. “I was overreacting.” He added.

“Hey, I’m going for a walk you wanna come?” I invited which made him lit up like a little boy. I, of course, smiled back at him. “Haja~” I said linking arms with him.

“Eunmi-ah, can I ask you something?” Sungmin finally spoke after the long silence. I looked at him and smiled.

“What is it?” I said as we continue to walk where ever this path takes us to. We don’t actually have a destination to go to and neither of us knows where we’re heading anyway.

The park was quiet, only a few peoples are here but it wasn’t any problem to us since we had our disguise on. Sungmin wasn’t talking after a while. I looked at him confused.

“Yah, what was it that you want to ask me?” I said as I elbowed him. He looked at me surprised.

“What? I didn’t say anything!” He lied as he tried hard to suppress his laughter.

“You’re a terrible liar you know that?” I said as I pouted.

“Ok… ok… no need to get all mad at me.” He said as he laughed. “Bogosipeosseo.” He said as he hugged me.

My eyes widen at the sudden action. I was actually stunned. My mind was frozen and so was my body. I didn’t hug him back not that I can anyway. “Why all of a sudden Sungmin-ah?” I said after the long hug.

“We haven’t talk to each other like forever and it’s bugging me.” He admitted as we took a seat on the nearest swing set. “I miss spending time with you. My days were boring without you.” I couldn’t help but smile like an idiot.

“It’s fun to have a best friend like you. I mean you always knew what to do to lift the atmosphere up.” He said and stings my heart. This whole best friend talk is making me feel worse about our relationship.

“You and I will always be best friends right?” I said making him look at me questioningly.

“Mm, I never actually thought of dating my friend. It would make me feel weird.” He said as I bit my lower lips. Guess he answer my questioning heart. He would feel weird if we ever dated. “Why you ask?” He asked totally wasn’t expecting that.

“I was just curious. I mean I never seen you go out with anyone.” I admitted. “So what if you like someone, lets say she’s a friend.” I asked again.

“Well I’ll tell her directly. I won’t hold it in for so long.” He said making my heart shattered. We’ve been friends for so long and not once he ever admits that he likes me.

 

 

Comment Section:

ElmoBrew: Aww... Thank you~ I'll try my hardest ^u^ And it's nice to see you in the comment section again :D

YieYoungmi: How do you know I planned to write that? HAHA! Can you read minds too? :p Here's an update ;)

ElmoBrew: HEHE.. A sweet chapter and then a sad one :/ Oh well...

 

Hey Ho! Changed my format slightly. Comment section on the top :)

You know I love you lots to bits~

Lots of L♥ve,

 

AdoringButterflyy

 

ppyong!