Chapter 18,

You're My Star

-Sooyoung’s POV-

“Unnie~” I shouted as I caught up with Taeyeon. “Should we go out and grab something to eat?” I suggested with a smile. We all agreed and exited the practice room.

As we were walking out of the elevator I spotted someone that I’ve wanted to talk to for quite some time now but due to packed schedule I just couldn’t. I saw her walking pass us as she bowed her head and greeted us.

“Eunmi-sshi!” I said with a huge smile. She smiled back and greeted me. “We’re going out for lunch, wanna join us?” I invited.

“Uh… me?” She said. She’s so cute! “I have practice in 30 minutes.” I pouted as the rest made a disappointment face. “Maybe being late once won’t hurt.” She said making all of us smile.

“Haja!” Taeyeon-unnie said as she linked arm with Eunmi. We finally arrived at the regular restaurant where we, SNSD, like to hang around. We order up and while waiting for our food I turned towards Eunmi.

“So Eunmi-sshi, how’s working with Jonghyun-sshi.” I asked gaining interest of the other SNSD members.

“Oh! I heard! How is it?” Yoona said excitedly.

“Tell us! Tell us!” Hyeoyeon said as she shook Eunmi. She is sitting on Eunmi’s right while I am on her left.

“I bet he’s a charmer!” Jessica added.

“Hmm… let me see.” She said with a serious face. She motioned her head to get closer to her. We did it and she look at each and every one of us. “It’s…” She started off building curiosity in us, “a secret.” She broke off with a giggle.

“Ayyyy~” We all said as we giggle with her. “Come on tell us!” We all chorused.

“I can describe it in one word,” She finally said after we successfully pulled her to tell us, “annoying.” She said seriously.

“You serious?” Jessica said with dangling open. “Is it jealousy annoying since he’s famous and has like tons of fans annoying or just plain annoying like kids annoying?” She asked trying to make sure.

“Plain annoying.” Eunmi said expressionlessly.

“Whoa, you’re the first trainee I met who doesn’t fan girl about Jonghyun.” Jessica said still gawking at her.

“I’m with Jessica. Girls usually go crazy about Jonghyun.” Tiffany said. “Whoa, you seriously have one steel heart.” She added shortly after.

“Well that makes Jonghyun a safe keeper to Sooyoung-unnie then.” Seohyun said as she winked at me. I bit my lips and signal her to shut up. “What? Jonghyun does like you and everyone knows about it.” She said innocently.

“MWOAH?! Jonghyun likes Sooyoung unnie?” Eunmi said, stunned. “Unbelievable.” She said still surprised.

“What? You don’t know?” Yuri said blinking her eyes at Eunmi. “Jonghyun confessed and Sooyoung just reject him like that.” She uttered. “I’m pretty sure Jonghyun is suffering from heartache right now. Poor, poor Jonghyun.” She said again.

-Your POV-

After what I heard it all made sense now.

“Hey Eunmi, can I ask you something?” Jonghyun said as we haul to a stop when the light turned red. We were on our way back to SM Building from an afternoon at Jonghyun’s place.

“Go ahead.” I said not looking away from my phone. I’m texting my manager who have been worried sick since I wasn’t in my dorm and I am nowhere to be found.

“Why did you cry when I sang the song?” He asked which made me snapped my head at him. “You know the other day, when I sang the Y Si Fuera Ella on the set.”

“I don’t know. Maybe I can relate to it.” I said earnestly. It’s true I do can relate to the song. Sungmin and I were like that now. He didn’t answer to me and nodded his head.

“The other day you said you weren’t crying. Now you’re admitting it?” He spat making me shot daggers at him.

“Trickster!” I exclaimed pinching his arm well-toned arm. “Why you ask anyway?” I question him back.

“Nothing. I know how it feels to fall in love with your best friend.” He said with a bitter smile.

“Right like you would be rejected since you’re like a master in this flirty-flirty stuff.” I sneered. “It would be a laugh if you do get rejected.” I chuckled.

“It’s not funny when you truly love that person.” He said and from his voice I could sense sadness. “And especially when you know that person for a few years now.” I look at him with questioning look. “What?” He said confused.

“Have you been rejected, Mr. flirty Kim Jonghyun?” I asked almost bursting in laughter. I mean he’s a flirt machine and he’s telling me he’s been dump? It’s a joke I tell you!

He snorted and looks at me. “Does this face looks like he has ever let me down?” He said proudly. I shook my head and rolled my eyes at him. “Please.” He added and focused on driving. Even through his steel cool image I could sense that he’s hiding something.

I shook it off since I wasn’t interested in it plus I doubt it’ll be something important anyway…

I bit my lower lips since I finally get that sadness he felt and the hint that I felt that day. Sooyoung-unnie rejected him. “Have you guys known each other for a while?” I asked Sooyoung-unnie who was quiet while we were talking about Jonghyun and her.

She inhaled in air and nodded, “Mmhmm, a few years now.” She said. “I kinda regret making him feel all broken and stuff.” She sighed.

“You mean you regret rejecting him because you finally fall for his charms?” Sunny-unnie asked after she was being quiet and all. “Daebak.”

“No, no! It’s not that I fall for him now. It’s just that we’ve been friends and seeing him like this just shatters me. I mean who wants to see their friends all sad and gloomy knowing that you cause them to feel that way.” She explained.

We talked whilst we ate our lunch I kept feeling awkward now that I knew what was going on with Jonghyun and Sooyoung-unnie.

‘Hmm… should I patch them together?’ I ought to do it. But then I might not know what Jonghyun or Sooyoung thought about it. Maybe they won’t like it when other people in their business.

I thought about it all day and good thing practice doesn’t took a long time so I have more time to think about it at the dorm. While I was flipping through the magazine someone knocked on my door.

Confused, I stood up and walked over to the door and open it. I gasped as the person fell flat on just in front of me. OH MY GOD!