Chapter 26

You're My Star

-Sungmin’s POV-

“Hyung!” Kyuhyun called as I entered the dorm. It was 3 in the morning when Ryeowook and I came back from schedule. I yawn and rubbed my eyes as I walked towards him. “I think I made a mistake.” He said which confuses me.

“Kyuhyun-ah what do you mean?” I asked and flopped myself on the couch. “You know what tell me about it tomorrow. I’m too tired!” He sighed but nodded his head as I enter my room to sleep.

I felt a buzz under my pillow which woke me up. I reluctantly reach for my phone that was under my pillow and look at the time.

‘1.02 PM.’

Well that was a nice sleep. A full 10 hours of sleep! I stretched my arms and got out of bed and heads towards the bathroom. “Oh hyung! You’re awake!” I heard Kyuhyun called me as I nod my head without actually looking at him.

“I really need to get this thing off my chest and finally get some sleep! It’s been bugging me since last night hyung.” He said as I closed the door behind me.

“Tell me about it later!” I shouted and the shower. ‘I wonder what he wanted to say. Maybe it’s about Suzy.’ I wondered. I quickly clean myself and dried myself out before heading out.

“Oh hyung!” Kyuhyun eagerly called out as he saw me coming out of my room. I sat next to him before he hugged me. “Mianhae hyung!” I was astonished.

“Kyuhyun-ah, wae?” I asked in surprised as I tried to get him off me.

“I talked to Eunmi last night,” He started off and hugged me tighter.

“DID YOU DO SOMETHING BAD TO HER, YOU ERTED CHILD!” I shouted as I grabbed him by the collar. Leeteuk-hyung rushed out as he heard me shout.

“YAH! YAH! WHAT IS ALL THIS!” He said as he separates us. “SUNGMIN! GET TO YOUR SENSES!”

“Fine. Lets talk this calmly.” I said as I breathed out. “Ok, Kyuhyun, talk.”

“Well I kinda told Eunmi that you like her.”

“BWOAH?!”

“I thought you do!”

“Oh boy, that’s not good.” Leeteuk said as he rubs his temples.

“Why hyung?” Both of us said as we look at Leeteuk-hyung curiously.

“Eunmi likes you.” He said as he sighed.

“BWOAH?!” I was seriously shocked about it. “You’re kidding right hyung?”  I look from Leeteuk-hyung to Kyuhyun. “You know about this?”

“Everyone knows about it hyung. I thought you hang out with her cause you feel the same. I always thought you two are a couple.” He admitted as he face palm himself.

“She’s gonna have hope in you.” Leeteuk-hyung said as he patted my shoulder. I don’t feel the same way. I hang out with Eunmi cause she’s fun to be with and well despite people say that she’s cold and mean she’s actually fun and lovable you just need to get to know her and get on her soft side.

“Can’t you like her?” Kyuhyun asked snapping me from my train of thoughts.

“I treat her as my own little sister not more than that.” I confessed. “I don’t know how to break this to her. She’ll be so broken hearted.”

“Wait! I know someone who likes her.” Leeteuk-hyung exclaimed as he snapped his finger. I don’t need to think further cause I think I know who too.

“JONGHYUN!” We both said in unison. A wide smile plastered on my face as I got on my feet and rushed out to SHINee’s dorm. We’re on the same floor so it’s not much of a hassle to get there.

I knocked on the door a few times before Key opens the door. “Oh, Key-goon, is Jonghyun here?” I asked. Key nodded his head and motioned me to come in. I saw Jonghyun was sitting next to Minho watching Minho and Taemin playing game.

“Oh hyung! Annyeong~” Both Taemin and Minho said not moving from their spot. Jonghyun on the other hand was surprised to see me.

“Jonghyun-ah, can I talk to you for a while?” I asked which made him nod his head. We both got out to the balcony and took a seat there.

“What is it hyung?”

“You do know Eunmi likes me don’t you?” I asked cautiously. I am hoping he knows if not this news might drag his chances away. He sighed but nodded his head which made me feel relief.

“Why do you ask?” He said without looking at me. “Are you saying you like her too? So you’re here trying to tell me off?” His voice seems so cold, emotionless not the kind of reaction I wanted. “Well if that’s your reason I won’t waver! I like her and I’ll do whatever it is to make her fall for me.”

“Even if your opponent is me?” I said pointing to myself. Trust me I like his guts saying that in front of me.

“Even if my opponent is you. I won’t lose myself to you!” He shouted which made me smile.

“Someone got fired up.” I sneered.

“What you think I can’t make her fall for me?” I was about to say something but he stood up. “You made her cry and I guess I could use that as an advantage. When you made her cry I was there bringing smile to her.”

“True, she might be one pain in the but there’s something about her that keeps attracting my attention.” His words pierced in my heart. It felt as if someone squeezed my heart.

“Jonghyun-ah, she cried before?” I asked ignoring Jonghyun’s rant. Jonghyun quieted down and sat back as he finally faces me.

“You don’t know? Whoa~” He said in disbelieve.

“Then I guess I made the right choice.” Unconsciously the words came out which made Jonghyun look at me puzzled.

“Jonghyun-ah, can you do me a favor?”

“What is it hyung?”

“I’ll be breaking someone’s heart today and I want you to cure it.”

“Are we talking about Eunmi here?”

“Look, Eunmi likes guys who listen to her, guys who is always there for her. She also likes roses, red ones.” I pointed out everything that I remember about Eunmi and told it to Jonghyun.

“But hyung, why are you telling me this?” Jonghyun asked out of confusion.

“I… I’m going to tell Eunmi that I only treat her as a dear little sister to me and not more than that.” I know what I said was wrong. I promised her not to ever make her cry.

But I guess there’s no other way. I could never treat her more than that. Eunmi-ah… mianhae… chincha…

 

••••••••••••

 

Anyway second update for today~ :D

And I like to thank sachiko0816 for correcting my tense. HEHE

I edit it already :)

THANK YOU AGAIN~