Chapter 30

You're My Star

-Jonghyun’s POV-

We’ve been in Japan for 3 days straight now and seriously I miss her. I can’t help it but smile whenever I think of her. I took out my phone and texted her.

‘Hey grumpy lady, how are you?’

I slouched back as the hair stylist noona fix my hair for our next concert. I smile once I felt my phone vibrate.

‘I think you got the wrong number. I don’t know anyone name “grumpy lady”.’

I giggled at her cute reply and decided to dial her number.

Her: I’ve told you, you got the wrong number.
Me: Eunmi-ah~
Her: What?
Me: I miss you~
Her: You mean grumpy lady? I think you got the wrong number sir.
Me: Lets meet up as soon as I reach Seoul.
Her: Are you even listening to me Jonghyun?
Me: I am. Your voice is just too melodious to ignore.
Her: Cheesy. Yuck! I think I might hurl.
Me: Why thank you. Hey seriously lets meet up as soon as I landed.
Her: I am not going to go in the airport just to get you out of the plane young man.
Me: Silly, I’ll pick you up at the company of course.
Her: Pfft… fine… whatever you say.
Me: Hey I got to go.
Her: Hey Jonghyun.
Me: Mmm?
Her: I miss you~

With that last thing she hung up. I couldn’t help but laugh. Butterflies started to fill my insides as I was lost in the mist of her. “Guys, I think we might need to find someone to replace Jonghyun-hyung.” Taemin snickered making me look at him.

“What?!”

“And he’s back! Yeay!” Key said as he clapped his hand in amusement. The others just laugh as I glared at them. I shook my head and rolled my eyes at him.

“Enough lovey dovey, time to get real!” Onew-hyung said as he stood up. Key started to dance to T-Ara Lovey Dovey as he made his way standing next to Minho.

We did our chant and walked out of the dressing room energetically and as soon as we’re done here I’ll be seeing Eunmi!

-Your POV-

I woke up from my short nap thanks to someone knocking on my door endlessly. “What?!” I shouted. I wasn’t fully awake so I’m pretty much blind right now.

“Good morning sleepy head.” Jonghyun said as he ruffled my hair.

“Jonghyun, what are you doing here?” I asked as I fixed my messy hair.

“Checking up on my lady~” He said in the cheesiest way you can ever think of as he wiggled his eyebrows. “Plus I did tell you I’ll pick you up once I got back.” I took my phone and look at the clock.

“It’s freaking 1 in the morning!” I freaked as I flail my hands around like a lunatic. “I’m tired. I just got back from MV shooting.” I whined as I flopped myself on the couch.

“Sorry for waking you up.” He said as he sat next to me. “Aigo~ is our grumpy lady tired?” He teased with that baby voice of his. It annoys me no matter what it is. The annoyed I get the happier he is!

“Don’t disturb me!” I said and smacked his hand making him winched in pain. He smiled as he pulled me in a hug. He let me rest on his lap as he flicked on the channel. I yawned and look at Jonghyun.

“Hey why don’t you get some rest and later we’ll go for a jog as we watch the sun rise.” He suggested. I smiled sleepily which made him giggle. “Arasso, now get some sleep.” He sweetly said as he brushed my bangs out of the way.

Why did I doubt him in the first place? Having him around me makes me feel better. I haven’t forgotten about Sungmin, he is still my friend well now more like my brother.

I flutter my eyes open and sat up quickly. “Wae, wae?” Jonghyun asked in shock.

“I just remembered! We have recording tomorrow.” I whined and lay back down.

“We? As in us?” He said unsure. I nodded my head and looked at whatever that he was watching. “What you don’t like it working with me?” He questioned making me look at him boringly.

“It’s not that I don’t like it. I just don’t like to go out before schedule. Nor that I like it when I sweat before schedule.” I explain and sat up. I rested my head on Jonghyun’s shoulder as we watch this random drama.

“I see someone is comfortable with me.” He sneered making me glare at him.

“Fine. You just ruined your time. Now go~” I said angrily and points at the door.

“I’m sorry… I was just kidding.” He said and cupped my face. “Why are you so sensitive?” He asked as I got his hands off my face. “I told you before smile~”

“I’m not gonna smile. I’m tired~” I stretched and sighed as I look at Jonghyun sleepily. “Can you come at 5? Or just before sun rise?” I plead. I wanted to sleep for an hour or so.

“Oh? I thought you don’t wanna go out with me…” He said sadly.

“I never said I didn’t want to. I just said that I don’t like it to sweat before schedule. We could just take a short morning walk. There’s no harm with that.” I said cheery and kissed his cheek.

“Now go~ I’m tired~” I whined and pushed him off. I saw him smile and held both of my hand.

“But I wanna be with you~” He pouted as I make a disgusted look.

“Told you before I hate clingy guys, so don’t start to act like one… please.”

