Chapter 20.

You're My Star

-Your POV-

“Eunmi-sshi, what do you think about it?” Mr. Lee Sooman said after he finished explaining the detail of my Music Video. Since the thing I have with Jonghyun ended I am actually free from him.

I do see him around but since there wasn’t anything for us to stay together I just walked pass him after saying hello and stuff. I haven’t had any proper talk with him since our thing ended.

It was hard throughout the week because you know, I was like trying to avoid him and all. I finally cleared my mind. Nothing in Jonghyun is worth to be with other than get squish by thousands of fans.

I told him we could be friend or just sunbae-hoobae relationship. “And for the male actor we will be using SHINee Kim Jonghyun.” Lee Sooman said making me look at him with wide eyes.

“Why can’t it be someone else?” I reacted quickly. “I mean we have tones of other male artist from TVXQ-Sunbaenim to EXO-Sunbaenim.” I suggested.

“Well Y Si Fuera Ella was a great hit! I want to maintain that.” He reasoned. “Plus fans like it the two of you together. There is some even saying you to should date.” He said again. “I want to use that positive reaction to well gain more attention for you.” He added.

“Why can’t it be others? I mean see how it goes? There is nothing wrong with experimenting, right?” I said hoping he’ll change his mind. I know it’s useless but once he has decided its final!

He scratched his head and sighed. “Do you have any problem with Jonghyun? Any personal problem that I should know of?” He asked seriously. His sudden approach made me feel scared.

“No… nothing.” I said, well more like mumbled.

“Great then there is no other reason for us to change the male leading actor then.” He said as he stood up. “Well this meeting is finally dismissed.” He walked out with his assistant. I sighed and stood up along with my manager. I bowed to the other staff before walking out.

“What’s with that whole thing?” My manager asked as he walked beside me. “I thought your acting skill was perfect during the MV shooting.” He added making me scoff at him.

“And that is why it is called acting…” I sneered and hand him my files. “Give me my phone please.” I asked as he tried to balance out the stuff in his hand. “I think I need an assistant too.” I sighed.

“I don’t think anyone can stand you.” He mumbled.

“I can hear you.” I said as I rolled my eyes at him.

“I wanted you to hear me.” He spoke making me squint my eyes at him.

“Just give me my phone! Hurry!” I shouted as I ran out of my patient.

“You seriously need to call home. Your mom has been nagging at me for the past few days and it’s killing me!” He said as he took out my phone.

“I’ve told you. I’ll call once I’ve debuted!” I shouted and reached for my phone. He moved his hand away so I can’t reach the phone. “YAH!” I yelled.

“Call home then I’ll give you the phone.” He threatens.

“How can I call home if I don’t have my phone?” I reply angrily.

“Use my phone.”

“Like I have your phone.”

“Get it in my pocket.” He said moving closer to me.

“You crazy?! Just give me my phone and I’ll call home! My god!” I snapped. “Why do you want me to call home so freaking bad?” I asked as I grabbed my phone and called home.

“Cause your mom won’t stop bugging me if you don’t.” He said looking satisfy.

I dialed home and luckily no one was home. I sighed in relief and left a message after the beep.

“Umma, it’s me. I called just to let you know I’m fine and I’m sorry for not calling home or dropping by. I’m pretty much pissed and well you know what happen. Text me if you’re home.
Oh and mom, I miss you.”

I finally concluded the call and look at my manager. “Are you happy?!” I said with a stern look. He cleared his throat and nodded his head. “I got to go.” I said and walked off.

He can be one pain in the sometimes. I took out my phone and called Sungmin’s number as I made my way to the elevator.

Sungmin: Yeoboseyo?
Me: Sungmin-ah, can we hang out? I have something to tell you.
Sungmin: Ah sure. I’ll meet you at Starbucks café. I’ll be right over!

I was about to hang up when I heard someone in the background. “Jakiya, who was that?” And with that he hung up. My whole heart stopped functioning. My heart raced and the word played in my mind on repeat.

Feeling lost and hurt, I searched for the courage that was buried by the words that I just heard. Why does it have to be when I wanted to confess to him? Why does it have to be now?

I just found the courage to tell him and now it was crushed by that simple line I just heard. ‘Sungmin-ah, how could you do this to me? You once said you won’t ever make me cry. Now? You didn’t even tell me you’re in a relationship.’

Tears rolled down my cheek as I stood there as the door open. My phone rang and saw Sungmin calling me. I wiped my tears and walked out. I inhaled a deep breath and answer him.

Sungmin: Where are you?
Me: I’ll be there in a sec. something came up just now see you in 5 minutes.

I quickly hung up and my inside was twisting and turning as my heart raced. I don’t wanna meet him right now. I don’t even know if I can face him! Tears poured down more and more as my heart ached.

The words repeated in my head making me feel more pathetic than ever. Ottokke? Should I go and see him? Or should I make excuses and cancel the meeting? Oh my god! What am I gonna do?!

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

So hey guys. Ok. I've been busy with college and stuff (not to mention I still don't have wifi) So I might update once a while so bare with me yeah?

I can't do comment section at the moment so again bare with me. In fact I don't think I'll do comment section anymore so yea that part will be cut off.

I will how ever talk to you guys if you guys like wall or DM me or if you guys wanna ask something in the comments below so yea :)