Thanks for today.

You're My Star

-Your POV-

I think I was nuts. I seriously think so. My heart thumped hard under my chest as Jonghyun sang the song. To anyone it was as if he was singing but to me it was as if he was telling me the story of my life.

The song was like my current situation with Sungmin, my feelings towards him. That day flashed back in my mind.

“Cause I wanna hear it for myself, from my best friend!”

“Right! Because that’s what I’ll always be to you, YOUR BEST FRIEND!!”

My heart ached and little that I know tears fall down my cheek. I didn’t know he was still singing so he wiped the tear for me and that was the end. His final words were ‘Please don’t go.’

It was just like that day, that day when Sungmin and I fought for the first time. When Sungmin slammed the door behind him and left me there. Those were the words I said, don’t go.

I sniffed and looked at Jonghyun. Without actually thinking twice I pushed his hands off and ran towards my trailer. “What was I thinking?!” I ruffled my hair and took off my dress.

I slipped into some decent clothes, of course high branded and far way prettier than others, and grabbed my hoodie as I walked out of my trailer. I was walking down the street when a van stopped just right next to me.

It scared the heck out of me and if that wasn’t enough someone from inside grabbed me and pulled me in. It all happened too fast so I couldn’t actually do anything but scream calling for help!

“MOVE NOW!” The guy said and from the voice I could easily tell who it was. I cursed under my breath and dust off my clothes as he looked at me with fear.

“This is called KIDNAPPING! YOU HEAR ME?! KIDNAPPING!” I shrieked as I smacked his arms. “Do you not want to ask first before you barged over and kidnap someone?”

“Do you think you would accept if I asked?” He said which made me rolled my eyes at him. “I thought so too.” He said shrugging at me.

“Yah, Kim Jonghyun, where are you taking me?!” I asked as the van finally hauled to a stop. I looked out to the window and saw that we’re in Seoul. We were actually in front of Chung Dam Designer mall. “Why are we here?”

Instead of answering me he handed me a pair of sunglass that was exactly the same as what he was wearing. “Uh, looking like a carbon copy of you? I’ll pass.” I said as I pushed the glasses back at him.

“Suit yourself. I don’t think you bring any pair of sunglass so I was KIND enough to lend you one.” I looked out and saw few people looking at our van and damn sure they were suspecting someone famous.

“It’s not like anyone know me or something.” I said as I pulled up my hoodie.

“Mmhmm, like as if they won’t recognize the girl on the billboard.” He retorted as he pointed on a billboard that was right besides us. It was a picture of me holding a vogue magazine.

I sighed and snatched the glasses from him and I was pretty sure I heard him snickered. “Fine you win.” I said getting off the van followed by Jonghyun. He grabbed me by the wrist and walked pass those peoples.

“Where are you taking me?!” I shrieked as we entered the elevator. I glared at him as he gave me a questioning look.

It’s been months since I’ve been to the mall and it’s been years since I bought anything new. We finally reach a certain level and as I look around we were on the designer’s level.

I mean everywhere I turn it would all be those high branded clothing, from Guess to channel and even those straight from the runway. “Whoa~” I said awing the place.

“I told you I’ll buy you a new shirt.” He said as he rubbed the back of his neck. “Choose anything you want. I’ll pay.” He added as he smiled at me, that sweet innocent smile of his.

“Why would I accept that?” I said as I folded my arms across my chest. A smirk curved up his lips which made me frown at him.

“Sorry.” He said quickly. “Well that cordi-noona owes you a shirt so I’m giving you that on her behalf.” He said.

“Yes. That cordi-noona I didn’t say you.” I corrected and shook my head. “Is that tiny brain of yours not registering that simple thing?”

“Well its kinda part of my sorry for breaking the news to your parents thing.” He blurted. I looked down and puffed out air. “And for making you feel like this.” He said as he got closer.

“Feel like what? It’s not like you understand.” I said as I looked up trying to hold my tears. I don’t wanna look weak in front of him. I don’t mind to others but him? NO. WAY!

“Only people who understand the meaning of the song cry when they listen to it.” He said as he held on to the side of my arms.

“I wasn’t crying! There was something in my eyes.” I defended. I rolled my eyes at him and pushed his hands off. “Fine. Whatever you are willing to pay right?” I said as I point at him. He chortled and nodded.

I flipped my hair and smiled. “Well then Mr. we have some shopping to do.” I said as I pulled him to one of the store. I pulled some of the prettiest shirt I could find and stack them on Jonghyun.

“Yah, you said 1 shirt!” He said after a few t-shirt.

“I never mention how many. All I said were ‘You have to pay for this.’ I said which made him gawked at me. “This would do.” I said and ushered him to the cashier.

“You are one pain in the .” He said as he pulled out his wallet.

“And I’ll make sure I’ll be the most painful one.” I said as I smiled at him. He giggled and carried the bag with him.

-Jonghyun’s POV-

For once I actually felt at ease. I mean I actually felt comfortable around her. We walked around the mall for a while and bought some ice cream before going out to the street.

“Oh~ ddukbokki~” She said as she held on to my hand. “Buy me that please~” She said filled with aegyo. I don’t know why but I felt as if she was a light that shone through my dark heart.

“We just ate Ice cream and now you want ddukbokki?” I asked which made her pouted.

“Please~ it’s been years since I last had them.” She said and again gave me her best aegyo.

“Arasso, Arasso. Ahjumma, 2 ddukbokki please.” I said to the stall lady. She nodded her head and prepared us our food.

After Sooyoung rejected me I just felt empty and standing next to Eunmi right now just make me feel full again. “Jonghyun-ah, aah~” She said as she tried to feed me some ddukbokki.

“Oh… what’s this? Is Kim Eunmi finally being nice to someone?” I commented which made her pout at me.

“Fine if you don’t want just say so~” She said and as she was about to eat the ddukbokki, I smiled and pulled her hand and ate the ddukbokki. “Yah~” She pouted.

“It’s always tastier when someone feeds you.” I said as she scrunched up her nose. We walked all the way back without any fans following us. We laughed till we reached SM Building.

I sent her off to her dorm and drop off the shopping bags and bid her goodbye. Before she closed the door I stopped it in time and I leaned in to kiss her cheek. “Thanks for today.” I said as I flash her, my charming smile.

And for the first time in my life, I actually saw her blush. I guess I can attract her with my charm then.

 

 

 

Keep the comment bomb coming! :D

I love you lots to bits~

Lots of L♥ve,

 

AdoringButterflyy

 

ppyong!