“Ok. I’ll see you later ok?” I was surprised when he kisses my forehead. I guess little things can make me blush when it comes to Jonghyun. “I like how I can make you blush.” He commented snapping me back to reality.

“Kim Jonghyun!” I groaned. “Go! You just ruin it! Again!” I said and smack him. “I’m tired please~”

“Arasso, arasso, I’ll be here at 5 be sure you’re ready.” He said and walked out. I yawned and crawl back under my blanket in my room and slept.

----

“KIM EUNMI!” I heard someone shout my name. I shot up and look at the time. OMO! It’s 5.30 am. “Yah Kim Eunmi!” I scurried out of my bed and rushed to the door. “You’re still asleep?” I panted and didn’t even bother to answer him.

“Why are you so early? It’s not like we’re going for a jog or something.” I said and sat back on the couch. He sat next to me as he faced me.

“I miss you… sorry if I disturbed you sleeping.”

“You disturbed me twice today.” I replied angrily. “And I’ve told you a thousand times already I don’t like clingy guys… we just met a few hours ago and now you’re telling me you miss me? Aish!” I am pretty much annoyed. Come on clingy guys are just too suffocating.

Jonghyun didn’t answer me which made me look at him. He was looking at his feet not wanting to meet my gaze. “Should I change?” He said. His tone was shaky and I think he would’ve cried if I ever continue to rant. “Mianhae~” He look up but he didn’t look at me. “I’m sorry if I’m not the kind of guy that you expect me to be.” My heart ached as he stood up.

Maybe I was being harsh to him. Maybe I shouldn’t have been so cranky sometimes. “You know what, you go and get some rest. Maybe I could force myself to sleep this time.” He said making me feel guilty.

“Ya~ you haven’t slept yet?” I squeaked.

“I wanted to but I can’t. It’s been 3 days since I last seen you and I just felt excited when I got here. I couldn’t even sleep.” I heard him sigh as I got up. “Go, sleep. You must be really tired.” He said and held my hand.

“And how bout you? Are you going to sleep?”

“Don’t know maybe… if I can ever sleep anyway.”

“Yah~ are you that dumb? Go get some rest. Please~ for me…” I pleaded. I’m filled with guilt right now and I think I could die if he keeps on being like this.

“Maybe…” As he was about to open the door I ran towards him and back hugged him.

“Can you wait for a few minutes? I wanna get change.” I said with a smile. Hey I made him sad and I guess I should make him smile now. I mean whenever I am sad he knew just the thing to make me laugh.

“I thought you wanna sleep?”

“You’re killing me with that sad puppy look.”

“I’m fine~ go sleep. It’s ok, we’ll see each other later for filming.”

“Can you please make up your mind? Do you wanna go on this date or you want to stay back and sleep?” I questioned making him smile.

“Date?” My eyes widen finally realizing what I said. “You wanna go on a date with me?”

“Jonghyun-ah!” I whined and hit his hand. “Ish! Let’s just sleep! Sleep!” I said and ushered him out. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hug.

“Let’s just sleep? You mean you, me in a bed? Together?”

“ert! You are seriously a ert!” I said smacking his hand.

“Why are you mad at me for? You’re the one who said it!” He defended himself as he tried to block my hits. “Arasso, can we go on this official first date of ours?”

“When did I say its official?” I snickered and pushed his arms off of me. “I’ll be back in a minute.”

I finally got changed and walked out of my room. “Haja~” He said as he reached for my hands. He interlaced his fingers with mine as we walked out of my dorm. My insides are twisted into a knot as we walked towards the elevator.

“Yah~ people might see.” I shyly said as I tried to get his hands off.

“You don’t like it?”

“Can we do it later?”

“I want now.”

“Jonghyun-ah!”

“Arasso, arasso.” He giggled and let go of my hand and walked out of the elevator and walked to his car.

We finally reached Han River. The scenery was spectacular. The morning breeze was really refreshing. “Eunmi-ah, should we really go on a date?”

“You don’t want to count this one as a date?” I said as I ran away from him.

“Yah! You… come back here!” He shouted as he chased after me. I laughed and continue running further away till I reached the railings. I looked at the water and amazed at how clear and pretty it was.

I was too busy awing the place when a pair of hands wrapped around my waist. Jonghyun rested his chin on my shoulder as I held his hand. “You know what is more beautiful than this view right now?” He asked.

I look at him and shook my head. He smiled at me and pecks my cheek. “You.” He said simply as I made a disgusted face and did a gag sound.

“Cheesy, you are so cheesy. I think I got goose bumps.” I said. I return his kiss and inhaled the morning fresh air as I let Jonghyun warm me with his hug. To be honest, I never actually picture this day would ever happen.

I mean me and Jonghyun. Who would’ve thought about us being together? Well at least now we do know things like this do happen.

 

2nd update ;)

Another chapter to go.. T-T

Will update next week on Saturday KST :)